Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ratwhite

24 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

That postponed game, we were in the boozer near the ground and I went for a much needed slash only to be informed, when I got back to the table,  that the game was off due to a waterlogged pitch. It was a heck off a slash and so I wondered if I'd played a part. Was on Grand National day - or did I dream that??

Aye, my son picked the winner that day, Red Marauder 33/1

7 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tenner. Which is probably more than it would have cost for a ticket if we were allowed to attend, but there we go. Already paid for mine but that's only because there's literally nowt else to be doing.

FWIW profits are shared 50-50 between the 2 clubs, so getting a well supported club in the 3rd round wouldn't be a bad payday (we can dream).  

8 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tenner. Which is probably more than it would have cost for a ticket if we were allowed to attend, but there we go. Already paid for mine but that's only because there's literally nowt else to be doing.

FWIW profits are shared 50-50 between the 2 clubs, so getting a well supported club in the 3rd round wouldn't be a bad payday (we can dream).  

8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

All likelihood at that stage would be that we’d be on BBC or BT so wouldn’t make any iFollow cash. Would make a good few quid from telly but nowhere near as much as with split gate receipts. 

31 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

All likelihood at that stage would be that we’d be on BBC or BT so wouldn’t make any iFollow cash. Would make a good few quid from telly but nowhere near as much as with split gate receipts. 

Not necessarily, thinking of all the big clubs in the Prem etc like West Ham, Leeds, Everton etc I dont think Sky would be wanting to go with them against us?  I'm unclear if i-follow still do the Sky/BT games, given that most dont' have either of those, would it be a double win to get a Sky game, with i-follow income as well?

Been there twice. A 3-1 win in 2000 on the way to charging into the playoffs on the last day; a week after seeing us win away for the first time at Huddersfield.

Also went to the rearranged loss in 01. If memory serves we really should’ve won. Recall Warhurst getting done for dissent and getting absolute dogs abuse from our end.

They scored from the resulting free kick 10 yards further forward. Think Holdsworth should’ve had hat trick too. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

Remember Nathan Blake firing in to orbit in the last minute. Completely cleared the stand and wouldve made it 5-4. 

He had a right sulk on after coming off the bench. Was firing shots in all over the show to try and prove a point.

He was offskis not long after that.

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It's the first time Bolton has been so badly managed to be in a league below Crewe

I decided to check who we've been below before.  In the late 80s we were a division below York, Aldershot, Chesterfield, Chester, Bury and Notts County and in the same division as Wrexham, Scarborough, Darlington, Hartlepool, Halifax, Hereford and Stockport.  A slight comfort to know other clubs might have been as badly managed as us over the years, although only Notts County out of that lot anywhere near us for size and history.