Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Turn back time

bolton_blondie

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Traf said:

8 hours yadda yadda, Traf quite rightly corrected MickyD’s post: Got to admit, I think I got it right; career-wise. There’s not much I can think of better than parking up on Bradshawgate and ogling all the young skirt.

That as well. Once spent about half an hour “filling up” the water tank but without opening the hydrant. I’ll tell you, a few tons of fire engine is a proper babe magnet.

About 10- 12 years ago business was doing shite and i was on my arse financially, i’d racked up well over £20k of debt on credit cards, i would borrow off one card to pay the minimum on  another card, i had about 6 credit cards and i didn’t know if i was coming or going half the time.

The thing is, i knew i had a bit of money coming my way & i’d be able to pay my debts off in one hit and get myself back on an even keel, i paid off all the cards in lump sums and it hurt like fuck at the time.

I dread to think how much interest i paid over a 3 or 4 year period.

These days if i’m doing ok i don’t go mental with the spending, but if business has a quiet spell i don’t beat myself up over it.

I don’t use credit cards anymore or have any other debts & life is much less complicated and less stressful.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

19 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

About 10- 12 years ago business was doing shite and i was on my arse financially, i’d racked up well over £20k of debt on credit cards, i would borrow off one card to pay the minimum on  another card, i had about 6 credit cards and i didn’t know if i was coming or going half the time.

The thing is, i knew i had a bit of money coming my way & i’d be able to pay my debts off in one hit and get myself back on an even keel, i paid off all the cards in lump sums and it hurt like fuck at the time.

I dread to think how much interest i paid over a 3 or 4 year period.

These days if i’m doing ok i don’t go mental with the spending, but if business has a quiet spell i don’t beat myself up over it.

I don’t use credit cards anymore or have any other debts & life is much less complicated and less stressful.

Nearly 40 year old, never had a credit card in my life. Hear mates sometimes going on about if you get one at X% then transfer it to anther with Y% then it works out at a good deal sort of chat, absolute Chinese language to me. Don't need the bother, I've already enough worries going on.  If I've ever wanted owt enough,  just saved for a bit then got it. Far more peaceful way to live I find.