Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

High School Prom

DazBob

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

Are you aware that one of the parents has hired an Airbnb pad for an after party for their kid and 20 of his mates?

Think it’s in Westhoughton.

bit iffy, that

They will think so when 20 kids trash the place and get a mahoosive bill.

Ours didn't have a prom, with it being an all girls.school didn't seem much point not having dates apparently and they voted against it for, in her words "being a bit lame."

Anyway they all buggered off and had a beach party down in Whitstable where it seems she's spending the whole summer despite my repeated calls for her to get a job.

• Site Supporter

We had a "leavers party" in the school hall that was pretty crap to be honest but some lads told some amazing tales about fingering imaginary girls at the end of the night. In reality all the lads went home and wanked over the girls the didn't have and then got shitfaced at the next possible moment.

• Members
2 hours ago, Spider said:

Are you aware that one of the parents has hired an Airbnb pad for an after party for their kid and 20 of his mates?

Think it’s in Westhoughton.

bit iffy, that

Yep, she asked to go. She was told she couldn't. 

Guaranteed police will be there sooner rather than later.

Apparently it was one of the lad's sisters who booked it for him. She's gonna be getting stung when they wreck it.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Yep, she asked to go. She was told she couldn't. 

Guaranteed police will be there sooner rather than later.

Apparently it was one of the lad's sisters who booked it for him. She's gonna be getting stung when they wreck it.

My lad is pulling his face because I’ve told him he can’t go either.

The neighbours aren’t going to be impressed when 20 sixteen year olds show up around about now ballooning.

Its a shit idea.

We had a leavers mass (thornleigh) that my dad's mobile rang half way through the quietest part of the whole mass in the whole hour. 

We had our playoff semi at the time. So he answered so he could tell me the score at the end of the mass. 

We went on to beat Preston in the final. 

Proper "trigger happy TV" style. 

I think the leavers do was at some bar in Bolton above Yorkshire building society that served anyone. I got served no bother at 16 when I was still getting ID'd in legit places at 28

56 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Daughter left this time said don’t waste your money dad not interested one bit, took her out for a meal fraction of the price

The lad got 2 years left he will be the same no interest 

Yep, Jnr wasn't interested.

• Members
1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Daughter left this time said don’t waste your money dad not interested one bit, took her out for a meal fraction of the price

Ah, ok.  Fair play to em.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Absolutely. Dunno if they had one at lad's high-school but there was no interest. 

His sixth form put a leaving do on, which he attended, but he left quickly as it would have been suitable for 5 year olds. Quite typical of his experience there.

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely. Dunno if they had one at lad's high-school but there was no interest. 

His sixth form put a leaving do on, which he attended, but he left quickly as it would have been suitable for 5 year olds. Quite typical of his experience there.

Phillips high was shocked at the lack of interest sent numerous letters & emails to encourage more

perhaps it’s a cost thing and parents are just skint, lad went to Blackpool today on a trip the amount of kids left behind because the parents can’t afford the money was sad to see 

• Members
28 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Phillips high was shocked at the lack of interest sent numerous letters & emails to encourage more

perhaps it’s a cost thing and parents are just skint, lad went to Blackpool today on a trip the amount of kids left behind because the parents can’t afford the money was sad to see 

Schools really should think long and hard about what parents are expected to cough up.  Rivvy and Blackrod had a school trip to ... wait for it ... New York, earlier this year.

Having to miss out on a school trip to Blackpool due to cost is an eye opener though.  Not only do I feel sorry for the kids, but it must be horrendous for the parents to have to say "no" to something like that.

Anyway, now she's finished school she'd better get a summer job and start fucking repaying some money back.

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Schools really should think long and hard about what parents are expected to cough up.  Rivvy and Blackrod had a school trip to ... wait for it ... New York, earlier this year.

Having to miss out on a school trip to Blackpool due to cost is an eye opener though.  Not only do I feel sorry for the kids, but it must be horrendous for the parents to have to say "no" to something like that.

Anyway, now she's finished school she'd better get a summer job and start fucking repaying some money back.

We just been sent a thing for a trip to Madrid for £750. Its shit as that £750 could pay for a proper holiday with his family.

7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Absolutely, New York wow!

daughter starts McDonald’s today tbf she started applying for jobs months ago 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Absolutely, New York wow!

daughter starts McDonald’s today tbf she started applying for jobs months ago 

My lad started a job as soon as his exams finished. Earning really good money and I top it up a bit as I’d only have to be giving him spends anyway.

Little shit has more spare cash than me now. He loves the work as well and is picking up loads of extra shifts.

loads of his mates are struggling to find work though, I’d have thought there’s be plenty knocking about for 16 year olds 

17 minutes ago, DazBob said:

New York trip with Rivy just come out for our angel, £1400  - I think is a decent price for New York these days, includes some food and a broadway show.

She want to Poland for 4 days recenty for around £400 - She spent less than £100 while their - Thats a good deal I recon.

Times are hard for people though, so I get not everyone can go.