Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nations League

deane koontz

Thought Southgate was a different manager in that he didnt have favourites and in form players with their club would get games 

Why is Pickford still in team? Pope had outstanding season and Maguire needs fucking off. Dont rate rice either.  

Apart from World Cup and Euros these internationals are shite. Scotchmen now being bigged up as well. dear me

We always end up down this cul de sac with England managers where no matter if they started out by picking form players they always end up relying on their favourites.

Still feel like no matter what happens we'll start with Pickford at Euros because of his tournament and penalty shoot out experience, even if he spends all season stopping Everton winning the league.

8 hours ago, Rudy said:

Sancho and Grealish start for me 

We should be moulding a team round the likes of these.

Finally the key to unlocking defences. Weve been crying out for these type of players for years ffs. Iceland, croatia etc all big games weve just hit a brick wall.

Just look at the talent we have. Grealish, sancho, trent, sterling, rashford, greenwood all there to feed kane/dcl. We cant waste this chance.

Trouble is Ive no idea who we could bring in. Heard Poch mentioned, cant see him taking that on.

Howe and dyche can fuck off. Lampard maybe?

• Members
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

We should be moulding a team round the likes of these.

Finally the key to unlocking defences. Weve been crying out for these type of players for years ffs. Iceland, croatia etc all big games weve just hit a brick wall.

Just look at the talent we have. Grealish, sancho, trent, sterling, rashford, greenwood all there to feed kane/dcl. We cant waste this chance.

Trouble is Ive no idea who we could bring in. Heard Poch mentioned, cant see him taking that on.

Howe and dyche can fuck off. Lampard maybe?

We should be taking games to teams especially Denmark. Kane Rashford Sterling, that’s one of the best forward three in the world, for Grealish not even to get on last night when we’re chasing a game is baffling. 

• Members
8 minutes ago, Pablo said:

well if you believe the big sam fans, Everton were great under him...

My old man is a blue so I’d go to the odd game with him and no they weren’t. They were shite. Same under Silva, Koeman at times, but big Carlito has got them playing. 

I seriously hope you beat that shower over the road this weekend 

If Sam had been given the time, he'd have made them defensively sound and then added the talent up top.  DCL would've improved a lot earlier too.

They're doing well under Ancelotti now, but they'd have go to this point a lot sooner if those screeching fans had given Allardyce a bit more time.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

My old man is a blue so I’d go to the odd game with him and no they weren’t. They were shite. Same under Silva, Koeman at times, but big Carlito has got them playing. 

I seriously hope you beat that shower over the road this weekend 

oh i know mate, we was utterly terrible under all those managers.

• Members
19 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

to be fair they're going to struggle to afford a top class keeper

Agree but I woudn't put it past Ancelotti. Pluck some serie B keeper from Italy who turns into another Zoff or Buffon. Smart cookie is Carlo.

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Agree but I woudn't put it past Ancelotti. Pluck some serie B keeper from Italy who turns into another Zoff or Buffon. Smart cookie is Carlo.

he can be as smart as he likes, but if Everton have no money, they can't spend it

• Members
16 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

he can be as smart as he likes, but if Everton have no money, they can't spend it

......and exactly how much would you think they would have to spend for an unknown Serie C keeper from, say, Pro Patria Ate Liverandtaters? 

• Members

There is a reason Carlo is one of the most decorated managers of all time, because he’s absolutely brilliant. Forget money and claw players at his disposal. 
Watch how his previous teams set up, hard to beat, fast , spread the ball well, take their chances. Look at DCL goals this season, one touch and it’s in the net. That’s what Everton for years have been missing. 

Ancelotti isn’t some flash in the pan manager, he’s elite, In the same bracket as Jose, Pep, Klopp and fergie, he’s just a winner. Write Everton off at your peril this season.

• 5 weeks later...