Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

11 minutes ago, Traf said:

Can you or anyone else on here explain what ‘far right’ means? 
If someone can classify a group of people so quickly is it not unreasonable to suggest that other people might classify pro Palestine protesters as terrorist sympathisers?

2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

If someone can classify a group of people so quickly is it not unreasonable to suggest that other people might classify pro Palestine protesters as terrorist sympathisers?

White and sing England songs by the sounds of it 

• Members
8 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Isn't it similar with leftie or woke?

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

White and sing England songs by the sounds of it 

I looked at the SKY app around 10.30 am and it said Far Right counter protesters were causing problems in London. Maybe SKY have some undercover guys or gals or people of no specific gender undercover in these extreme groups. Who knows. 

5 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Isn't it similar with leftie or woke?

We’ve already established that it’s an insult. So no. People are happy to be left and even woke. It’s a lazy dig used by people who are unable to discuss or debate in an adult and mature way. Hope that helps.👍

4 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

I looked at the SKY app around 10.30 am and it said Far Right counter protesters were causing problems in London. Maybe SKY have some undercover guys or gals or people of no specific gender undercover in these extreme groups. Who knows. 

Throwing missiles at the police

Singing ‘you’re not English’ at the police.

Charging at the police.

Trying to target the rally. Rather than defend the Cenotaph like they said 👍

Lovely people 🇬🇧

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

Throwing missiles at the police

Singing ‘you’re not English’ at the police.

Charging at the police.

Trying to target the rally. Rather than defend the Cenotaph like they said 👍

Lovely people 🇬🇧

A couple of those points could be used to describe the pro Palestine marches. Nobody labelled those far right

57 minutes ago, royal white said:

So it was pointless then. Thought as much 

Of course it was 😂

Not that I want to shit on your revelation that it was though. Good star for you 🌟

I think if we knew this protest would have ended a war then we’d have all been there😂

Edited by London Wanderer

• Members
2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

We’ve already established that it’s an insult. So no. People are happy to be left and even woke. It’s a lazy dig used by people who are unable to discuss or debate in an adult and mature way. Hope that helps.👍

No define what woke actually means rather than a toss away term to someone who doesn't agree with you 

1 minute ago, royal white said:

A couple of those points could be used to describe the pro Palestine marches. Nobody labelled those far right

What were the arrest differences from each side today?

Night still young though I guess.

From the panic attacks we saw on here last week I was expecting a full scale riot from this so called Hate March. Who would have thought that the Met’s intelligence was right after all🤯

You make a very good point though. I guess the political beliefs are very different, though their methods of getting their points across are the same.

1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

Only 300,000 then. Not the 1 million and nowhere near the 1.5 million for the stop the war protest in 2003. Think we can all move on now then. 

Tell you what 

Most had FLAGS 

if id have Known weeks ago they wanted Flags 

I could have been Knocking Millions out 

some Fucker is on to a Winner with them 

5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Not at all, I didn't say that. But the folks clashing with police at the cenotaph weren't lefty tofu eating wokeraty either.

Why were they clashing? From what I saw, they wanted to go to the Cenotaph. Is that a crime? Happy to be corrected as usual of course. 

6 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

What were the arrest differences from each side today?

Night still young though I guess.

From the panic attacks we saw on here last week I was expecting a full scale riot from this so called Hate March. Who would have thought that the Met’s intelligence was right after all🤯

You make a very good point though. I guess the political beliefs are very different, though their methods of getting their points across are the same.

And there’s that 2 tier policing that the HS mentioned 

Back in central London and we’ve followed another group of protesters who are pacing back along the route towards Victoria Station. 

It’s a much younger crowd in this part, but still in full voice chanting and blasting music out of a sound system - I can hear a rendition of Imagine by John Lennon. Fireworks have been let off from a canon into the night sky. 

The crowd are flanked by police either side and backed up by a dozen or so police vans following in formations of three. 

Noticeably many more people here have their faces covered, but much like the protest as a whole they remain peaceful.

From a BBC reporter there all day. Singing John Lennon 😂 Those backing Suella’s meltdown last week are looking like absolute tits this evening.

Time to move on now and focus on tomorrow’s remembrances. Should be a special day.

• Members
7 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

No define what woke actually means rather than a toss away term to someone who doesn't agree with you 

The trouble is it now means different things to different people

It's modern usage began as a signifier for support for quite radical left-wing political policies but has over time been misused by people who's interaction with politics rarely extends beyond surface level

Most people who identify themselves as woke probably aren't, and neither are most people who have the word used against them pejoratively