Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich Home

Ani

18 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Looks like we’re playing another team when they’re coming into form and we’re on slight dip and key players out. I’ll snatch your hands off for a draw. 

I’ll be pissed off if I caught any whiff of thinking about Wembley and tossing the league off. We need to win this to start psyching ourselves up for play offs. At this rate we will be scared of our own shadows let alone any other team.

Just now, radcliffe white said:

I might be eating my words at 5pm Saturday but..

too much creaming over ipswich for my liking 

Agree. We hype up anyone in or around us except Plymouth who made end up being the best of them all.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Agree. We hype up anyone in or around us except Plymouth who made end up being the best of them all.

And with Plymouth we were better than them at their place. And when they came to ours in January we absolutely annihilated them, forcing their players to fake head injuries to waste time. Yet we didn't win either game.

This game we will need to be clinical in both boxes, that's what it comes down to in the matches against promotion rivals 

Unfortunately we have a tendency to make mistakes.

20 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

This game we will need to be clinical in both boxes, that's what it comes down to in the matches against promotion rivals

...and too over-elaborate in front of goal - against all opponents. Wish JDB wasn't injured because he doesn't f*** about trying to walk the ball in - neither does CJ which is why they both played at a higher level.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

I’ll be pissed off if I caught any whiff of thinking about Wembley and tossing the league off. We need to win this to start psyching ourselves up for play offs. At this rate we will be scared of our own shadows let alone any other team.

Having been at the last 3 games, there's no doubt that we've gone off the boil after the Accy win, but as much as i'd like to blame the mickey mouse cup, bag of shite, the players were clearly chuffed to reach the final & you'd think would be going all out playing for their places at Wembley.......maybe there's a bit of a distraction.

For all the money they've spent, Ipswich are nothing to fear , haven't beaten anyone special in their recent run & hopefully we'll have a decent ref who will keep an eye on that dirty cunt Morsy who seems to get away with murder. As usual, get an early goal & I fancy us to beat anyone in this division.

1 minute ago, bolton va va said:

Having been at the last 3 games, there's no doubt that we've gone off the boil after the Accy win, but as much as i'd like to blame the mickey mouse cup, bag of shite, the players were clearly chuffed to reach the final & you'd think would be going all out playing for their places at Wembley.......maybe there's a bit of a distraction.

For all the money they've spent, Ipswich are nothing to fear , haven't beaten anyone special in their recent run & hopefully we'll have a decent ref who will keep an eye on that dirty cunt Morsy who seems to get away with murder. As usual, get an early goal & I fancy us to beat anyone in this division.

Aye Id say it was sheer volume of games and injuries our issue rather than eye off the ball

31 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Saw something yesterday which said they’d spent £2m on transfers this season. Miles above anyone else 

1 hour ago, Arrested development said:

I think Dion has a decent record against Ipswich too. 

Kieran Lee scored the vital first goal against them last season and for some reason I saw a picture recently of him celebrating scoring the only goal at Portman Road in 2017, so that qualifies as a decent record for a midfielder.

Snow is starting to worry me, although I also missed the crunch game against Ipswich when Bobic scored because a I dropped a small child on a stone floor so it might be a good sign if I can not get over. 

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Snow is starting to worry me, although I also missed the crunch game against Ipswich when Bobic scored because a I dropped a small child on a stone floor so it might be a good sign if I can not get over. 

There's no chance of me getting out of our village on Friday, the snow is just too deep.

Same over here in Yorkshire, at least six inches deep still snowing and will do up to 6pm according the the forecast after which it’ll be minus 6 overnight. The M62 is currently blocked so can’t see any way I’ll get over tomorrow so wouldn’t be a bit surprised if this isn’t an early casualty which would be a massive shame. That said I think a lot of other games will also be under threat. 🥴

11 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Same over here in Yorkshire, at least six inches deep still snowing and will do up to 6pm according the the forecast after which it’ll be minus 6 overnight. The M62 is currently blocked so can’t see any way I’ll get over tomorrow so wouldn’t be a bit surprised if this isn’t an early casualty which would be a massive shame. That said I think a lot of other games will also be under threat. 🥴

As long as the teams can turn up and the conditions around the stadium aren’t hazardous then it’s game on 

Wou

25 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

i am a bit further north than you ( you are near Sheffield I think) I am currently 50/50.

Woukd not fancy the journey from Ipswich . 

Due to be on a reunion this afternoon in Bradford not sure I can get there 

45 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Why would the game be called off just because someone from Yorkshire get over the border??

Suns out over here - all the snow has gone - and kick off time Saturday forecast at 11C