Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

6 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

Colls have a jolly boys to Annan Athletic 3rd July, only problem is we could be watching England in the quarters abroad

I've played there. 1998/99 season, I lived about 3 miles away.

10 hours ago, Steejay said:

Macclesfield starting in NW Counties Premier division next season.

My local jumpers for goalposts team Plymouth Parkway just made the Southern league five years after being not much more than Sunday league. 

Sold their car park to Argyle for 4G training facility and gym. Now blagged Truro City's old stand as part of ground share deal while Truro move to new 10000 capacity shared stadium with Pirates Union franchise.  

Truro definitely after league status and Parkway two steps from ambition of Conference South. 

13 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

Colls have a jolly boys to Annan Athletic 3rd July, only problem is we could be watching England in the quarters abroad

Extended family are main sponsors, M & S Engineering Ltd. Been up a couple of times. Club house is a good set up, the whole ground is TBH. 4G, meaning black plastic pellets everywhere... 

The bar at the train station is prob best one in Annan.

Gaffer said not 100% confirmed yet, SFL needs to sanction.

England, QF 🤣

• 3 months later...

Sorry, dint see that it was discussed on the loan thread .

good summaries on there from the guys who went.

lancaster we’re odds on to win and dominated the first half but a formation change and using the sloping pitch at the skuna to their advantage in the second half saw a deserved 3-1 victory.

good to see some of the Bolton  lads there to watch aswell.

luke has made a couple of small errors in the half hour before his injury, he landed awkwardly, sincerely hope he’s ok, he also did a fab save to make amends.

matty was consistent tho not much to do, got beat by two “dippers” and a penalty so not easy to judge, I’d say honours even between the two lads and both look good prospects.

best of luck to them, speedy recovery to Luke, I’ll be going watching them both again

Edited by Ruba Mustafa
Spello

41 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Sorry, dint see that it was discussed on the loan thread .

good summaries on there from the guys who went.

lancaster we’re odds on to win and dominated the first half but a formation change and using the sloping pitch at the skuna to their advantage in the second half saw a deserved 3-1 victory.

good to see some of the Bolton  lads there to watch aswell.

luke has made a couple of small errors in the half hour before his injury, he landed awkwardly, sincerely hope he’s ok, he also did a fab save to make amends.

matty was consistent tho not much to do, got beat by two “dippers” and a penalty so not easy to judge, I’d say honours even between the two lads and both look good prospects.

best of luck to them, speedy recovery to Luke, I’ll be going watching them both again

A very hard fought game that today, both sides went really at it for gaining a pass. Good match to watch though.

• 3 weeks later...

Good hard fought win today for Colls against Witton Albion in the FA Cup, it finished 3-1 to Colls, good to see Dean Saunders there supporting his son who plays for Witton, a bit of argy bargy near the end, some of the Witton lads really shouldn't drink alcohol because they clearly can't take it, one of them threw a pint over our keeper at towards the end of the game because they didn't agree with a referee's decision, a few 'jonny ten men' spoiling for a fight at the end, one of our coaches got a punch as he was arguing with them, arrogant Cheshire pricks

15 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

Good hard fought win today for Colls against Witton Albion in the FA Cup, it finished 3-1 to Colls, good to see Dean Saunders there supporting his son who plays for Witton, a bit of argy bargy near the end, some of the Witton lads really shouldn't drink alcohol because they clearly can't take it, one of them threw a pint over our keeper at towards the end of the game because they didn't agree with a referee's decision, a few 'jonny ten men' spoiling for a fight at the end, one of our coaches got a punch as he was arguing with them, arrogant Cheshire pricks

You should have run over their toes in your chair pal :D

Sounds like a good day mate