Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In England

royal white

13 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Oh Jesus. They walk amongst us. I received a video via a group watsapp earlier of Churchill, lions, spitfires, poppies and bulldogs. This was from a grown adult. If I had the technical expertise I'd have sent one back of queues, carry on films, pork pies and 

They post amongst us...

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

It’s almost as bizarre as folk travelling down to protest about something thousands of miles away and thinking they mate have some influence on a peace agreement. 

Almost 

Agree. Both are throbbers 

20 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I don't! As I say I'm draping myself in a st George's Cross as we speak to join in with the Stella drinking and windmilling at the police like a true Englishman.

Celebrating what's best about our country.

I was thinking of flying to the southern tip of Spain to dress as a crusader for some reason.

• Members
23 minutes ago, anewman said:

Why do you all hate being English?

Isn't a saint a religious thing? Are you religious?

Also George who is regarded as Turkish never killed a dragon as they never really existed in that form 

What's to be English about?

8 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Also George who is regarded as Turkish never killed a dragon as they never really existed in that form 

Wash your mouth out. If it wasn't for St George, you'd be speaking Dragon now.

1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

Tommy Robinson is the name of a Luton football hooligan so sounds dead hard 

His real name of Yaxley-Lennon doesn't 

Ah. Well in that case from now on I’d like to be known as Mike Tyson. 

I drove through town earlier and there were quite a few out with their St George flags, not a copper is sight. It’s probably the theme up and down the country. It must just be those cockney wide boys/girls causing a bit of bovva. Kind of expect it from them. 

14 minutes ago, royal white said:

I drove through town earlier and there were quite a few out with their St George flags, not a copper is sight. It’s probably the theme up and down the country. It must just be those cockney wide boys/girls causing a bit of bovva. Kind of expect it from them. 

It's a load of people from the home counties I'd bet, saying London's gone to the dogs but their parents left the area long ago. 

I'm all for people if they want to have a knees up if they want to, culturally it's not a massive part of our calendar as a country, not sure it's ever been - but this hijacking of it to cause a bit of aggro isn't what I'd associate with being English.

Give me a last night of the Proms or Rochester Sweeps Festival and I'm there.

Sorry - here's the link:https://www.visitmedway.org/events/rochester-sweeps-festival-2024-79679/

been there a few years and its always good (they do have an odd bit of fortune telling though!)  

Edited by Not in Crawley

59 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Not sure how he could be Turkish when Turkey wasn’t even a place when St George was battling Dragons? 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, royal white said:

Not sure how he could be Turkish when Turkey wasn’t even a place when St George was battling Dragons? 

True, he was a Roman and the whole Dragon bullshit was made up about 500 years later.

Why the fuck grown men wear chainmail like crusaders is beyond me.

• Members
24 minutes ago, royal white said:

Which makes it all the more mystifying why anyone remotely links him to being an English saint 

Maybe not modern day Turkey by name but as land mass 

You could argue it was Greece but good luck with that one