Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership

radcliffe white

1 minute ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

If you're a ST Holder you don't have to be a member, not even next season 

Not true. You are automatically enrolled next season upon renewal of your season ticket

Edited by Gonk

1 minute ago, Gonk said:

Not true. You are automatically enrolled next season upon renewal of your season ticket

Please note season ticket holders do not need to sign up to membership this season. However, all supporters who renew or purchase new season tickets for the upcoming 2022/23 season will be auto-enrolled as Official Club Members. 

I stand slightly corrected, what I should have said is you don't have to sign up

• Members
21 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Its not a poor excuse, the fact is that some people just don't agree and / or don't want to sign up to this membership scheme regardless of how long it takes to sign up & it will affect attendances.

But why? What’s the big song and dance?

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'd just like to know why it's been brought in. As it's compulsory, I think it's reasonable to expect an explanation.

To be fair the very first post in this thread links to the official statement where it says 

"club membership will help Wanderers identify and communicate better with their fanbase and, in turn, maximise safety in the stadium on a match day." 

Dunno about communication but it seems quite clear to me they think it will prevent repeat instances of what happened v Wigan by potentially knowing exactly who is sat where 

I've not bothered signing up because as an ST I don't need to, they know where i sit and I'll automatically become a member next season and i won't notice the difference

There is no song & dance at all, for me its 2 things. The 1st is the controlling, big brother aspect which others may be ok with but personally I'm not, the 2nd is having to sign up floating / casual fans who come to games with me 3 or 4 times a season (some are not even BWFC fans) but like coming to the odd game against the top teams. The club already have my full contact details as a ST holder and therefore can trace any tickets that I purchase back to me. 

IMO its just another step towards a sit still, happy clapping, don't swear, be grateful we have let you have a ticket sanitised match day experience - like watching tennis, football has always been a passionate game and I just feel that this is un necessary, to the extent that I won't renew my ST next season if I'm automatically enrolled & need to sign up the casual / floating fans who come to some games with me. Fans every move inside the ground are already very closely monitored by the numerous CCTV cameras & match day security. It may ok for most but not for me I just feel that its a step to far and totally un necessary.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Not for me personally as I won't be signing up or signing anyone else up, therefore process wise I won't know how easy it is. Its personal choice is it not ?

Always a personal choice to watch your team.

Don’t want to sign up then don’t watch us, dems the rules.

FV own the club , this is their decision, a few years ago we had a fat tanned cunt in charge and put us on the brink of going under. 

I’m grateful we even have a club and I’ll watch them until I physically can’t. Giving them my details that they already have and have had for the best part of 30 years isn’t going to stop me. 

But you crack on luv x

End of the day bolton is a shitty northern town with lads (yes can be dicks like any other fans) but that’s in the club make up similar to Burnley for example if the powers that be think it will turn into a Fulham type club then simply won’t happen 

pay on the gate is great for those who have other commitments and in some cases some of our biggest followings have been POG, yes it’s a simple process to sign up & order tickets but for some they like they flexibility also many lads I know are so busy at home have shitty weeks at work etc to worry about it

For me this has been started by GMP for many years various police forces have had a hard on for us so the club is being leaned on IMO 

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

End of the day bolton is a shitty northern town with lads (yes can be dicks like any other fans) but that’s in the club make up similar to Burnley for example if the powers that be think it will turn into a Fulham type club then simply won’t happen 

pay on the gate is great for those who have other commitments and in some cases some of our biggest followings have been POG, yes it’s a simple process to sign up & order tickets but for some they like they flexibility also many lads I know are so busy at home have shitty weeks at work etc to worry about it

For me this has been started by GMP for many years various police forces have had a hard on for us so the club is being leaned on IMO 

Are other clubs being made to do the same 🤷🏻‍♀️

This is a Bolton thing IMO

• Members
23 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Ive said it before it won’t just be the club, it’ll be GMP and FA. After the summer they don’t want any trouble in grounds. And if there is then they’ll make sure preventative measures are put in place.

We want the 2030 WC after the summer we should have walked it but after the trouble at the Euros we now have work to do. 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Ive said it before it won’t just be the club, it’ll be GMP and FA. After the summer they don’t want any trouble in grounds. And if there is then they’ll make sure preventative measures are put in place.

We want the 2030 WC after the summer we should have walked it but after the trouble at the Euros we now have work to do. 

Yep absolutely GMP,  maybe a little to do with WC but like I’ve mentioned the polices attitude and behaviour to bolton has been on top going back years 

• Members
13 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Yep absolutely GMP,  maybe a little to do with WC but like I’ve mentioned the polices attitude and behaviour to bolton has been on top going back years 

Without a doubt. You’ve seen it yourself surely, get off a train at an away ground, walking towards them with their camcorders out on us, same in the ground. More OB at our away games than at the euros 

2 hours ago, Zico said:

To be fair the very first post in this thread links to the official statement where it says 

"club membership will help Wanderers identify and communicate better with their fanbase and, in turn, maximise safety in the stadium on a match day." 

