Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

16 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Aye, that made loads of sense. you fruitloop

Fucking big cross you bear. Fuck knows how you manage to get out of bed in the morning.

*Am I in bed? Or on the bed under the covers? Debates with yourself for half an hour before falling back asleep again.

Weirdo

Listen I get out of bed prompt every morning sit in my nice seat in my nice office at my nice house or get in my nice Car to do my nice job. No struggle. 
days made better by clowns like you biting

So genuinely. If you were in my position I can guarantee you wouldn’t worry so please don’t do so from outside knowing nothing about me you boring cunt. 

46 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Anyway I’m away to take my mum to the hospital to find out if she will be with us for much longer. No sympathy required. 

enjoy yourselves might be back later might not. See how it goes. Be prepared for a proper bona fide meltdown possibly. A real one. Not these pretend ones you talk of that don’t exist. 

If it helps, I've been to the hospital a lot recently with my Dad and they've been very well drilled with social distancing, ppe and other precautions. Hope all goes well for you and your mum. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Just heard on the radio that an expert told the Gov on 11th April that the app would not work without the support of Apple.

Seems odd that this wasn't at least investigated. 

Aye, he was on newsnight last night.

I get the impression the government was hoping that Apple would shift their position.

The fella also acknowledged that Apple/google app didn't meet the distance accuracy that Hancock wants and that they were working on it.

On that basis, surely it makes sense for this combination app to be sorted asap.

In the meantime, why not use the German one (open source) and/or let us android people use the functioning government one, as it meets the accuracy requirements?

Surely, the German one based on Google etc would be better than nothing until the distance accuracy issue is sorted?

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Listen I get out of bed prompt every morning sit in my nice seat in my nice office at my nice house or get in my nice Car to do my nice job. No struggle. 
days made better by clowns like you biting

So genuinely. If you were in my position I can guarantee you wouldn’t worry so please don’t do so from outside knowing nothing about me you boring cunt. 

Likewise you absolute moonman. 

21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye, he was on newsnight last night.

I get the impression the government was hoping that Apple would shift their position.

The fella also acknowledged that Apple/google app didn't meet the distance accuracy that Hancock wants and that they were working on it.

On that basis, surely it makes sense for this combination app to be sorted asap.

In the meantime, why not use the German one (open source) and/or let us android people use the functioning government one, as it meets the accuracy requirements?

Surely, the German one based on Google etc would be better than nothing until the distance accuracy issue is sorted?

One argument could be that the likihood of getting folk to install multiple apps is probably pretty small. They probably figure they have one chance, with a massive supporting ad campaign and peer pressure to get sufficient installs to make it viable. If they go again with a second app soon after the first they may find people aren't going to bother.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You carry on playing snake on your Nokia 3310.

Saying that, neither am i loading that app.

Can’t think why anybody would really. Can just see loads of people getting told to self isolate for 14 days because of a glitch in the app. 

Listening to today's briefing on the wireless earlier, and a barrage of questions about how are govt expecting all schools to go back even if 1 metere distancing is still in place. I've a feeling by September they're thinking distancing will be a thing of the past, they just cant say that yet.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Listening to today's briefing on the wireless earlier, and a barrage of questions about how are govt expecting all schools to go back even if 1 metere distancing is still in place. I've a feeling by September they're thinking distancing will be a thing of the past, they just cant say that yet.

Aye something along those lines.

That said, I reckon they thought something similar with the initial idea of getting all primary kids back by now.

Something will have to give if they're all to go back.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye something along those lines.

That said, I reckon they thought something similar with the initial idea of getting all primary kids back by now.

Something will have to give if they're all to go back.

As one of the journalists said it'd take either a massive, massive chunk of money to fund new teachers and new buildings to split classrooms adequately with distancing still in (ie not happening) or no distancing at all, if they want everyone back as they pledge.

21 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

As one of the journalists said it'd take either a massive, massive chunk of money to fund new teachers and new buildings to split classrooms adequately with distancing still in (ie not happening) or no distancing at all, if they want everyone back as they pledge.

Time to stop paying teachers who won't teach?