Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Only one week's figures but not a good one for project don't lockdown:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sweden-becomes-country-highest-coronavirus-133234804.html

According to figures collated by the Our World in Data website, Sweden had 6.08 deaths per million inhabitants per day on a rolling seven-day average between May 13 and May 20.

This is the highest in the world, above the UK, Belgium and the US, which have 5.57, 4.28 and 4.11 respectively.

However, Sweden has only had the highest death rate over the past week, with Belgium, Spain, Italy, the UK and France, still ahead over the entire course of the pandemic.

State epidemiologist Anders Tegnell, the spokesman for Sweden's outlier coronavirus strategy, dismissed the figures on Tuesday night, arguing that it was misleading to focus on the death toll over a single week.

"This is something we should look at when it's all over," he told the Svenska Dagbladet newspaper. "It is of course terrible that we have such a higher death toll at our elderly care homes, and there are lessons to be learned for those who work in these institutions."

It comes after study found that just 7.3 per cent of people in Stockholm developed Covid-19 antibodies by late April, which could fuel concern that avoiding a lockdown may bring little herd immunity.

My best lockdown day for a while, took an ex to Bents, she bought a bottle of wine and cake and we spent the afternoon in the sun outside at my house listening to random music on Amazon Dot, when she wanted to listen to Bob Seger, i quickly made an excuse saying her bus was due anytime now.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, leigh white said:

My best lockdown day for a while, took an ex to Bents, she bought a bottle of wine and cake and we spent the afternoon in the sun outside at my house listening to random music on Amazon Dot, when she wanted to listen to Bob Seger, i quickly made an excuse saying her bus was due anytime now.

What a fucking charmer

Mate of mine lives near Port Street beer house that's now doing take outs as well as a couple of other places. Said NQ was packed out last night with people sat on the streets on tins. Mixture of anger and jealousy for me.

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Mate of mine lives near Port Street beer house that's now doing take outs as well as a couple of other places. Said NQ was packed out last night with people sat on the streets on tins. Mixture of anger and jealousy for me.

Yesterday felt like another notch on the lockdown belt was loosened. 

I may have to take my old man to the hospital in a bit. Hoping it's not full of loud, droplet spewing pissheads.

15 minutes ago, leigh white said:

What's happened to the lady who had a piss at the bus stop?

16 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Yesterday felt like another notch on the lockdown belt was loosened. 

I may have to take my old man to the hospital in a bit. Hoping it's not full of loud, droplet spewing pissheads.

Definitely, garden centre was packed out today and the roads look nearly normal. Hope it goes okay at the hospital, grim place to be anytime let alone when its 25+ degrees out.

Edited by Marc505

Just now, Marc505 said:

Definitely, garden centre was packed out today and the roads look nearly normal. Hope it goes okay at the hospital, grim place to be anytime let alone when its 25+ degrees out.

Cheers. I'm expecting it to be busier just based on the volume of  pissheads on the field across the street. 

Have been there three times since the weekend. Obviously I'd sooner be pretty much anywhere else given his age and complicating health factors  however Aside from / due to the threat of killer pathogens it's lovely and quiet at the moment. Plus the fella operating the ultrasound yesterday was a wanderer which pleased my dad no end. 

4 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

"This is something we should look at when it's all over," 

followed by

"it's time to move on, stop being negative 

we've overtaken them again today, just.

Fairly similar for the last 2 weeks. both way higher than US, France, Spain.  Looks like we have similar downward trends

Brazil look like they're going to overtake , and start to go well higher in a few days time.  

Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

Hollywood Nights, stonewall classic.

3 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Hollywood Nights, stonewall classic.

I made sure she got to the bus stop pronto, with her heavy bags full of pots and plants, before listening to this.