Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter

Daughters school just emailed To say they won’t be opening as planned on Monday due to the R going over 1.

Cant see it dipping below 1 before the end of term now either.

What a fucking mess

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

Daughters school just emailed To say they won’t be opening as planned on Monday due to the R going over 1.

Cant see it dipping below 1 before the end of term now either.

What a fucking mess

It’s another example of chaotic management and mixed messages from the government putting schools and in particular head teachers in an impossible situation.

One minute we’re following the scientific evidence (Or choosing which evidence suits the theme of the day), or waiting till we’re at level 3, or waiting till the R value is coming down, or mainstreaming decisions nationally.

Then another day it’s choosing a different piece of science, being ok at level 4, talking of possibilities of localised R levels and schools/local authorities making decisions on what suits their locality.

With the public health announcement stating the R value at above 1 in the NW it’s understandably caused worry and confusion.

I work across 3 schools and I’ve had 3 emails today all interpreting this differently, 1 school, we’ll carry on, 1 we’ll postpone the phase return and 1 We’re not in till further notice.

43 minutes ago, desperado said:

It’s another example of chaotic management and mixed messages from the government putting schools and in particular head teachers in an impossible situation.

One minute we’re following the scientific evidence (Or choosing which evidence suits the theme of the day), or waiting till we’re at level 3, or waiting till the R value is coming down, or mainstreaming decisions nationally.

Then another day it’s choosing a different piece of science, being ok at level 4, talking of possibilities of localised R levels and schools/local authorities making decisions on what suits their locality.

With the public health announcement stating the R value at above 1 in the NW it’s understandably caused worry and confusion.

I work across 3 schools and I’ve had 3 emails today all interpreting this differently, 1 school, we’ll carry on, 1 we’ll postpone the phase return and 1 We’re not in till further notice.

The Public Health announcement was based on modelling

ONS has it under 1

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

The Public Health announcement was based on modelling

ONS has it under 1

This is the problem.

Boris needs to get a grip, grow a pair of bollocks and say “right - this is the model/stats/figures we’re using. Ignore all others. When I say we move we move”

But he hasn’t, he turns up 2/3 days a week and is allowing all and sundry to lay claim to the best figures.

He’s failing. He started off front and centre and I was fairly impressed. Now, he rocks up once every so often then fucks off.

Leaders should lead, not fucking delegate everything to a load of people protecting their own careers.

3/10

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Water cannon the cnuts 

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

But replace the water with sewage juice!

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Flames 

Just move on guys, nothing you can do about these people flouting the rules, don’t know why your getting so wouldn’t up about it 

Move on 

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Spider said:

This is the problem.

Boris needs to get a grip, grow a pair of bollocks and say “right - this is the model/stats/figures we’re using. Ignore all others. When I say we move we move”

But he hasn’t, he turns up 2/3 days a week and is allowing all and sundry to lay claim to the best figures.

He’s failing. He started off front and centre and I was fairly impressed. Now, he rocks up once every so often then fucks off.

Leaders should lead, not fucking delegate everything to a load of people protecting their own careers.

3/10

Aye

At least trump turns up and speaks his mind, then sacks anyone who doesn't tow the line

23 minutes ago, Spider said:

This is the problem.

3/10

Got to agree. By not just having an agreed data set it just becomes a distraction with people arguing wether a number they do not understand is 0.9 or 1.0. 

5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Just move on guys, nothing you can do about these people flouting the rules, don’t know why your getting so wouldn’t up about it 

Move on 

Correct nothing we can do 

however can’t help getting wound up

majority of folk have abided by the rules not seen family, couldn’t have proper funerals etc etc, the R rate is the highest about in the north west and 15k turn up!

some of us are waiting for our workplaces to open based on it being safe to do so.

10 minutes ago, desperado said:

See Tom and Spiders response

As I said all depends which Science you choose.

Aye

Science isn't so scientific in this matter.

We don't know much about this virus!

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

No doubt some of those Teachers will have been on those protest marches.... some, not all.

The same with Students, there will be those who won't go in to College because they dont want to risk catching Covid-19, but i bet their snowflake arses are all over these protests!

Can't believe what's happened today. 

They think clearly think their pure liberal thoughts make them immune from this virus as well as from having to sully themselves with debating with people who have inferior views which should be silenced. 

Trouble is they'll now go home and either get mild symptoms or none at all and spread stuff to their old folks who will suffer. Then, of course, it'll all be the Government's fault.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

He's still upset about that little bald advisor bloke who went for a trip around some castle, trying to make a point. Unfortunately 2 wrongs don't make a right. These protests are hypocrisy of the heighest!

3 wrongs don’t make a right! 

1) that twat Cummings breaking the rules 

2) Boris not sacking that twat Cummings for breaking the rules 

3) All these twats protesting / breaking the rules 

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

He's still upset about that little bald advisor bloke who went for a trip around some castle, trying to make a point. Unfortunately 2 wrongs don't make a right. These protests are hypocrisy of the heighest!

Think just annoyed about spending weeks following rules. To find people just fuck them off. Last week it was seaside and beauty spots. 
It is not a left v right thing just knobheads ruining it. 

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Spider said:

This is the problem.

3/10

I'd rather the leader left the experts and ministers to do their jobs rather than sticking his beak in continually.

Yes he should have sent the mackem stelios packing as part of his management position, and I reckon that's a major fuck up.

There are other issues which as pm I would assume he has to have some involvement/influence in. Trade negotiations for example- the appointed chaps to do the work, whilst keeping a watching brief over everything.

As for these briefings, a different face can be beneficial, although I reckon they're not overly watched anymore. Horse has bolted on that one.