Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Best Ever Bolton Graffiti.

leigh white

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Not Bolton but there was a fine bit of graffiti on the car park wall of Wigan college car park that simply stated, "FUCK THE ARGIES!"

The fact it was still in fine fettle nearly 20 years later when I was there is testament to the quality of the paint.

Paint with lead in was built to last.

Modern shit, being made of water and turmeric with all its EU safety guidelines is dead rubbish.

24 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Not Bolton but there was a fine bit of graffiti on the car park wall of Wigan college car park that simply stated, "FUCK THE ARGIES!"

The fact it was still in fine fettle nearly 20 years later when I was there is testament to the quality of the paint.

Saw Fulham Fc on a wall at the side of a cinema in faded paint in Barrow, never played each other since 1969.

Got pissed on a Friday night in the Blooming Rose in Leeds when living there as a student (1977?) .

Painted BWFC all over the wall outside in marker paint when I got back.

Coppers stood and watched me clean it all up until about five in the morning... they figured out who did it by following the yellow footprints into my flat..

Fair does.

1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

Probably W&J Leighs paint from Kestor Street

I remember a woman’s story in the letters page in the BEN.  She had been travelling through a desert and spotted a building, she went over to buy something thinking it was shop and it was just a empty hut and inside someone had painted BWFC on one of the walls.  She said she wasn’t into football but got homesick seeing it.   Made me giggle at the time as we wasn’t doing very well about 1983ish.

19 hours ago, Spider said:

Paint with lead in was built to last.

Modern shit, being made of water and turmeric with all its EU safety guidelines is dead rubbish.

Leigh Paints do some long-lasting stuff

5 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Leigh Paints do some long-lasting stuff

I worked off shore in the 80s... their stuff was always the best on the accommodation modules... if you need your window frames painting once every 30 years in the middle of the North Sea they used to be  the guys to go to... now owned by Sherwin Williams and their stuff is crap

• Site Supporter
23 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I remember a woman’s story in the letters page in the BEN.  She had been travelling through a desert and spotted a building, she went over to buy something thinking it was shop and it was just a empty hut and inside someone had painted BWFC on one of the walls.  She said she wasn’t into football but got homesick seeing it.   Made me giggle at the time as we wasn’t doing very well about 1983ish.

There was a similar one about one of the pyramids iirc. Scratched into the stone.

Old Tut was a visionary.