Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley ๐Ÿ•

Eddie

21 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Great win Plymouth were shit

means fuck all if we donโ€™t get play offs

well done IE & ladsย 

Can't agree with that.ย  Means loads, if we lose every game till end of season yesterday will be talked about in 20 plus years and there will be fans supporting us that may have never set foot in the Reebok without the experience of yesterday, whether they were there or saw it on TV.

Yeah I donโ€™t think we can under estimate how important yesterday was for our club. Massively positive day which will hopefully help get bums on seats and funds in.ย 
ย 

play offs are important now and hopefully we have the mental toughness to win the big games.ย 

3 minutes ago, Wullie said:

you look at our fixtures, and there isn't really anything there to worry us. I am hoping this is the confidence kick we need, and leads us to a playoff Final in May

Everyone will lose points when expected to win like last Saturday and that includes us. We should get over the line but itโ€™s going to be tough

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Barnsley are in fine form.

Anyone in the play offs will be difficult.ย 

Important now to focus on getting there, and not worry about who we might face.

I'd fancy us against Barnsley to be honest, and Derby might not even make it the way their form is going, so going to be interesting

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I wonder if there's a parade/presentation event with the trophy?

Perhaps a bit awkward with easter games, but would be good, especially for the kids whilst they're off school.ย 

Will prob just do something before game next Mondayย 

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Can't agree with that.ย  Means loads, if we lose every game till end of season yesterday will be talked about in 20 plus years and there will be fans supporting us that may have never set foot in the Reebok without the experience of yesterday, whether they were there or saw it on TV.

Maybe came over a little cold my comment for the fans yes itโ€™s a major positive and I hope we gain new supporters off this

from a football point weโ€™re so frustrating at times, we have a very good side who can compete with the best but weโ€™ve made it hard for ourselves at times this season, missing out would be crazy (btw I think we will be fine)

9 hours ago, desperado said:

Just realised who you are. Iโ€™ve liked your Twitter post this morning (Iโ€™m CV - ex Ironman ๐Ÿ˜‚)ย 

Great effort with the run yesterday.

What a day ๐Ÿ‘

Cheers mate. Feeling a bit second hand today. Hamstrings are weeping ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Just got home. Bit of a nightmare on the M6 today but that cant take anything away in probably what is the best weekend of my life.

3 generations of us walking up Wembley then witnessesing that kind of performance and celebration will never be beaten.

I sat there on 90mins just looking at our crowd waving flags and singing knowing I was with my Dad, sons and wife and what it meant to everyone there. First time Ive shed a tear at a football match since Black Sunday.

An absolute dream day, total happiness and makes all the hard yards worthwhile.

Life just doesn't get any better for a foobtall than that, regardless of the competition.

A massive shout out of Wembley assistance who were brilliant with my Dad who was struggling to make it up Wembley Way on his walking stick. They were straight in there, got him in a chair and took him all the way to his seat. Even picked him up after the game too. Brilliant.

Such a special day ๐Ÿ’™

ย 

Top post that!

What got me was when the sun came out and we went quite quiet but all the flags were going (apart from mine as some fucker nicked it when I went for a half time piss) and the sight and sound of that was all that mattered. Collective statement that brought a tear to my eye I have to admit.

On the steward front, big shout to the guy covering us - big black lad who did it all with grace and humour - when in the 2nd half someone was seen supping a pint he came over, marched him down and out in a friendly apologetic way and (presumably after a bit of a telling off) brought him back up with them acting a bezzie mates and back his seat. So much so that many were shaking hands with the steward as they filed out. That's how you do it.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, bwfc87 said:

What a day, how loud were we! Massive congratulations to everyone at the club.

Anyone else still get emotional when watching Gethโ€™s reaction to scoring, or am a getting soft lol?ย 

This. ๐Ÿ˜ช

41 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Just got home. Bit of a nightmare on the M6 today but that cant take anything away in probably what is the best weekend of my life.

3 generations of us walking up Wembley then witnessesing that kind of performance and celebration will never be beaten.

I sat there on 90mins just looking at our crowd waving flags and singing knowing I was with my Dad, sons and wife and what it meant to everyone there. First time Ive shed a tear at a football match since Black Sunday.

An absolute dream day, total happiness and makes all the hard yards worthwhile.

Life just doesn't get any better for a foobtall than that, regardless of the competition.

A massive shout out of Wembley assistance who were brilliant with my Dad who was struggling to make it up Wembley Way on his walking stick. They were straight in there, got him in a chair and took him all the way to his seat. Even picked him up after the game too. Brilliant.

Such a special day ๐Ÿ’™

ย 

Great stuff๐Ÿ‘You just canโ€™t put a value on that. It was an absolutely tremendous day!

1 hour ago, Wullie said:

I'd fancy us against Barnsley to be honest, and Derby might not even make it the way their form is going, so going to be interesting

Ipswich are the ones I would like to avoid in the play offs but they may yet get automatic promotion. I would fancy us against Plymouth, Derby, Peterborough but Barnsley would be a tough one to call.ย 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

Watching highlights... againย 

ย 

With VAR we have penalty for handball, which could be a red, the tackle on Sheehan a possible red and the one on Toal is a definite red.ย 
ย 

ย 

Sheehan one was near us and it incensed me and my brother. Absolutely no attempt to play the ball, should have been a red. I would have to see the Toal one again but it looked another red. Shocking how cynical those challenges were.