Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership

radcliffe white

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Got a feeling the club had no choice after the Wigan game.

Yep, that's definitely expedited it.

If anyone really wants to vent their anger at someone for this membership scheme being rushed through look no further than the ESL mongos.

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Yep, that's definitely expedited it.

If anyone really wants to vent their anger at someone for this membership scheme being rushed through look no further than the ESL mongos.

Not sure we can blame the ESL mongos for it not being properly explained to the masses and, it appears, not working consistently. Blame lies with the club, a rare misstep under our new owners but a misstep none the less.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Have you got 2 client references or just the one. I’ve 2 season tickets but just one client reference. 

Thats the problem - but cant blame that on membership scheme as its always caused issues

Email ticket office - give then CRN and both seat numbers and they will sort it

1 hour ago, Big E said:

Just signed up to the membership. Took 1 minute. Assigned the necessary CRN. 

people need to chill out and just do it

I think us lot on here and regular fans will do, no problem.  Its the other issues like not being able to get a child seat if they haven't got an email address (I'm just quoting, I haven't tried) and the fact that people who don't really care whether they go or don't, just won't bother.  The irony is they probably won't give it a second thought, they just won't go, but those of us that care about the club will be frustrated that crowds will inevitably be effected, whether by 0.1% or by 20%, who knows.

Its also bad PR, its going to wind up some fans and turn them against the club, rightly or wrongly.  

46 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The ticket office just emailed me it’s because we have only one client reference number, any how my mate just bought me and lad a ticket at the ticket office so all is good. Thx to those who tried to assist me. 

id have got you a couple if you wanted pal 

I’m not doing it till they explain why? 

I also don’t want to be a member Amazon prime or Morrison’s Clubcard so I don’t. 

That bit I’m not massively arsed with as they have my fucking details already. It’s signing up others to get them a ticket and faffing about that I have the issue with.

Also sanitising crowds isn’t for me if not well earned.

13 hours ago, tomski said:

I’m not doing it till they explain why? 

I also don’t want to be a member Amazon prime or Morrison’s Clubcard so I don’t. 

That bit I’m not massively arsed with as they have my fucking details already. It’s signing up others to get them a ticket and faffing about that I have the issue with.

Also sanitising crowds isn’t for me if not well earned.

Ditto, same here.

Totally agree with your points.

An awfully executed campaign, which unfortunately has coincided with a poor run on the pitch also.

We need clarity on the reasons why.

Its hardly the bloody 80’s with a couple of plastic cups being thrown for Gods sake. 

IMO it’s control, pure and simple.

Further sanitising an already subdued match day experience.

Edited by captainmed

On 01/11/2021 at 08:43, Traf said:

Got a feeling the club had no choice after the Wigan game.

This is only forced on clubs that have a serious problem with yobboes. Like Millwall whose fans were throwing fireworks at and fighting with the police  every other game.

15 plastic bottles thrown on the pitch once  isn't having a serious problem with yobboes

Probably for next season this one, but if they need the details of everyone that attends a game, will it be part of the conditions of buying a S/T that you don't pass it to somebody else without informing the club who it is?  That's a potential game changer for many, I've lost count of the number of people, not necessarily BW fans, that have borrowed my step daughter's ST over the years and most wouldn't have a membership.

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

This is only forced on clubs that have a serious problem with yobboes. Like Millwall whose fans were throwing fireworks at and fighting with the police  every other game.

15 plastic bottles thrown on the pitch once  isn't having a serious problem with yobboes

Cheers Shannon 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, tomski said:

He’s suggesting it’s her alleged behaviour that has brought the new situation in.

Folk have acted like twats at matches since Noah was a kid. Nobody introduced membership schemes. I think we once got Sir Nat Lofthouse on the pitch asking folk not to act like twats. Many still did.

8 hours ago, MickyD said:

Folk have acted like twats at matches since Noah was a kid. Nobody introduced membership schemes. I think we once got Sir Nat Lofthouse on the pitch asking folk not to act like twats. Many still did.

I completely agree

• Members

Hopefully not but it’ll be a poor excuse not to get to the game on Sunday hiding behind this as a reason.

No problem sorting out transport, meeting places , hotels for an away game at the arse end of nowhere

2 minute jobby to get a membership number

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg