Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, Tommy Banks said:

He doesn’t come across very well, he certainly isn’t the most articulate. But as you say he must have some credibility if Sullivan is backing him. There certainly appears to be something in his claim otherwise it would have been thrown out

Is the correct answer 

5 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

He doesn’t come across very well, he certainly isn’t the most articulate. But as you say he must have some credibility if Sullivan is backing him. There certainly appears to be something in his claim otherwise it would have been thrown out

It amazes me this. Sullivan is "backing him" to get his hands on the stadium and hotel. Seems lots quite fancy that. Sullivan is not going to be writing cheques for him beyond that. 

Bassini has been declared bankrupt twice. Whilst owning Watford he was found to have been taking money out of the club to the tune of £1.5M and had lied to the league and fellow directors about doing so. He then lost a high court case against the new owners where he had to pay £3.5M. 

In 2014 he was declared bankrupt a second time over a £40K bill and claimed he owned no property and could not pay the bill. 

And all that is before we get to the fact he tried to empty the club safe on the day he sold Watford. 

Now - lets talk about credibility.....

If you thought Ken was bad...just wait.

I'm not even talking about his claim - which may well have some foundation. His credibility to run a football club is sub zero and anyone who thinks otherwise is completely deluded. The club is as good as dead if he wins - he won't have the actual funds needed regardless and if he does it will be borrowed and be an asset stripping exercise. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

• Members
1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It amazes me this. Sullivan is "backing him" to get his hands on the stadium and hotel. Seems lots quite fancy that. Sullivan is not going to be writing cheques for him beyond that. 

Bassini has been declared bankrupt twice. Whilst owning Watford he was found to have been taking money out of the club to the tune of £1.5M and had lied to the league and fellow directors about doing so. He then lost a high court case against the new owners where he had to pay £3.5M. 

In 2014 he was declared bankrupt a second time over a £40K bill and claimed he owned no property and could not pay the bill. 

And being sued for unpaid rent on a flat in Bushey isn't he?

Watford fan mate of mine says it was the family money that got him Watford rather than being self made. And he fucked it up. 

Just now, Duck Egg said:

No matter how rich Sullivan is, would you write sizeable cheques for a mentalist?  He might come across as a loon but Sullivan obviously trusts him. 

He's not giving him money to help him run the club. Sullivan would own the ground and hotel. And in that scenario a mentalist running the business works quite well. Sullivan is a property developer. It isn't hard to work it out....

6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

And all that is before we get to the fact he tried to empty the club safe on the day he sold Watford. 

Now - lets talk about credibility.....

If you thought Ken was bad...just wait.

I'm not even talking about his claim - which may well have some foundation. His credibility to run a football club is sub zero and anyone who thinks otherwise is completely deluded. The club is as good as dead if he wins - he won't have the actual funds needed regardless and if he does it will be borrowed and be an asset stripping exercise. 

Does this make him a nut job? Somebody with limited morals and an appetite for risk absolutely. 

The richest guy I know who is a multi millionaire has been sequestrated (bankrupt) 3 times so far. Screwed his business partner over for about 750k in one deal. Unscrupulous? Absolutely. 

nut job? Nope. 

im not saying he can run the club or should be let anywhere near it. I’m saying keep him away

but the fact he’s done what he’s done so far in terms of owning another club and having the ear own someone like Sullivan tells me he’s a credible threat to our club and not the whacko everyone like yourself is dismissing him as 

Edited by Escobarp

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Does this make him a nut job? Somebody with limited morals and an appetite for risk absolutely. 

The richest guy I know who is a multi millionaire has been sequestrated (bankrupt) 3 times so far. Screwed his business partner over for about 750k in one deal. Unscrupulous? Absolutely. 

nut job? Nope. 

You're confusing self made ruthless business men with Bassini who loafed from his families' wealth till they got fed up with him.

He's thick as two short planks.

Ken - ruthless but competent business man who chose to screw us over. 

Bassini - neither competent nor ruthless but will screw us over. 

Just now, Escobarp said:

This is positive as if he was going to adjourn he would have done so am I correct for those who know about those things? 

Might still go for that if he doesn't feel like he's had all the submissions he needs, will know more when we hear what's been said.

Nervous.

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

This is positive as if he was going to adjourn he would have done so am I correct for those who know about those things? 

Seems like its a decision between adjourning or throwing it out - Bassini wants more time to build case - Inner Circle say no evidence so throw it out. Apparently both sides agree there is a "lack of evidence". 

Edited by bwfcfan5

1 minute ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

Say what you like about Iles but his live indepth reporting from the court is surpassed by none

1:02pm

The verdict will be delivered at 3pm.

11:03am

Case about to begin...

There’s nothing he could put in the middle. I’m sure he’s typing at the moment to give an update.

• Site Supporter

I am sat round the pool with a West Ham fan.

he’s been following this and says we’d do well to consider having sullivan involved. Worked wonders for West Ham and Birmingham.

he reckons Bassini is a stooge for Sullivan. 

Sullivan will be bankrolling all the legal stuff as he’s got money to burn.

Decision will fall to Bassini, he says.

Can’t see that myself, but we don’t know what’s involved being honest.

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You're confusing self made ruthless business men with Bassini who loafed from his families' wealth till they got fed up with him.

He's thick as two short planks.

Ken - ruthless but competent business man who chose to screw us over. 

Bassini - neither competent nor ruthless but will screw us over. 

I don’t disagree he will screw us over. Not what I’m saying 

but you cannot dismiss him as a nut job he’s weird and unstable it appears. That’s my only point so at the risk of ending up like custard bob and others on here can we cease this now 

10 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Seems like its a decision between adjourning or throwing it out - Bassini wants more time to build case - Inner Circle say no evidence so throw it out. Apparently both sides agree there is a "lack of evidence". 

Judge cannot adjourn this then knowing that it kills the club and I’m hoping someone has put this forward? 

Ka should have a statement from FV saying just that. If this gets adjourned we walk away. That should focus minds