Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Ukraine

Rudy

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Far cheaper to conduct cyber attacks and meddle in elections than it is to launch a physical attack. There's no benefit to Russia in starting a war against the west that they would lose.

Putin wants a legacy where he can be seen as a great leader who won respect back for Mother Russia after decades of shame, by making local territorial gains and increasing Russias influence around the world. There's no way he wants his legacy to be as yet another megalomaniac leader who brought Russia to ruin by trying to face up to a superpower and its allies.

Iran and China are a whole different discussion. They're where I'd be investing my worries long term.

Aye I agree. He might nibble at parts of Ukraine but he isn't going to risk all out war with the west. I hope anyway.

Funny thing with China is the West's consumerism directly led to their massive economic upturn.

We allowed all our stuff to be made there nice and cheap then wonder why it all gets copied.  Intellectual copyright means zero to the Chinese, they couldn't give a shite.

Iran is ruled by nutjobs.

10 hours ago, Spider said:

At worst, it’s a scrap at the Far Eastern border of Europe which basically centres around an ageing President with a Stalin fixation trying to secure his legacy.

At best, it’s sabre rattling and a way to keep his army from getting fat.

They got their arse handed to them by a ragtag bunch in jewelled sandals and mascara, then by a bunch of beardy weirdy ginger muzzles.

They're far from the WW2 Red Army, they're more preoccupied with shagging whores and Levi's jeans now. 

4 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Aye I agree. He might nibble at parts of Ukraine but he isn't going to risk all out war with the west. I hope anyway.

Funny thing with China is the West's consumerism directly led to their massive economic upturn.

We allowed all our stuff to be made there nice and cheap then wonder why it all gets copied.  Intellectual copyright means zero to the Chinese, they couldn't give a shite.

Iran is ruled by nutjobs.

China's ambition and military build up is so huge that it might end up having to be a case of fucking hell just let them get on with it and try to co-exist with them in the end. They've become pretty much a near peer state when it comes to military technology, not quite at the level of the US but not far off. 

The whole problem with Iran is that it is run by nutjobs. I don't know what could feasibly be done about them other than containment.

They are two wars I would really, really not want to find ourselves in.

Wars are totally avoidable - people should just don't join up, worldwide, if there's a draft just take loads of drugs, claim you're queer and that they would rue the day they put you in uniform. When they take you to an army shrink act like they're drawing stuff out of you, psychotic Homosexual tendencies - then jump up and peep under the door you entered and another door that's probably the the toilet, then whisper in the doctor's ear "I've got a fucking plan, I want to get in basic training, organise those working class soldiers, steal guns, you get it, and kill posh bastards, and install Communism here...'

Factually incorrect - Lundgren is Danish. He also starred in that He-Man Filum, the biggest pile of shite I ever saw at the pictures, no, the last Superman film with Christopher Reeve, that was utter wank.

They used to play the racist Ki-Ora advert but didn't sell it.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I’m away at the moment. Trying to keep abreast of things occasionally. Seems that there could be a bit of a conflict over in the East.

BBC headlines reporting that Boris had a birthday party at work.

We don’t stand a fucking chance.

Edited by BobyBrno

15 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

I’m away at the moment. Trying to keep abreast of things occasionally. Seems that there could be a bit of a conflict over in the East.

BBC headlines reporting that Boris had a birthday party at work.

We don’t stand a fucking chance.

Did you miss the other stuff he has done? There has been something different every day for weeks. This is why we need a new PM focused on all the important things and not just hiding away while all his lies are investigated.

• Site Supporter

Putin has no interest in a scrap with the west.

He simply wants to leave his job having claimed back a fair chunk of the USSR.

He’ll be happy with half a Ukraine and a Baltic state before he jacks it in.

1 minute ago, chipspuddingngr said:

I think mariella frostrop is Norwegian 

I think you're right actually - she's fifteen years my senior but she'll be delighted to hear I'd nob her, I bet I could get her up the duff.

The brunette out of Abba is Norwegian but she was fathered by a Nazi soldier so was treated like shite by everyone on account of this so she moved to Sweden.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Spider said:

Estonia asking for more troops from NATO apparently.

They'd be next if Putin is determined to keep going.

He's making a statement at the moment. NATO to increase presence in Baltic, together with consideration for presence in Romania (French troops etc) and Hungary too, particularly as it has a high number of Hungarian people in Ukraine.

Germany is the issue, and Boris is balancing their interests (gas) with that of NATO, and not being critical of them as other mps are. He's just described it as "unifying the west" in it's response. Being quite diplomatic 😀 

Get back on topic - Mariella Frostrup, aged 59, do you reckon' you could make her pregnant? I do, but we might create an Elephant Man.

Defeffal interferes with Dylan (the dog not the shithouse musician) in the worst possible ways. He does datcm with the beast and his child bride. Sulaiman couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery let alone stand up to deffo not a pufter Putin.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Spanish boat sails metres from Spanish shore.

The Costas will be brimming with patriotic fervour over this. SPanish waiters getting pelters from giant english folk on mobility scooters singing Rule Britannia.