Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bratfud Away

Steejay

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Bradford lad said:

How come every 6th / 7th user profile image has naked women in your website?

Either your Bolton girls are ugly or it's an improvement on your club logo

A supporter of a team with a fucking cock on the badge,  no matter how much you pretend it's a bantam, cannot poke fun at our club badge. 

On 06/03/2021 at 17:15, desperado said:

Crikey. I defended you the other week for your wildly negative posts, I won’t bother next time. How you can claim IE doesn’t have a clue after our recent attacking, winning performances is utterly mindless.

They were extremely lucky to get that point today. 4 points off them this season, so bragging rights in our favour, they may make the playoffs but not convinced.

I agree. We played really well today a looked a class above them. As gutted as I am, a point today is no bad way of ending our winning run. We beat Cambridge on Tuesday and we’ll be well and truly back on track, which I expect us to do.

Despite having 3 points, undeservedly snatched from us, I hope you  had a decent afternoons entertainment. You enticed back in now @mickbrown?

I stick to my point desperado. Yesterday we were superb, the best performance I’ve seen from a Wanderers team for years but despite that we still didn’t challenge their keeper and it’s a recurring theme. Evatt seems to think that just changing personnel but keeping the same system will work but it isn’t. We can’t sign anybody until the summer but we could consider trying something different up front. Doyle isn’t a target man, he admits that himself he’s more an inside forward, so why don’t we try someone else up top with him, maybe Arthur or Dapo who are stronger and more direct. Evatt has done a superb job with defence, midfield and the team generally but being a defender, maybe he just needs some help with coaching the forwards. How can it not help, the top clubs do it.

15 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Fucking pot kettle, when I worked overseas the Leeds Bradford flight landed, it was like checking in the walking dead.

Fucking hell, haha, that would be Yeadon Airport your talking, another place with plenty of Leeds based Bradford fans. 

Obviously you even prefer flying from Yorkshire instead of Lancashire/ Manchester airport haha. 

3 hours ago, Bradford lad said:

Fucking hell, haha, that would be Yeadon Airport your talking, another place with plenty of Leeds based Bradford fans. 

Obviously you even prefer flying from Yorkshire instead of Lancashire/ Manchester airport haha. 

I prefer LBA to MAN, but it means nothing.
I don't like scousers but I'd rather use Liverpool Airport over Manchester too.

3 hours ago, Bradford lad said:

Has he gone now. He'll appear on Newportways any time now ready for tomorrow's game.

6 hours ago, Bradford lad said:

it is actually Leeds Bradford airport, which is in Yeadon, this is 7 miles from centre of Bradford and the vast majority round there support Leeds. It is part of Leeds but very much where Bradford people go when they have 'made it'. Some lovely houses round there, especially in the 'Ruffords' or if you pop over to Guiseley there is always Tranmere Park, but why anyone would want to live somewhere called that I have no idea.

53 minutes ago, Ani said:

it is actually Leeds Bradford airport, which is in Yeadon, this is 7 miles from centre of Bradford and the vast majority round there support Leeds. It is part of Leeds but very much where Bradford people go when they have 'made it'. Some lovely houses round there, especially in the 'Ruffords' or if you pop over to Guiseley there is always Tranmere Park, but why anyone would want to live somewhere called that I have no idea.

Gosh, I'm trying to give a shite but simply can't & I lived in Leeds once upon a time.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

As Evatt said today, if Doyle put all his chances in the back of the net, he wouldn't be playing in League 2.

Slightly bizarre statement from Evatt to be honest . Since Doyle dropped down to League 2  he's scored 38 goals in only 63 games . 

Edited by dusan nikolic

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Slightly bizarre statement from Evatt to be honest . Since Doyle dropped down to League 2  he's scored 38 goals in only 63 games . 

He was addressing the criticism Doyle is getting from some Bolton fans. It was clearly tongue-in-cheek.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

I probably had to hear it rather than read it .

I haven't actually heard it either. I read it in this interview:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ian-evatt-bolton-cambridge-preview-19992748

Some people have probably made a bigger deal than they ought to have about Eoin Doyle missing a header on Saturday and making calls for Shaun Miller to replace him. What's your view?

"I have every faith and confidence that Eoin Doyle will score goals and take chances in any situation. He is allowed to miss.

"If he scored every every chance he got then he certainly wouldn't be playing in League Two for Bolton Wanderers.

"So give him a break. He is allowed to miss. He will score big goals between now and the end of the season."

Edited by Cheese