Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Royal Race Row

little whitt

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Really, personally, I'd stop as you're making yourself look a bit silly now.

In simple terms -

Your suggested cause (wearing coloured laces) and effect (a rise in gay hate crime) 

Now can you see how one does not equal the other, and that your articles don't support that either? One would hope so.

6 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Just scroll back.

Nothing by you angel boy. 

Besides - I'm sure it was all just shits and giggles. 

Just I never heard you asking for the mods to intervene when abuse is aimed at the travelling community? 

Edited by royal white

14 minutes ago, royal white said:

Kick it out showed a decrease of 13% in the PL however a 14% in the EFL. 

Which by my maths would suggest an overall increase. 

Also the rise in grassroots reporting has massively increased which like I have said for an increase in reporting you need an increase in abuse. They go hand in hand.

Surprised to see a massive increase in an area like the West Midlands. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/revealed-explosion-racism-west-midlands-24829391.amp

Yes, you're looking at the same ones as me then if you're talking Kick it Out. 

They said overall an 8% decrease in reporting since 2019/20 season. It's all pretty marginal mate - and definitely not enough to argue that taking the knee is causing more racism like you say. 

Your other comment just doesn't add up. I know it's on a different topic, but this should explain it.

"There has been an 83% rise in domestic abuse-related crimes recorded in Wales over the past four years, official figures have shown. North Wales Police has seen the biggest rise, with 11,327 crimes recorded last year, up from 4,798 in 2015-16. The force said the rise was partly due to efficient crime recording and better promotion of victim support services".

Why can't the same be the case for football? The police and footballing leagues taking abuse more seriously so therefore more people feeling confident to report it? 

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Just I never heard you asking for the mods to intervene when abuse is aimed at the travelling community? 

I never asked the mods to intervene over anything - wouldn't that involve a direct message?

I just said I wonder if they will... only showing pure curiosity mate. 

who's been abusing the traveller community? 

• Site Supporter

Grown men though

All in a tizzy because a millionaire is ruining 4 seconds of their day by believing in something they don't.

Grown men. Acting, it has to be said, like oversensitive, flaky popinjays.

Grown men

Edited by Spider

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Not that I know best, its just you are using stats to back up a point they don't.

As I say, you've misunderstood the causality between your suggested cause (taking the knee) and the effect (a rise in racist incidents being reported)

Honestly, I'd drop this one as you stats don't say what you think they do.

No one has said players taking the knee has resulted a rise in racism in football. What I did was give you a time frame. Since players started taking the knee there’s been a rise. By all means you can add other reasons around that time that might be to blame. 

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

I never asked the mods to intervene over anything - wouldn't that involve a direct message?

I just said I wonder if they will... only showing pure curiosity mate. 

who's been abusing the traveller community? 

There’s plenty of examples on here going  back years. I’m sure if you want to put an end to racism, homophobia, hate crimes you will start by reporting these? 

Then again……

8 minutes ago, royal white said:

No one has said players taking the knee has resulted a rise in racism in football. What I did was give you a time frame. Since players started taking the knee there’s been a rise. By all means you can add other reasons around that time that might be to blame. 

And there I was thinking it was the Italian army who liked reversing, don't try and and backtrack now just because you've been shown your arse repeatedly.

If you want to carry on looking like bit of a boob, be my guest - you certainly don't need any further help from me to confuse yourself.

And....now we get the clown emoji 😘

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

And there I was thinking it was the Italian army who liked reversing, don't try and and backtrack now just because you've been shown your arse repeatedly.

If you want to carry on looking like bit of a boob, be my guest - you certainly don't need any further help from me to confuse yourself.

And....now we get the clown emoji 😘

You show me where I’ve backtracked. You can try and twist words all you like. All I have said is there’s been a rise in racism since the knee came in.

2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Wonder if the mods will do anything about the comment earlier? 

Was it the comment about ‘Darkies’?

Actually it’s been used a few times. Is that acceptable. In fact who gets to choose what is and isn’t acceptable?I I haven’t and have never used the term.

Edited by BobyBrno

4 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Was it the comment about ‘Darkies’?

Actually it’s been used a few times. Is that acceptable. In fact who gets to choose what is and isn’t acceptable?I I haven’t and have never used the term.

