Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Yorkshire County Cricket Club

deane koontz

• Members
2 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

He claimed that British Asian representation in professional cricket since 2010 dropped nearly 40% and that England have missed out on "a hell of a lot of talent" because Asian and black cricketers have been subjected to racism.

This was a quote from his appearance today. (It’s from the BBC website) If you look at the England team today, how can it be more representative of our society? I have said previously, the England cricket team is the most diverse in world cricket. 

He hasn't claimed the national cricket team unrepresentative as far as I'm aware, just that the country has missed out on potential Asian and black talent due to declining participation levels (if the figures quoted are correct).

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

• Members
11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Sorry but IMO it is.
 My grandmother was born in Germany. She moved to England when she was <2 years old and lived there until she died at 77.  She was German not English. 

What about all those Germans who became Argentinians, they’re not German 

45 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Sorry but IMO it is.
 My grandmother was born in Germany. She moved to England when she was <2 years old and lived there until she died at 77.  She was German not English. 

I know nothing about your Granny's parents. But BJs parents were both English. Duel national, maybe. But English/British first. If a horse is born in a cowshed it doesn't make it a cow.

1 hour ago, Underpants said:

I know nothing about your Granny's parents. But BJs parents were both English. Duel national, maybe. But English/British first. If a horse is born in a cowshed it doesn't make it a cow.

No it’s a horse. But we are talking about humans and place of birth

and you know about my gran as I’ve just told you. And she was German. Dual Nationality as she got British citizenship but she was , German. That’s a fact. 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

What about all those Germans who became Argentinians, they’re not German 

If they were born in Germany they are German. They can be granted citizenship elsewhere. One thing that can’t be changed is place of birth. That is an utter boom factoid. It is impossible to change place of birth 

20 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No it’s a horse. But we are talking about humans and place of birth

and you know about my gran as I’ve just told you. And she was German. Dual Nationality as she got British citizenship but she was , German. That’s a fact. 

Just to be correct. I actually said I know nothing about your grans parents.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, DazBob said:

What nationality is someone born jn a British Military hospital jn Germany?

Aye 

A mate lived in france for a while with his other half (English), their daughter was born there, moved back before she was two 

There's not one bit of French in her 

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

If they were born in Germany they are German. They can be granted citizenship elsewhere. One thing that can’t be changed is place of birth. That is an utter boom factoid. It is impossible to change place of birth 

Be careful, you'll be upsetting someone, somewhere.

The right to identity as whatever you want to be nowadays. Blokes can be women etc. Male prisoners get themselves transferred to a women's prison for example. All fine.

Place of birth only a minor detail surely!💣

15 minutes ago, Sweep said:

or born at sea, in international waters? 

Would say at sea I presume?. They could then adopt the nationality of their parents but still would say at sea on the birth certificate I assume. So In reality they are just weird and at sea’ers.