Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Yorkshire County Cricket Club

deane koontz

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Oh do fuck off. Spider and CaptainMed were spot on. Cunts trawling back 10-30 years to find something which today is objectionable to try to ruin people is as low as you can get in my book. I don't give a fuck for YCC - they can crash and burn never to be seen again for all I care. Fuck all these crass motto's we are being bombarded with too  - for example "Stop hate' (good luck with that one, shall we stop envy, avarice and coveting another mans wife whilst we are at it?). Absolute bollocks because it is something primeval in the human race which will not be eliminated by some glib mantra from some nanny state social engineer seeking the warm glow of virtue in the eyes of others.

The biggest irony with you and your ilk is your haste to label others racist, fascist, nazi etc. Your sort - the legion of 'find something to be outraged about' wankers can't see that when you seek to control what people say, read or think, you are going down the exact path which leads to totalitarianism. That is exactly what the Nazi's and the Bolsheviks did - that ended well did it not?

Evelyn Beatrice Hall attributed the statement 'I might not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it' to Voltaire. Freedom of speech is quite possibly the most important pillar of democracy. The world might have to  ruefully acknowledge the veracity of this statement when it is all too late.

😂 Such a drama queen.

What exactly is it that you want to say, but feel you can't?

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Watch yourself again with your accusations unless you wish to say it face to face? I don't wish to listen to womens opinions on Premier league football & neither do I think men should be giving their 2 penneth on women's football. There's plenty of candidates that have played in their respective sports without shoe horning people in just to appear 'right on'. 

I won't take offence at your distasteful joke about a deceased person as I'm sure you will be suitably offended on my behalf. 

I've not made any accusations.

If you went up to a black person at work and said to them "You've only been employed here to tick a box", do you not think that would be racist?

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

If you went up to a black person at work and said to them "You've only been employed here to tick a box", do you not think that would be racist?

Is it fuck racist. 

If you work as a presenter on MOTD, (a show that has been mainly white men since it started) then not long after the BBC say they need to employ more BAME and women a load of women and BAME presenters start, it’s more of an accurate observation than a racist/sexist slur.  

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, royal white said:

It Won’t be Long before the arse bandit who’s just come out will be sat between Keane and Richards, then they will have all the boxes ticked. (I wonder if Jenas ticks that box)? 

Haha, arse bandit. I haven't heard that for years, must have been school or college at least.

• Members
27 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Haha, arse bandit. I haven't heard that for years, must have been school or college at least.

Said it in another thread when I first heard someone calling someone a bandit I didn’t know it meant, maybe I’ve watched too many Spaghetti westerns but I was like Bandits are well cool.

Who wouldn’t want to be a bandit. I’d love to be a bandit 

• Members
2 hours ago, royal white said:

Is it fuck racist. 

If you work as a presenter on MOTD, (a show that has been mainly white men since it started) then not long after the BBC say they need to employ more BAME and women a load of women and BAME presenters start, it’s more of an accurate observation than a racist/sexist slur.  

I don’t think a less qualified black person should get a job over a white person because they’re black

But if it’s a tie , fuck em 😂

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Cheese said:

You did, you just did it in your usual snide, sly manner. If a person gets a job because the employer is filling quotas rather than employing the best people for the job & I pointed this out I would be correct. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

You did, you just did it in your usual snide, sly manner. If a person gets a job because the employer is filling quotas rather than employing the best people for the job & I pointed this out I would be correct. 

Only if you had evidence to back that up.

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Only if you had evidence to back that up.

Would the BBC making an announcement that more BAME and women need to be employed then soon afterwards white men are replaced by BAME and women not count as evidence? 

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, royal white said:

Would the BBC making an announcement that more BAME and women need to be employed then soon afterwards white men are replaced by BAME and women not count as evidence? 

No. Which white men have been replaced by lesser qualified people?

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Said it in another thread when I first heard someone calling someone a bandit I didn’t know it meant, maybe I’ve watched too many Spaghetti westerns but I was like Bandits are well cool.

Who wouldn’t want to be a bandit. I’d love to be a bandit 

You are a bandit. HTH.

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

No. Which white men have been replaced by lesser qualified people?

I never mentioned lesser qualified, I mentioned BAME and women all of a sudden getting jobs after the BBC said they need to employ more. Seeing as though you’re obsessed with who qualifies, what is it you need to qualify? You would think someone who has played in the prem would be a good place to start, none of the women have. But you know that.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, royal white said:

I never mentioned lesser qualified, I mentioned BAME and women all of a sudden getting jobs after the BBC said they need to employ more. Seeing as though you’re obsessed with who qualifies, what is it you need to qualify? You would think someone who has played in the prem would be a good place to start, none of the women have. But you know that.

I don't know, which is why I'm not speculating that someone is underqualified and only got a job so their employers could "tick a box".

53 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I don't know, which is why I'm not speculating that someone is underqualified and only got a job so their employers could "tick a box".

You don’t have to speculate, when a company say they need to employ more BAME and women and all of a sudden they’re on a programme that never had women and only a few BAME Common sense should kick in, which kind of explains why you’re not getting it.

Lord Patel new chairman of YCCC has settled the claim with the player and apologised for how it was handled.

Not sure if the statement asked if they could have the Test Match back , hope they do get it back as it is a free day on the ale for me . 

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

That draw last night was like pulling teeth not one good personality between them just so wooden 

Unlike the good old days where the banter between Graham Kelly and Bert Millichip had us all in stitches.