Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

2 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Just had a read of the comments on there; some are blaming Whelan for the situation they are in. FFS without him they would have never been above League 2 and probably been non league for the last 20 years 

Is that any different to those on here that blame Davies for turning the tap off ?

1 hour ago, snowball said:

Some of them on that Latics Speak forum are in for one hell of a reality check any day now. Still talking about being a Championship sude next season, re signing out of contract players, holding onto some etc. Penny has dropped for one or two but they being called out as doom merchants.

Will love it when reality bites. That train is coming down the tracks you scruffy set of Bolton hating scumbags

Aye just had a look, and I am hearing the word......... Deluded.

Disagree on the miracle bit as I think we’ve a better than evens chance of retaining our Championship place, 

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

I hate their sad little fans but if I am honest I don't want them to go bust 🤔

I’d rather Bury survived than them cunts.

They’re like a fly in your bedroom when you’re trying to get to sleep.

4 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Is that any different to those on here that blame Davies for turning the tap off.

Yes it's very different. You sound unintentionally like one of them Wigan cnuts. Their high water mark was a few seasons in Div 3 before Whelan rocked up. We were serious top flight players before Eddie Davies was even born, and that's no dig at ED. 

21 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Yes it's very different. You sound unintentionally like one of them Wigan cnuts. Their high water mark was a few seasons in Div 3 before Whelan rocked up. We were serious top flight players before Eddie Davies was even born, and that's no dig at ED. 

You sound iunintentionally like a massives fan. We had not been 'serious top flight players' for 40 years before Eddies money. (unless you consider one season of staying up in 17th place as serious players).

So its no different for a numbskull Wigan fan to criticise Whelan for being in the finacial shit as it for a numbskull Wanderers fan to criticise Davies for being in the financial shit . IMHO of course.

1 minute ago, ZiggyStardust said:

You sound iunintentionally like a massives fan. We had not been 'serious top flight players' for 40 years before Eddies money. (unless you consider one season of staying up in 17th place as serious players).

So its no different for a numbskull Wigan fan to criticise Whelan for being in the finacial shit as it for a numbskull Wanderers fan to criticise Davies for being in the financial shit . IMHO of course.

We'll have to agree to differ then Ziggy. 

Wigan were nothing before Whelan, they owe their only ever success to him, we had at least had success before, even if it was many years before. 

Just now, RoadRunnerFan said:

We'll have to agree to differ then Ziggy. 

Wigan were nothing before Whelan, they owe their only ever success to him, we had at least had success before, even if it was many years before. 

Im not disagreeing.

Im saying that any wigans who blame Whelan for their current financial woes, are no different to those Whites who blamed Davies for our woes.

13 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Im not disagreeing.

Im saying that any wigans who blame Whelan for their current financial woes, are no different to those Whites who blamed Davies for our woes.

Yeah I get it, though we were in the Prem before Davies and had obviously been successful before. They literally owe everything to him, all he did was sell up.

Really dont want to get into ED again as it's been done to death. Whilst we should acknowledge his huge part in our success under BSA, I think some criticism is legit because of the speed at which the taps were turned off. I don't think anyone has ever explained why we gave Pratley 3 years in the summer and weren't paying HMRC by autumn. 

That's why I think the two situations are very different, all opinions mate and I really dont like Wigan. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

3 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Yeah I get it, though we were in the Prem before Davies and had obviously been successful before. They literally owe everything to him, all he did was sell up.

Really dont want to get into ED again as it's been done to death. Whilst we should acknowledge his huge part in our success under BSA, I think some criticism is legit because of the speed at which the taps were turned off. I don't think anyone has ever explained why we gave Pratley 3 years in the summer and weren't paying HMRC by autumn. 

That's why I think the two situations are very different, all opinions mate and I really dont like Wigan. 

We'll agree on that, and leave it there.

Have a good weekend.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

I have been blocked by the wigan forum and I didnt even post anything 😳

Perhaps you need to hate them more!

To be honest I've not got overly worked up or excited by their situation, though I've had a wry smile across my face from time to time since the administration. 

• Site Supporter

Yer man Nixon has got the pastry munchers shitting in their kex with an article in tomorrow’s paper.

Basically, the admins want preferred buyer to step up by Friday and their 1st task is to pay £1m in wages. If that doesn’t happen, players can do what 1 or 2 of ours did and hand in a 2 week notice.

The grim reaper has 1 hand on that bog chain. Oh dear, what a shame

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Yer man Nixon has got the pastry munchers shitting in their kex with an article in tomorrow’s paper.

Basically, the admins want preferred buyer to step up by Friday and their 1st task is to pay £1m in wages. If that doesn’t happen, players can do what 1 or 2 of ours did and hand in a 2 week notice.

The grim reaper has 1 hand on that bog chain. Oh dear, what a shame

And any bidder has to prove they have funding for the next 2 year. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

30 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Unless Whealan comes back in, any sign of him sniffing about? 

I think he initially suggested it but then sort of retracted his comments hours later citing his age and the difficulty of doing such a role when he doesn’t know how bad it is. Assuming after someone had a word in his ear.