Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What is clear now, is that vaccinating the world, as quickly as possible is vital to reduce opportunity for more variants, and to get back to what we previously had. Or perhaps more pertinently, what we need to have in the future.

The bottom line is the key one. Things have changed forever now, previously when in the Far East, I've always been mildly amused at seeing people wandering around with face masks on, and even wearing them in the office, not just when outside. Masks are here to stay now, and we'll see then being worn as they are in the Far East as a matter of course. I suspect that social distancing will remain a thing as well, not 2m or anything like that, but capacity of venues, pubs restaurants will be reduced. I think people will clean their hands a bit more as well, and not be such dirty bastards. The upside is that we'll hopefully see a lot less of things like seasonal flu as well

52 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Can we all a least agree the virus has fucked us good and proper?

Or is that anti Boris?

Can’t see why Germany, US etc being fucked is anti-Boris

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

The bottom line is the key one. Things have changed forever now, previously when in the Far East, I've always been mildly amused at seeing people wandering around with face masks on, and even wearing them in the office, not just when outside. Masks are here to stay now, and we'll see then being worn as they are in the Far East as a matter of course. I suspect that social distancing will remain a thing as well, not 2m or anything like that, but capacity of venues, pubs restaurants will be reduced. I think people will clean their hands a bit more as well, and not be such dirty bastards. The upside is that we'll hopefully see a lot less of things like seasonal flu as well

Aye, though in the longer term, it may subside a little I suppose.

More thinking about planning our cities, not living with pigs, carp or pangolin etc.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

The EU should have read it before making false statements. 

Kate Bingham, and I'm paraphrasing " we got lots of people from the private sector with relevant experience in, to get moving on the contracts quickly".

Good on her. If a few noses get put out of joint; tough.

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

Masks will get fucked off quickly, I think, but more people will carry hand sanitizer/wipes and such

12 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Masks will get fucked off quickly, I think, but more people will carry hand sanitizer/wipes and such

I don't think we'll be forced to wear them, I just think that a lot of people will choose to in certain environments, like travelling on the tube or in supermarkets.

Anyway, it'll be nice to have the choice 

5 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

444,000 vaccines yesterday. Back on track.

that's more like it - we should be gettign towards that sort of number everyday now that far more places have opened up - good news, we'll be in the pubs by the end of May now I reckon, great news!

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye.

Seems I was wrong; I didn't think they would, and though its not quite a ban, the thin end of the wedge just got a bit thicker.

As long as they don't stop our supply, they can do what they want. I'll not get too animated about it until I hear they're actually stopping stuff getting to us

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

As long as they don't stop our supply, they can do what they want. I'll not get too animated about it until I hear they're actually stopping stuff getting to us

Let's hope so. Otherwise a huge shit storm is coming. 

A clever bit of manoeuvring here: they've made a mistake, and now pass it down to the member states.

Without looking deeper into it, I would guess that it only needs one country to object.

• Site Supporter

Do we want the UK all sorted and vaccined way ahead of the EU?

Which I guess rules out any UK resident travelling to Spain this year at the very least

Or

Do we try and get all countries done at roughly the same pace and possibly open up borders a bit sooner?

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Do we want the UK all sorted and vaccined way ahead of the EU?

Which I guess rules out any UK resident travelling to Spain this year at the very least

Or

Do we try and get all countries done at roughly the same pace and possibly open up borders a bit sooner?

Ideally, we spread the love and the vaccine, wih the bonus folks can secure their rightful place on the beaches of Costa Del Sol.

But, we need to look after our population as best we can.

A great year for caravans etc