Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Derby

miamiwhite

I'm not saying £200 is an average, nor am I suggesting everyone's on drugs, but even at £100, what's another fiver?

You're not going to miss a trip you've looked forward to, if the tickets end up being £30, are you?

• Site Supporter

OK, let's make it a tenner instead of 5, tickets for £20, there comes a point that it will make a difference and attendances will increase surely.

Yes, I understand all the maths about prices and numbers, but it's more than that, as better crowds and atmosphere will attract even more fans.

36 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

OK, let's make it a tenner instead of 5, tickets for £20, there comes a point that it will make a difference and attendances will increase surely.

Yes, I understand all the maths about prices and numbers, but it's more than that, as better crowds and atmosphere will attract even more fans.

Aye, but there also comes a point when it would cease to be cost effective to buy a season ticket if the pay on the day prices are reduced too far & you really don't want to piss off your most loyal, hardcore supporters.

FWIW i'm happy for there to be several special offers per season to try & boost crowds & encourage kids......just not every game.

• Moderators

You've more chance of getting bigger crowds with reduced tickets over a longer period of time than charging £32 one week then offering STs the chance to bring a mate for £10 to a Friday night game on SKY

Don't recall which other games had offers on last season but the Bristol city offer was never going to have stay aways flocking back

I'd rather see the club offer bundles, ie 3 for 2.

You buy a ticket for the next 2 weekend home games and get given a voucher you can redeem for any other home fixture, including one of the next two if you wanted to bring a friend. Previous bundle offers have included shit midweek games.

So, as an example, you go down and buy a ticket for Blackburn & Hull and get a voucher to use on any home game irrespective of pricing/banding. This way you're giving a decent discount, but getting fans to 3 games.

5 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'd rather see the club offer bundles, ie 3 for 2.

You buy a ticket for the next 2 weekend home games and get given a voucher you can redeem for any other home fixture, including one of the next two if you wanted to bring a friend. Previous bundle offers have included shit midweek games.

So, as an example, you go down and buy a ticket for Blackburn & Hull and get a voucher to use on any home game irrespective of pricing/banding. This way you're giving a decent discount, but getting fans to 3 games.

I liked the membership schemes of old, think it was £30 for the season but got up to a tenner off match tickets. At the time I couldn’t commit to a season ticket because of work, but the encouragement was there to keep attending games to get my money’s worth which meant I was still interested enough to buy a season ticket again once my circumstances changed.

The season ticket deals are an absolute bargain and long may it continue, but I understand the struggle to get people attending in the first place before they’ll commit to a ST and I’m sure it’s not a problem unique to us. As above though, I reckon the train problems will have had a massive effect over the last couple of years. 

38 minutes ago, Smiley said:

iFollow, red buttons, snide streams - all of these are having a massive impact on attendances. Without a doubt.

Definitely,  by now I’d be itching to go to Stoke as it is I’m watching my lad play for school tonight then will sit down to watch on Sky with a glass of something chilled with my feet up.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• The topic was unpinned