Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership

radcliffe white

Not a Bolton fan but was looking to go to todays game last minute. 

40 minute drive, so signed up at 2. Still no access to tickets as membership doesn’t seem to have been updated to be active despite being logged in. 

£10 lost for BWFC and I’ll have to find something else to do. 

Edited by BMB

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Is there supposed to be a point to the membership scheme because so far I’m genuinely not sure what the point of it is?

Based on available evidence it's sole purpose appears to be to piss a good section of the fan base off with unnecessary faff.

Just signed up. Took less than 5 mins but then it was just me and not trying to sign any kids up as well

Doesnt bother me one bit but understand why it pisses some people off

for various reasons I’ve not been much over the last few years and when I have it’s often been relatively last minute. Can’t see this affecting that as I assume that I decide to go, buy the ticket, get it on my phone and rock up at the Unibol? Unless I’m missing something?

The duplication, as mentioned above, just seems a bit unnecessary. They’ve got all my info in my client ref from when I had an ST and which I’ve used to buy match tickets since I gave that up. 

54 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Technology is a faff full stop. Remember when you could just go to the ticket office and buy a ticket? Or even better, turn up on the day and pay at the gate.

Those were the days

In our third division days at Burnden, if my match was called off I could leave my house in Smithills at 2.45, pay on the door and be there for kick off.  Simpler times.

• Members

My owd fella messaged me at 12:30 seeing if I could get him a ticket for stockport

Logged in.

As I’d already ordered tickets this confused the system

So told my dad he’d have to sign up and do it himself which he was happy to do for him 

So he signs up, goes to buy tickets gets told he can’t buy them, wasn’t available to him.

Rings up the ticket office told quite abruptly there is nothing they can do even though he had Just got a membership. 

Wanderers just lost out on £20, which in the grand scheme of things isn’t a big deal but in the long term it’s extremely poor 

At first I didn’t see an issue but @Spider says I’m allowed to change my mind so I am. 

BWFC fuckin sort it out. Utterly ridiculous 

Someone flag this up to the club on social media or something 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

My owd fella messaged me at 12:30 seeing if I could get him a ticket for stockport

Logged in.

As I’d already ordered tickets this confused the system

So told my dad he’d have to sign up and do it himself which he was happy to do for him 

So he signs up, goes to buy tickets gets told he can’t buy them, wasn’t available to him.

Rings up the ticket office told quite abruptly there is nothing they can do even though he had Just got a membership. 

Wanderers just lost out on £20, which in the grand scheme of things isn’t a big deal but in the long term it’s extremely poor 

At first I didn’t see an issue but @Spider says I’m allowed to change my mind so I am. 

BWFC fuckin sort it out. Utterly ridiculous 

Someone flag this up to the club on social media or something 

This is shit. Someone else suffered the same earlier in the thread. Technology is supposed to make things easy. If you've signed up, why the fuck can't it immediately let you buy one?

Or are GMP going through the list beforehand?

• Members
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This is shit. Someone else suffered the same earlier in the thread. Technology is supposed to make things easy. If you've signed up, why the fuck can't it immediately let you buy one?

Or are GMP going through the list beforehand?

She said it takes time for the membership to filter through until it does nothing can be done. Farcical. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Rudy said:

She said it takes time for the membership to filter through until it does nothing can be done. Farcical. 

Aye.

Filter through where exactly? Do electrons move particularly slowly on their computer systems?

Ffs, could fill a fucking form in at the office, get your ticket and they could enter the details for you later. Utter cack.

29 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Can’t see this affecting that as I assume that I decide to go, buy the ticket, get it on my phone and rock up at the Unibol? Unless I’m missing something?

Yeh that’s the deal, once you’re a ST holder or a member it’s a piece of piss.

14 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

In our third division days at Burnden, if my match was called off I could leave my house in Smithills at 2.45, pay on the door and be there for kick off.  Simpler times.

Funny enough i also lived in Smithills back then, we used to leave the Ainsworth arms at 2.45, drive to the ground, park at BOC car showroom for free and still be in the ground before the players ran out - then after the game we’d be back in the boozer by 5.05 - Those were the days, life was less of a faff.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

This is all going to keep boiling up then come to a head when the "big" away fixtures roll around after New Year and there's a rush for tickets. The Cup replay might be a good indicator of how all that will go.

I can understand the anger and confusion from the bloke l/h saw, not everyone will be well up or constantly on social media so it doesn't surprise me that some have no idea what's gone on.

12 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

This is all going to keep boiling up then come to a head when the "big" away fixtures roll around after New Year and there's a rush for tickets. The Cup replay might be a good indicator of how all that will go.

Unfortunately “big” away fixtures won’t be “big” if you are near the bottom.

I agree with you re Stockport though.