Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.


Burndens Bogs

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

They made a statement saying all playing and non playing staff had now been paid for last month that was on the 16 th May 

I was of the understanding out of contract players had not been paid but if they have then so be it . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

No they pay every 4th Friday - or not as the case may be - next wages due friday this week though

Not disputing with you at all ... though what I read was that May was a double pay month as they pay (or, as you say, don't) at 28 day intervals ... so one month has 2 pay days. 

But hey. Details.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like they're beginning to know their place:

Why not close the North and South stands and relocate those in the East over to the West allowing us to use the East for away supporters. ( Puts on tin hat and awaits incoming missiles) :tank::sorry:

South stand could be closed to cut costs. North stand will be needed for away fans. No real point putting them in East as there's only Bolton who would easily bring more than 5k (unless Derby are doing well when they visit the DW). Perhaps shut the back 10 rows of the stands instead of the front 10 to get the crowd nearer the pitch and create a noisier atmosphere.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JOGLER said:

Seems like they're beginning to know their place:

Why not close the North and South stands and relocate those in the East over to the West allowing us to use the East for away supporters. ( Puts on tin hat and awaits incoming missiles) :tank::sorry:

South stand could be closed to cut costs. North stand will be needed for away fans. No real point putting them in East as there's only Bolton who would easily bring more than 5k (unless Derby are doing well when they visit the DW). Perhaps shut the back 10 rows of the stands instead of the front 10 to get the crowd nearer the pitch and create a noisier atmosphere.

 

They’d be better moving to Leigh’s ground, least they’d half full that…. Just. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JOGLER said:

Seems like they're beginning to know their place:

Why not close the North and South stands and relocate those in the East over to the West allowing us to use the East for away supporters. ( Puts on tin hat and awaits incoming missiles) :tank::sorry:

South stand could be closed to cut costs. North stand will be needed for away fans. No real point putting them in East as there's only Bolton who would easily bring more than 5k (unless Derby are doing well when they visit the DW). Perhaps shut the back 10 rows of the stands instead of the front 10 to get the crowd nearer the pitch and create a noisier atmosphere.

 

Give home fans the North Stand, it still won't be full.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

Yes, Bob is his uncle, his dad is also on committee at Colls but is a red

I went to quite a few games with Bob (Robert in them days) in the mid to late 80s, had a mutual mate that lived on Hamilton St, who still goes to every home game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

Yes, Bob is his uncle, his dad is also on committee at Colls but is a red

Talking of Colls committee, I know the Norris family well too through my son being mates with Dave Norris's grandson, who a stand is named after.  All the family support Bolton also, his grandson comes to Unibol with us sometimes, but Colls take precedence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wullie said:

did the owners deposit the money eventually, as it wasn't just about paying players, they still have to deposit next months wages as proof?

 

They released a statement 6 days ago  after the 4 point deduction saying that they had shown the EFL proof of funds amounting to a 8 figure sum and that the delay was due to transferring it from abroad so they would be appealing against the 4 point deduction .
There as been no statement since that one by the club so no one knows if it’s been transferred for now . 
If it hasn’t would of thought they have run out of excuses for the EFL 

Edited by Farnywhite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 figure sum that was arriving “imminently” to fund the season has still not arrived a week later 

all staff did receive pay slips today however that was followed up with an email saying their money will not go in overnight but will be paid throughout the day…. 
 

suppose cash generator only opens at 9 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

8 figure sum that was arriving “imminently” to fund the season has still not arrived a week later 

all staff did receive pay slips today however that was followed up with an email saying their money will not go in overnight but will be paid throughout the day…. 
 

suppose cash generator only opens at 9 

Some of the players will be thinking carefully now.

Wait in the hope that things work out, and risk missing out on a reasonable move, or get out quick and put their name about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

8 figure sum that was arriving “imminently” to fund the season has still not arrived a week later 

all staff did receive pay slips today however that was followed up with an email saying their money will not go in overnight but will be paid throughout the day…. 
 

suppose cash generator only opens at 9 

Sounds like they will be scratching about all day paying it in drips and drabs . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it is not resolved tomorrow their various supporters groups have issued a letter basically saying they will be very angry.

 

They think their chairman is a very naughty boy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.