Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Takeaway Leftovers....

Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, MickyD said:

Yes, me too. It’s all a bit like this cross-contamination bollocks where someone said don’t chop bread where you previously chopped raw meat. Don’t put raw meat on the same fridge shelf  as cooked meats or salads (yet the fridge manufacturers put a salad shelf below the raw meat shelf!)

All this didn’t kill me when the bread board was the raw meat board before someone decided it was dangerous.

I would never cut bread on a raw meat board unless it was washed in between.

Cutting veg on the meat board if they're all being cooked immediately is different.

Common sense.

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

After further investigation this afternoon with a rag pudding, chips, gravy, a barm and a special, I can confirm that anyone who has leftovers from a chippy is an absolute monster. 

Fuckin' love a Rag Pudding, wonderful creation..... 👍

On 17/02/2022 at 16:05, bolton_blondie said:

I have lots of times and im still alive 🙄

Constitution of steel.

If you must eat it later. 

Make sure you put it in the fridge within 1 hr of getting it home.

Any rice left out for more than 2 hrs must be chucked in the bin.

Rice can be reheated ONCE but must be steaming hot .

Within 24hrs.

Love an after match Chinky !!

8 hours ago, jeep said:

Fuckin' love a Rag Pudding, wonderful creation..... 👍

Babbys Yed , in this neck of the woods .

Don't go all posh on us.

Not many places do the traditional ones now . Hollands are closet you get , but contain kidney as well as stewed beef steak. Instead of mince

8 minutes ago, embankment said:

Slap one on a barm.

Get stuck into it . But watch out for side spillage down your front .

Not had one since my teens from a chippy, think I had a frozen one at a mates ages ago (he cooked it), I mooched to the chippy for chips and peas as an aside dish, but no 'pea wet' we were not animals. We were human beings.

I might get one for my dinner now it's not a hurricane.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Everytime I go home I get a chippy tea with a babbys yed. Not a hope in hell you can get one down here. Curleys do a decent one, but Bennet's Lane is still the king. My Mrs who is a proper foodie doesn't know why these and Boltons wide range of glorious pasties haven't gone worldwide.

Also whilst your Southern chippy can do a decent bit of fish, no one has told people down here how to cook chips.

But they do a decent thing called a pea fritter which I've never seen back home.

Unfortunately my kids like a savaloy, much to my disgust. I think it must be something in the water being brought up down here.

Also, lucky Esco can get a battered haggis with sauce which is so good, got my Mrs to bring down a cold one when she was last up. Was still OK, but we're coming up this summer, can't wait to show the kids the delights of a Scottish chippy.

7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

What's a 'special'?

You are joking? I thought you grew up in the hovel of Halliwell - which has some cracking chippies. The scummier the area the better the chippies.

I know you and Sweep have since stole caravans and hairdresser's 4x4 to move down south since and embrace your 'traveller' roots.

Of course you know what a special is.

3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

You are joking? I thought you grew up in the hovel of Halliwell - which has some cracking chippies. The scummier the area the better the chippies.

I know you and Sweep have since stole caravans and hairdresser's 4x4 to move down south since and embrace your 'traveller' roots.

Of course you know what a special is.

Less of the Halliwell being a hovel thank you.