Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

26 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I was expecting it too be more expensive too

I'm wondering if the two clubs competing has a bearing on price though

I'd expect us and Plymouth Argyle will sell more tickets than last season's clubs and the EFL will know that

There's probably something that stops them doing that, in that it's unfair on fans of larger clubs to be paying more, plus given its a lower league final you are not going to get a load of randoms who turn up to say an FA Cup final just because of the competition. Although don't know - but I doubt the price breaks will be much different.

19 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

There's probably something that stops them doing that, in that it's unfair on fans of larger clubs to be paying more, plus given its a lower league final you are not going to get a load of randoms who turn up to say an FA Cup final just because of the competition. Although don't know - but I doubt the price breaks will be much different.

Let's hope so

@Jol_BWFC's post on the previous page is encouraging

PEOPLE SAYING ITS A SHIT COMPETITION

Just reset your brain for a moment any think of it this way. 

We are just a league one club, playing in a cup designed for teams at our level. Yes, it's not the FA Cup but we have reached the final of a cup that's not meant to be for the big teams. All levels of football have Cup competitions running alongside their leagues level. 

And this is ours. We still had to beat all the other clubs to get to it! 

Get on board!

Edited by Jayjay23

2 minutes ago, Jayjay23 said:

We are just a league one club, playing in a cup designed for teams at our level. Yes, it's not the FA Cup but we have reached the final of a cup that's not meant to be for the big teams. All levels of football have Cup competitions running alongside their leagues level. 

Get on board!

You're right, but it's still a shit competition.

8 hours ago, Ani said:

Mate it is a Mickey Mouse cup and they let kids play, BUT three years ago we were a day from extinction. The idea we would survive was unlikely this is a day out to enjoy for all us, you included who have been through, never questioning why but being there for the 7-1 defeats, relegations and emerging in the best place the club has been for years. Your lad is about 18, there might not be many chances to have a day out at football with him where the result does not matter and we can just celebrate the fact 'we are coming up the hill'

Get yourself there, I will buy a pint if you do ! 

I’ve checked flights from Alicante, it’s doable, my lad is flying to Alicante 2 days before the final, I’m gonna leave decision with him, if he wants to go I’ll fly with him from Alicante, the fact that it’s 100 years since white horse final and we’re back there is something special and I’d not factored that into the equation…. I might take you up on that pint yet. 

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve checked flights from Alicante, it’s doable, my lad is flying to Alicante 2 days before the final, I’m gonna leave decision with him, if he wants to go I’ll fly with him from Alicante, the fact that it’s 100 years since white horse final and we’re back there is something special and I’d not factored that into the equation…. I might take you up on that pint yet. 

you're fucked now as you said i can use your CRN :D

sunlounger for you pal

46 minutes ago, Jayjay23 said:

Get on board!

Group stages, penalties after 90 mins, u21 teams, restrictions on who Evatt can pick. It's the very definition of a shit competition.

I can't wait for the final though.

Edited by mickbrown

48 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The things Spills will do for a free pint. 😉