Dunno about communication but it seems quite clear to me they think it will prevent repeat instances of what happened v Wigan by potentially knowing exactly who is sat where 

I've not bothered signing up because as an ST I don't need to, they know where i sit and I'll automatically become a member next season and i won't notice the difference

I read that but it's pretty much a non-explanation. If they want to better communicate to supporters then that's one thing, but why make it mandatory in order to purchase a ticket?

If it's to "maximise safety" then give me details on how. If it's a reaction to what happened a couple of weeks ago and isn't enforced or strongly recommended by GMP then it seems to me to be an overreaction and I can see why people don't like it.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I read that but it's pretty much a non-explanation. If they want to better communicate to supporters then that's one thing, but why make it mandatory in order to purchase a ticket?

If it's to "maximise safety" then give me details on how. If it's a reaction to what happened a couple of weeks ago and isn't enforced or strongly recommended by GMP then it seems to me to be an overreaction and I can see why people don't like it.

Aye, I can see why some won't either 

Again, it's pretty clear to me from what they say that it's an out with lout campaign  

*We also want to make sure match day feels safe and welcoming for our fans who are there to embrace match day for all the right reasons." 

No further explanation necessary for me given the timing of it

28 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye, I can see why some won't either 

Again, it's pretty clear to me from what they say that it's an out with lout campaign  

*We also want to make sure match day feels safe and welcoming for our fans who are there to embrace match day for all the right reasons." 

No further explanation necessary for me given the timing of it

I think the best thing would just be to have somethng like this in place for matches where trouble is expected only.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Rudy said:

Hopefully not but it’ll be a poor excuse not to get to the game on Sunday hiding behind this as a reason.

No problem sorting out transport, meeting places , hotels for an away game at the arse end of nowhere

2 minute jobby to get a membership number

Is it an excuse?

I've  said previously, I tried to get 4 tickets for Sunday, me and the lad who have ST's and Our Peg and the youngest.

It wouldn't let me.  They have my details already.  It said I needed to sign up Our Peg and my 3 year old as members and in all honesty......  I just couldn't be arsed with the faffing.

Al Qaeda TV won this particular battle.  Would I try harder if it was a little more glamerous...  I'd imagine so.

Unfortunately, its a  1st round FA cup game, on a Sunday with no transport so it was extremely easy to go from 4 tickets and 40/60 quid in the ground to watching it in my front room with some beers.

• Members
12 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Is it an excuse?

I've  said previously, I tried to get 4 tickets for Sunday, me and the lad who have ST's and Our Peg and the youngest.

It wouldn't let me.  They have my details already.  It said I needed to sign up Our Peg and my 3 year old as members and in all honesty......  I just couldn't be arsed with the faffing.

Al Qaeda TV won this particular battle.  Would I try harder if it was a little more glamerous...  I'd imagine so.

Unfortunately, its a  1st round FA cup game, on a Sunday with no transport so it was extremely easy to go from 4 tickets and 40/60 quid in the ground to watching it in my front room with some beers.

It is that bit in bold that has irked me , imo ST holders should be able to to buy their young kids /grandkids a ticket attached to theirs automaticaly .

• Site Supporter

Surely this is a precursor for any punitive measures put in by EFL. If, during any hearing, the club can show the kangaroo court we have started implementing measures to ensure no repeat behaviour. It should attract a slightly more lenient punishment.

Edited by MickyD
bbcode shit

• Members
5 hours ago, barryk32 said:

Is it an excuse?

Apparently not 😂

23 hours ago, Black Sheep said:

There is no song & dance at all, for me its 2 things. The 1st is the controlling, big brother aspect which others may be ok with but personally I'm not, the 2nd is having to sign up floating / casual fans who come to games with me 3 or 4 times a season (some are not even BWFC fans) but like coming to the odd game against the top teams. The club already have my full contact details as a ST holder and therefore can trace any tickets that I purchase back to me. 

IMO its just another step towards a sit still, happy clapping, don't swear, be grateful we have let you have a ticket sanitised match day experience - like watching tennis, football has always been a passionate game and I just feel that this is un necessary, to the extent that I won't renew my ST next season if I'm automatically enrolled & need to sign up the casual / floating fans who come to some games with me. Fans every move inside the ground are already very closely monitored by the numerous CCTV cameras & match day security. It may ok for most but not for me I just feel that its a step to far and totally un necessary.

This.

Good post and exactly my thoughts.

We are hardly in “Operation Gamma” days.

It will be very interesting to see the non ST support for our 4 pre Xmas league home games.

All are against unattractive opposition, 2 are mid-week, and there will be minimal travelling support. In addition money is always tight pre-Xmas.

Its already looking like the home support on Sunday will be pitiful.

The club need to issue some form of statement re clarification of this membership announcement and soon in my opinion.

Timing and execution simply could not have been worse….