Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

1 minute ago, Traf said:

Yep, mine has cost me an absolute fortune this season.

Me eldest has autism and really struggles dealing with his emotions, so we made the decision not to get him a ticket on Sunday. It was gutting after the game as it would have been amazing for him to be there but if we had been on the end of that from Plymouth he just couldn't have coped with it all.

He 'follows' City but has a season ticket with me and has done a couple of aways which he absolutely loved. He's already asked about going on some of the longer aways next season and I can't wait.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, boogs said:

100% agree on the feeling when that 2nd went it. Pure unadulterated joy. It was carnage round us when that hit the net, and I've still got the bruises on my knees to prove it, I ended up over the seats on the row in infront. 😁

Bloke behind me was all “don’t fuck it up now, don’t fuck it up “.

Loft fucked him right off though .

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Not seen it mentioned anywhere else, but Cameron Jerome oozed class when he came on. Could play a massive part in our final run in.

Yeah I drove too amazing what you notice when you're not bladdered.

Superb ball he curled round their defence to Kachungas feet. Like to see a bit more of him and I'm sure we will these last few games.   

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, itdiddidit? said:

Yeah I drove too amazing what you notice when you're not bladdered.

Superb ball he curled round their defence to Kachungas feet. Like to see a bit more of him and I'm sure we will these last few games.   

😁

You're spot on. As much as I'd love a pint or 5, I should probably drive again if we get there next month.

Edited by Cheese

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Not seen it mentioned anywhere else, but Cameron Jerome oozed class when he came on. Could play a massive part in our final run in.

Experience, isn't it?
Calm and composed and with a bit of luck, Kacha could have had a hat-trick.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Traf said:

Experience, isn't it?
Calm and composed and with a bit of luck, Kacha could have had a hat-trick.

Aye. Suspect he'll provide some great calming influence when required.

1 hour ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Bloke behind me was all “don’t fuck it up now, don’t fuck it up “.

Loft fucked him right off though .

Woman behind us asked everyone to sit down just before it went.

I told her we should all be standing after the goal she seemed happy 

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

He's quality isn't he.  Its hard to argue with Kacha's inclusion on the day, but every time we get the line up I always hope he's involved, a class above with leadership qualities and physicality which the team lacks.  He should have shot though instead of passing to Kacha!

11 hours ago, boogs said:

100% agree on the feeling when that 2nd went it. Pure unadulterated joy. It was carnage round us when that hit the net, and I've still got the bruises on my knees to prove it, I ended up over the seats on the row in infront. 😁

Same here.  My main hope pre-match was to see us compete, have a good game and not have anything like another Stoke experience.  2nd hope was to score, even if we lost 2 or even 3-1.  So I was bouncing when the first goal went in, 2 boxes ticked - a goal, and we we had officially turned up.  2nd goal was "we can actually win this".  Amazing feeling and celebration.  3rd goal was "we've won" and also fantastic to see us score at our end (even with my specs on the 1st 2 goals were miles away).  All amazing moments in different ways.

4 hours ago, Ani said:

Woman behind us asked everyone to sit down just before it went.

I told her we should all be standing after the goal she seemed happy 

I love the fact that every game not at home is a stand up job the entire game (accepting it might be annoying for some who can't easily stand).  I'm sure previous visits to Wembley/Cardiff were sit down affairs, there was no way we were sitting down on Sunday around where I was.  Same at Sheff Wed, definitely encourages a better atmosphere.  I'm bloody nackered the next day mind being on feet for most of the day.

When the first goal went in I was deliriously happy and jumping around like a nutter. When I calmed down I was thinking we need another. Then we scored that beautiful second goal and I was thinking WTF is happening here?

At HT I was dreading Argyle would come out with a Schumacher rocket up their ass and start to turn it on as they have previously this year but Kacha's goal removed any remaining worries and my missus was laughing at me for getting emotional about it. The fourth was the cherry on top of a perfect WTF? day.

I think Cameron is a great signing inasmuch that having experienced quality players (as are JDB and KL) around is a great influence for the youngsters - I only wish he still had the pace he once  had. It's like when we were struggling a few years back and Gary O'Neil rocked up oozing class in everything he did. These guys may be at the end of their careers but they can still have a huge impact on and off the field.

Edited by Wanderlust

10 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

I think Cameron is a great signing inasmuch that having experienced quality players (as are JDB and KL) around is a great influence for the youngsters - I only wish he still had the pace he once  had. It's like when we were struggling a few years back and Gary O'Neil rocked up oozing class in everything he did. These guys may be at the end of their careers but they can still have a huge impact on and off the field.

Couldn't agree more.  When we signed him it was "why are we giving a contract to that old bugger after a last pay day", 6 months later he was one of our most important and classy players, on and off the pitch and when he left it was our loss.  Worth their weight in gold the Karl Henrys and O'Neill's.  Annoys me a bit when fans refer to someone's age when we get linked, in a negative way, I don't care if they are 18 or 36, they don't lose their class if they had it in the first place.

11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Couldn't agree more.  When we signed him it was "why are we giving a contract to that old bugger after a last pay day", 6 months later he was one of our most important and classy players, on and off the pitch and when he left it was our loss.  Worth their weight in gold the Karl Henrys and O'Neill's.  Annoys me a bit when fans refer to someone's age when we get linked, in a negative way, I don't care if they are 18 or 36, they don't lose their class if they had it in the first place.

It's true  - there was so much whining going on when Henry and O'Neill were signed - and Hierro for that matter.

Allardyce built a team on so-called "has-beens".