Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Christmas Thread

gonzo

• Site Supporter

Wrapping done and dusted. An incredible record first for me. I'm usually up till 2/3AM Christmas morning, before getting my head jumped on at 5/6 because "Wake up! He's been!" - as I imagine most on here have experienced. I'm sure I'll miss it when it stops.

Edited by Cheese

23 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Wrapping done and dusted. An incredible record first for me. I'm usually up till 2/3AM Christmas morning, before getting my head jumped on at 5/6 because "Wake up! He's been!" - as I imagine most on here have experienced. I'm sure I'll miss it when it stops.

We've got our 8yr old grandson here for Xmas this year, so it'll be the first early start for a few years chez Traf.

It's also his 9th birthday, so double the fun for a couple of days before he flies back to Oz on Wednesday.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Traf said:

We've got our 8yr old grandson here for Xmas this year, so it'll be the first early start for a few years chez Traf.

It's also his 9th birthday, so double the fun for a couple of days before he flies back to Oz on Wednesday.

That'll bring a few memories back!

8 hours ago, Cheese said:

Just get your Mrs to start doing it when the kids grow out of it.

I still have no idea why we wrap stuff in our house as we practically order all of our own presents anyway, but somehow it just wouldn’t be the same!

2 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

First thing I've fucked up. I've forgotten to do Christmas eve boxes. I've a feeling I'm gonna fuck up all of this Christmas 

😔😔

Right, Xmas is hard enough - cut yourself some slack. I guarantee that your kids will have a brilliant Christmas and won't notice any small thing that has dropped off the list.

You aren't not going to.fuck it up, no doubt you've done a brilliant job and the children will have a fantastic time with their family and wonderful mum who loves the bones of them.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Right, Xmas is hard enough - cut yourself some slack. I guarantee that your kids will have a brilliant Christmas and won't notice any small thing that has dropped off the list.

You aren't not going to.fuck it up, no doubt you've done a brilliant job and the children will have a fantastic time with their family and wonderful mum who loves the bones of them.

Bollocks

Daughter is late 20s and still needs new Chritmas jamas laying out. :)

8 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

First thing I've fucked up. I've forgotten to do Christmas eve boxes. I've a feeling I'm gonna fuck up all of this Christmas 

😔😔

Mrs just said the same. Forgot to sort it, hopefully youngest has forgot about it.

• Site Supporter

I’ve just completed 24 FUCKING nights of pissing about arranging a toy elf in various “hilarious” situations around the house.

I don’t know what a Xmas Eve box is, but it ain’t happening. I’m done.

Relax @bolton_blondie your kids are only bothered about what the big man brings down the chimney.

dig out the baileys 

• Members
26 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’ve just completed 24 FUCKING nights of pissing about arranging a toy elf in various “hilarious” situations around the house.

I don’t know what a Xmas Eve box is, but it ain’t happening. I’m done.

Relax @bolton_blondie your kids are only bothered about what the big man brings down the chimney.

dig out the baileys 

I'd love to dig out the baileys, but I have too much to do. Hard work all this on your own