Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

3 hours ago, Boby Brno said:

Any visionary badges going to those of us who said the U.K. was better than most with regard to race relations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56585538

The commission's report concluded that the UK is not yet a "post-racial country" - but its success in removing race-based disparity in education and, to a lesser extent, the economy, "should be regarded as a model for other white-majority countries".

We are not America.

Trying to pass off the slave trade as not just "profit and suffering" is fucking pushing it though.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, kent_white said:

I agree. I was one of them. My point all along has been that the situation you find yourself born into has far more influence on your outcomes than the colour of your skin. 

Like the report says, social class is a huge driver.

I also think it was interesting that one of its conclusions is that consistently making out that things are worse than they are, risks alienating the middle ground. 

Only heard some of its findings on the news, but I'm pleased that comment is made about education and needing to utilise it as a means out of poverty.

Birch put up a load of stats a while back, and it's not purely a race issue, poor communities all over keep yielding the same arguments. Society as a whole need to adopt a more positive attitude to schooling, and the value of work.

I'd also link it in part with the "Everyone's invited" web site's revelations. As a society a lot of respect for ourselves and others has been lost.

17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Only heard some of its findings on the news, but I'm pleased that comment is made about education and needing to utilise it as a means out of poverty.

Birch put up a load of stats a while back, and it's not purely a race issue, poor communities all over keep yielding the same arguments. Society as a whole need to adopt a more positive attitude to schooling, and the value of work.

Spot on, but you don’t often hear about these issues.

The “victims” of society, or their agents more likely, just want more money thrown at the issue, clearly with a political agenda.

We ought to be encouraging inspiring futures, rather than letting the agents keep people down.

One of my disappointments is that immigrants come to this country because of the culture here, that they can get on, build a better life for themselves and their family. But these wonderful aspirations are too often chopped down by the victim and dependency culture. They don’t end up with the chance they craved before they arrived.

3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

It's not about inspiration, it's about opportunities.

This country is run by public schoolboys. Top to bottom. Every institution.

Breaking that is the key.

There is opportunity everywhere.

We don’t need your politics of envy.

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

There is opportunity everywhere.

We don’t need your politics of envy.

Not envy.

Facts mate. With a big fuck off cherry on top.

Take your head out of your arse and do a bit of research. And it'll never get better as long as folk like you won't acknowledge it's an issue.

Or is this another one of my 'issues'?

Cue you swerving that one. Again.

3 hours ago, royal white said:

Do we really see a lot on social media towards footballers? It does seem to got worse since the kneeling started.

I'd say there's pretty much something every week now.

I've no idea if that's more or less than it was before the knee-taking. Maybe it was there just as bad before but those being targeted ignored.

Whether its better worse is irrelevant though, if there is one case then that's one too many.

... and if it's increased because of the knee-taking then that's even more reason to keep kneeling.

Just now, mickbrown said:

Aye.

Roughly 50% of officers are from public schools.

Yes, luckily the majority of mine were just clever lads from normal backgrounds.  

The Difference in the forces compared to Parliament is they have an NCO (who is usually from a normal background) at their side to guide them. It usually works on a battle field but not so sure how it would work running a country. 

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I'd say there's pretty much something every week now.

I've no idea if that's more or less than it was before the knee-taking. Maybe it was there just as bad before but those being targeted ignored.

Whether its better worse is irrelevant though, if there is one case then that's one too many.

... and if it's increased because of the knee-taking then that's even more reason to keep kneeling.

That’s the very reason some black footballers and clubs have stopped kneeling.

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Yes, luckily the majority of mine were just clever lads from normal backgrounds.  

The Difference in the forces compared to Parliament is they have an NCO (who is usually from a normal background) at their side to guide them. It usually works on a battle field but not so sure how it would work running a country. 

Might be an idea that.

Every Oxbridge MP has a northern lad whispering in his ear telling the twat how it really is.

• Members
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

That’s the very reason some black footballers and clubs have stopped kneeling.

Be better if they came off social media and stop giving these trolls an anonymous platform to hide behind until Facebook Twitter etc do something, but not all players will because of endorsements and the social media companies won’t do anything 

Nobody should have to come off social media because they're being abused.

RW says some black footballers have stopped taking the knee. I'd prefer to say a tiny minority. 

How about players stop kneeling when all racist abuse stops? 

7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Nobody should have to come off social media because they're being abused.

RW says some black footballers have stopped taking the knee. I'd prefer to say a tiny minority. 

How about players stop kneeling when all racist abuse stops? 

They’ve stopped because it’s pointless, it’s an empty gesture. It’s mainly been pushed from above and now players and teams are slowly fucking it off. I don’t think us and FG took the knee at the weekend did we? 

• Members

Fuck the knee off 

Get the FA to apply pressure for the government to tackle social media companies

FIFA make a scapegoat of a team throw them out of a competition, no warnings, no fines

Edited by Rudy

7 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

How about we just get on with the game

corona/BLM have been at the centre of everything for the last year it’s boring 

move on 

Got to admit it doesn't even register with me now. I've no idea whether Bolton or FGR took the knee at the weekend.

Obviously if any player or team still wants to do it then they should be allowed/encouraged.

31 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Be better if they came off social media and stop giving these trolls an anonymous platform to hide behind until Facebook Twitter etc do something, but not all players will because of endorsements and the social media companies won’t do anything 

Forgive my ignorance on this as I have no idea how this endorsement lark works. I assume that it’s the top players that benefit most from it? Do they really need that extra income? Really? Fuck Facebook, Twitter, Instagram off until they start handing over the identities of the racist trolls and take a hit on their extra income for a while

It’s not directly addressing racism but it might perhaps deny the racist an avenue? I might be talking shite. I genuinely have no idea.