Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge (H)

Rudy

The clap, I don't want to like it, yet I just can't help enjoying every bit of it.

As its been said, it's impressive when done right and done in moderation. 

If Evatt and the players are loving it then all the more reason to crack on as long as its reserved purely for when Dadi is coming on or has bagged.

The clap is great, stop moaning. Its good to have something a bit different than the odd generic chants every team sings every game.

Now just imagine 5,000 Wanderers fans doing the Viking clap in the away end after Jon Dadi Bod scores a 6th goal against the Pie eaters

Edited by Lostock Whites

Can understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea but after 10 years of home games and mainly just hearing an intermittent and at times half-hearted "wanderers, wanderers, wanderers", it's nice to hear something a little different. We're just a self conscious bunch us Englishmen.

But back to the football - another cracking performance. Genuinely don't think it's unrealistic to expect another 4/5 wins this month the way we're playing.

Edited by Mantra

6 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

I reckon Morley is quickly turning into one of my favourite players of ours since we left the Prem. Properly excellent, local lad, absolute little maestro and a bit of shithousery to boot. 

He'll go far that lad and hopefully with us.

He’s very very good, I can’t believe he’s only 21! Man of the match for me.

We look unreal, it’s a joy to watch, it could have been 5 in the first half, our recruitment is brilliant, the club is back on the up after a slight stumble, all is well in the world.

Oh and Santos is back to his best and Dapo is like a cheat player in this league in this form.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

3 sides of the ground singing tonight, atmosphere was excellent. 

Yep, folks were worried about a shit turnout and a library atmosphere, but the team and the fans are feeding off each other atm.

It’s fucking ace and can’t wait for the next game.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Cambridge fans were even joining in with the Icelandic thing at the end. Fair play to them.

They were trying a bit of irony, having started off with “What the fucking hell is that?”

By the way, having the drummer dictating the tempo is much better than every-man-for-himself.

Johnston was excellent again tonight, beginning to see why Wigan fans were so disappointed to miss out on him.

And in the interest of balance, whist I think Neil Hart is a massive cunt, Chris Markham & his team seem to have smashed it.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, jeep said:

Gambling on a works phone? 😁

13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Is that a crime? 

2 minutes ago, jeep said:

Probably not.

In law, probably not. In employment law, also probably not. In Human Resouces speak, almost certainly. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

just watched the highlights on sky sports.

They make it look like Cambridge were the better team, and we won against the run of play.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12530730/bolton-2-0-cambridge-league-one-highlights

Editor has to be a Cambridge fan.

Unbelievable that they didn’t show all our first half chances.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

They were trying a bit of irony, having started off with “What the fucking hell is that?”

By the way, having the drummer dictating the tempo is much better than every-man-for-himself.

Ah. Didn't hear a peep out of them from the opposite end of the stadium. Just saw them doing the clapping thing.

4 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

Oh and can we fuck off the “_____ get battered everywhere they go” chant? That’s worse than that clap for me 

Wasn’t a fan of the Greenwood sex offender chants tonight either coming from the ‘crazy corner’. No need IMO - stick to singing about BWFC