Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheffield Wednesday Friday

Marc505

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Agreed, he comes accross really well.

I think he’s had some additional PR tutoring since he first joined us.

Tutored to refrain from giving our opponents their team talk. Remember us being the best team in the division? That went well; did it last until Wigan battered us 4-0 at home?

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I would make changes for this game Jerome up front with Dion , Lee to start at 10 bring Declan back if Johnstons fit bring him in for the city lad .

Agree with the rest, but I'd stick with Adeboyejo. Got a feeling he'll go on a run of goals soon.

21 minutes ago, mattbwfc19 said:

Is anyone getting the 22:46 train back to picadilly? Just wondering whether i'll make it or not as it seems like i'll be cutting it fine

It's doable walking if you're a good walker, just follow the tram lines to the town centre 😊, the trams might be difficult with a big crowd & presumably less trams later in the evening.

At the worst, there's supposed to be a later train at 11-28.

Going soon but still a bit pessimistic after last Saturday, still missing Johnston & Iredale  & as yet, still missing an effective partner for Charles upfront. I fear damage to our goal difference, would be more than happy with a point & delighted with a win.

That said, I like Sheffield, like away night matches & like big crowds at atmospheric, traditional grounds, so plenty to like....just hope we give it a good go.      

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Agree with the rest, but I'd stick with Adeboyejo. Got a feeling he'll go on a run of goals soon.

Me too. No way he was bought on a whim. He will have been analysed to death.

He will be a goodn.

2 hours ago, Rizlar said:

I would make changes for this game Jerome up front with Dion , Lee to start at 10 bring Declan back if Johnstons fit bring him in for the city lad .

Ditto, exactly what I’d do but given Evatt’s pre match statements I don’t think he will and will stick with the team that started Saturday. If the young players perform all so good but they’ve been off it recently and I hope at least Kieran Lee and DJ are brought back.

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Me too. No way he was bought on a whim. He will have been analysed to death.

He will be a goodn.

I’ve said before we won’t see the best of him until next season. What that looks like in terms of goals etc no one has a clue but it’ll be better than we’re currently seeing 

IE has said before we’ve had to change the way we play slightly for him as he does his best work running the channels etc. explains that recent change in Toal etc going longer 

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

It's so annoying with this interviewer who basically tells them the answer to the question he is asking and they've all been told to begin almost every response with "definitely".

In fact he's not really asking questions - just asking for confirmation of pre-prepared statements.

As someone who has had media training and done media work I just wish there was a little less control over the players to give them breathing space to express themselves - and give us a genuine insight into their true personalities.

Edited by Wanderlust