Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership

radcliffe white

37 minutes ago, Rudy said:

My owd fella messaged me at 12:30 seeing if I could get him a ticket for stockport

Logged in.

As I’d already ordered tickets this confused the system

So told my dad he’d have to sign up and do it himself which he was happy to do for him 

So he signs up, goes to buy tickets gets told he can’t buy them, wasn’t available to him.

Rings up the ticket office told quite abruptly there is nothing they can do even though he had Just got a membership. 

Wanderers just lost out on £20, which in the grand scheme of things isn’t a big deal but in the long term it’s extremely poor 

At first I didn’t see an issue but @Spider says I’m allowed to change my mind so I am. 

BWFC fuckin sort it out. Utterly ridiculous 

Someone flag this up to the club on social media or something 

I had similar with my Dad. He asked me to get him a ticket at about 2.00, so I registered him as a member only to receive the same message your Dad got. I tried to ring the ticket office to see if they could sort it but they'd shut at 1.30 so it just rang out.

Not good enough.

3 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Is there supposed to be a point to the membership scheme because so far I’m genuinely not sure what the point of it is?

Do we still have suspended points deductions hanging over us. The club seem very keen to ensure nothing is thrown onto the pitch. There were two or three anouncments over the tannoy today asking people not to.

If the match had to be suspended or abandoned and we still have suspended points deductions hanging over us I can imagine that would activate it.

I'm just wondering if the membership scheme is something the club has brought in, or been asked to bring in, to mitigate or prevent any punishment.

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Do we still have suspended points deductions hanging over us. The club seem very keen to ensure nothing is thrown onto the pitch. There were two or three anouncments over the tannoy today asking people not to.

If the match had to be suspended or abandoned and we still have suspended points deductions hanging over us I can imagine that would activate it.

I'm just wondering if the membership scheme is something the club has brought in, or been asked to bring in, to mitigate or prevent any punishment.

But the membership scheme doesn’t prevent crowd trouble as it looks like a banger was thrown onto the field by the away fans and if Wigan is being used, why did the Wigan players purposely celebrate in front of our fans in ESL rather than their own full end. I’m all for extra security but this smacks of double standards unless all clubs are required to do it and they’re not. If the club has been forced into it they should say so, at least then we’d know.

2 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

But the membership scheme doesn’t prevent crowd trouble as it looks like a banger was thrown onto the field by the away fans and if Wigan is being used, why did the Wigan players purposely celebrate in front of our fans in ESL rather than their own full end. I’m all for extra security but this smacks of double standards unless all clubs are required to do it and they’re not. If the club has been forced into it they should say so, at least then we’d know.

It doesn't prevent it (nothing can) but if we can demonstrate we can quickly identify and punish the culprits it might be enough to prevent the club itself being punished.

6 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I ordered a ticket online even though I knew I wasn't going just to see if I could. Nothing turned up by post, or online so I rang the ticket office and their advice was 'keep looking at your emails'.

Nothing has arrived even now, at 1:25 on match day. It's a good job there's not going to be a 20,000 crowd on, and I only paid a fiver.

I only ordered one on line to see what all the trouble was about, as  I usually just go up there if I need to.

Are these teething troubles due to the new membership scheme, or have I ballsed it up, or what ?

I stick to my comments above mind.

Probably in your junk mail. Best place for it after today. 

Can't believe no one is picking up on what this is possibly all about . You can here the government speak in the wording " mandatory " " keeping people safe". We've heard all this for the last 18 months , imo this is being rolled out to coincide with the nazi government vaccine passport, get everyone signed up and then put a big red cross next to the non vaccinated punter . I hope I'm wrong but this stinks of van tam and his cronies. 

5 minutes ago, darrener said:

Can't believe no one is picking up on what this is possibly all about . You can here the government speak in the wording " mandatory " " keeping people safe". We've heard all this for the last 18 months , imo this is being rolled out to coincide with the nazi government vaccine passport, get everyone signed up and then put a big red cross next to the non vaccinated punter . I hope I'm wrong but this stinks of van tam and his cronies. 

Think you’re reading ever so slightly too deeply in to it tbh

12 minutes ago, darrener said:

Is a membership scheme being introduced at every sporting institution in the country? Or is Bolton Wanderers just a test subject for it?

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, darrener said:

There is no vaccine passport.

Maybe a shortage of tinfoil though.

6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

If they wanted to introduce a vaccine passport then they already would have done so - Ipswich (and indeed >10k crowds in Scotland) are prime enough examples of that. 

They already have the passport in Scotland and Wales 

21 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Is a membership scheme being introduced at every sporting institution in the country? Or is Bolton Wanderers just a test subject for it?

I think we were the first to get rid of betting in the stadium a few weeks back, maybe we are the test subject for that has well. Maybe a alcohol ban next 

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Why didn't they just sign him up as a member there and then?

Don't the kids have to have an email address to be granted the privilege of membership?  I don't know, just going off what I've read.  Is it the case that only kids with email addresses can come to the game?

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, darrener said:

I think we were the first to get rid of betting in the stadium a few weeks back, maybe we are the test subject for that has well. Maybe a alcohol ban next 

Might be for the best with you

10 minutes ago, darrener said:

I think it's more a reflection on the values of our owners (whether you agree with them or not is another issue) rather than a component of a wider government plot to further subjugate the sheeple.

52 minutes ago, darrener said:

Frustrated World Cup GIF

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, darrener said:

Boston United fans ?

Do they have that sort of sway ?

4 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh that’s the deal, once you’re a ST holder or a member it’s a piece of piss.

Funny enough i also lived in Smithills back then, we used to leave the Ainsworth arms at 2.45, drive to the ground, park at BOC car showroom for free and still be in the ground before the players ran out - then after the game we’d be back in the boozer by 5.05 - Those were the days, life was less of a faff.

Right , mists of time and all that, but under 15 minutes from Ainsworth to park and get the game would be impressive. 
What age are you btw ? My dad and his mates were regulars in there for years.