Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Who wouldn't. But it's not relevant to use Germany as a comparison.

We didn't have the same industry/available resources. What's so difficult about this that you don't seem to grasp?

If we had finished the season 5th from bottom and stayed up on goal difference we'd all (nearly) be happy. It would have been a success, starting with one hand behind our backs.

Talking about this in terms of success and failure is pathetic really.

Why do you find it so hard to grasp that we did fuck all when other countries such as Germany were getting their arses into gear. 

That is why we are were we are now. One of the absolute basket cases. 

6 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Yes and I'm sure British people will be queueing up for them.

There are thousands of nursing vacancies already so where are these British workers to fill them ?

It's been like that for years & without the non-British staff the NHS would really struggle to function.

But that’s what getting our borders back means. Sadly folk don’t realise the impact it’s gonna have. 

got our passports back tho didn’t we so no bother 

8 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Why do you find it so hard to grasp that we did fuck all when other countries such as Germany were getting their arses into gear. 

Shh

Health guru speaking....

No new cases in London for over 24 hours, going to head down to East Kent on Friday for a bit of a beach trip and a swim - been looking forward to that for a while.

Looks like our office and the rest of the group were right to shut up shop a couple of weeks before the government said to do so. We’re opening up again on the 1st June, with only business critical meetings, etc Plus we all get temp tests on the way in and free masks etc Fingers crossed, if the second wave isn’t that large then we can continue on this path to normality.

58 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

No new cases in London for over 24 hours, going to head down to East Kent on Friday for a bit of a beach trip and a swim - been looking forward to that for a while.

Looks like our office and the rest of the group were right to shut up shop a couple of weeks before the government said to do so. We’re opening up again on the 1st June, with only business critical meetings, etc Plus we all get temp tests on the way in and free masks etc Fingers crossed, if the second wave isn’t that large then we can continue on this path to normality.

Strange how a few tests at Watford FC found 3

9 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

There is a website for that kind of thing (so I'm told).

Rudy will post a picture in a minute :)

...no new cases is London, where the tube and busses have been rammed.

getting weaker this thing. 

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Clearly we didn't do fuck all. Typically, you're screeching from a position of knowing nothing more than anyone else in the general public, but deciding that qualifies you to spout bullshit as fact.

Again Germany already had facilities in place. We didnt.

That is fact.

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

Cant see what they can do without the app, other than contacting those who the infected person tells them they've been near to? In S Korea they published the whereabouts of positive people (no names) on an interactive map, so you could see where and when they'd moved before testing positive - and they used trasaction history too. 

Don't know if you saw newsnight last night. Had a German official on; they have no app neither- it's in development like ours.

He described it as an analogue system, with people manually ploughing through data. 

Seems like it's purely a numbers game

2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

This track and trace app is gonna be the saviour

GET THE PUBS OPEN

July they reckon. No drinking at the bar and socially spaced tables.

Pubs are going to be rammers! I hope they get extra staff on crammed in together behind the bar.

30 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

July they reckon. No drinking at the bar and socially spaced tables.

Pubs are going to be rammers! I hope they get extra staff on crammed in together behind the bar.

My local is about 10m2. I might have to sit at home and they can bring me pints. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Clearly we didn't do fuck all. Typically, you're screeching from a position of knowing nothing more than anyone else in the general public, but deciding that qualifies you to spout bullshit as fact.

Again Germany already had facilities in place. We didnt.

That is fact.

Fucking exactly. The point I’m making and the point you seemingly aren’t that arsed about is that we didn’t have those facilities in place. We saw this coming a mile off and did fuck all until it hit and then once it did hit stopped testing and tracing. 

Vietnam, 900 hundred mile land border with China. Zero fatalities 

We’re nowt but a third world country