I think it was the “send the bugger back” one 

6 minutes ago, royal white said:

I think it was the “send the bugger back” one 

Yep. I guessed that. Playing devils advocate. Most people on here know who said it though and took it as a joke. I did. Ricky Gervais wouldn’t last a minute on here if it was up to some people. No names.

35 minutes ago, royal white said:

There’s plenty of examples on here going  back years. I’m sure if you want to put an end to racism, homophobia, hate crimes you will start by reporting these? 

Then again……

I'm not reporting anything mate. Never have on here and likely never will. It's hard to tell on a football forum, where you can't use tone, whether it's a joke or not. Especially as folk will know each other. I'll leave that to the mods to decide. 

Same goes for all the traveller stuff. So not sure what you're getting at to be honest? You seem to have it in your head I'm a moral crusader. Reality is I'm more up for people having another chance than them being cancelled. 

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I'm not reporting anything mate. Never have on here and likely never will. It's hard to tell on a football forum, where you can't use tone, whether it's a joke or not. Especially as folk will know each other. I'll leave that to the mods to decide. 

Same goes for all the traveller stuff. So not sure what you're getting at to be honest? You seem to have it in your head I'm a moral crusader. Reality is I'm more up for people having another chance than them being cancelled. 

Would you leave it to the police or stewards at the game? Racism/hate crime is here in this group, you seem keen to stamp it out so why not start here? Or is some racism ok? 

21 minutes ago, royal white said:

Would you leave it to the police or stewards at the game? Racism/hate crime is here in this group, you seem keen to stamp it out so why not start here? Or is some racism ok? 

Wanderersways hate crimes 😆? I'm lost as to what you're even rambling about now. You in a huff because you got all your stats muddled up earlier? 

Who's committed a hate crime on this group? 

If someone starts laying into someone with racist abuse, then yes it would be passed on to the mods. Nobody is going to do it over a joke. If you were at a game then yes you'd pass it on and leave them to it, giving a statement if needed. What would you do? 

Is that satisfactory for you? Can I watch the game now please? 

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Wanderersways hate crimes 😆? I'm lost as to what you're even rambling about now. You in a huff because you got all your stats muddled up earlier? 

Who's committed a hate crime on this group? 

If someone starts laying into someone with racist abuse, then yes it would be passed on to the mods. Nobody is going to do it over a joke. If you were at a game then yes you'd pass it on and leave them to it, giving a statement if needed. What would you do? 

Is that satisfactory for you? Can I watch the game now please? 

I’ve not got stats muddled up 😂😂 they’re up there 👆🏻 to see. 

There’s plenty on here who have abused the travelling community over the years. 

Glad that you now see racism and hate crimes as a joke! As I thought all along it’s just a bit of faux outrage from the usual few 👍

Enjoy the game 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Why? You think they’ll beat me up? 😂

Of course. High viz ninjas would be on you before you got near too. 

I reckon the players he detailed have the acumen to be able to listen to a polite, reasoned point. Even if they didn't necessarily agree with it.

They certainly don't need patronising individuals making assumptions about their capabilities or making inferences that they'd automatically resort to violence.

4 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ve not got stats muddled up 😂😂 they’re up there 👆🏻 to see. 

There’s plenty on here who have abused the travelling community over the years. 

Glad that you now see racism and hate crimes as a joke! As I thought all along it’s just a bit of faux outrage from the usual few 👍

Enjoy the game 

top tip - if you're gonna use the stats, make sure they prove the point you're trying to make. You were babbling and head scratching all over the place.

I'll be on the lookout for these traveller hate crimes you're talking of 👀

will do. 

Just now, London Wanderer said:

top tip - if you're gonna use the stats, make sure they prove the point you're trying to make. You were babbling and head scratching all over the place.

I'll be on the lookout for these traveller hate crimes you're talking of 👀

will do. 

Since the knee started racism has gone up in football. (Not saying the knee is to blame just giving a time frame) 

Knee started 2020 rise in racism in football 2021-2022 

Couldn’t be much clearer. 

Hope you didn’t miss the goal.

• Members
3 hours ago, royal white said:

Also the rise in grassroots reporting has massively increased which like I have said for an increase in reporting you need an increase in abuse. They go hand in hand.

An increase in reporting doesn't necessarily mean an increase in abuse. It just means more abuse is being reported.

Maybe the taking of the knee has got more people thinking that they shouldn't tolerate racist abuse like they used to. Or maybe not. Who knows.

You obviously have your own agenda though so crack on.

Edited by DazBob