Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

17 years and innocent

Spider

On 27/07/2023 at 12:45, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wouldn't have thought that would be the be all and end all.

Surely he had an alibi etc. Just seems weird.

Anyway, hope he gets to enjoy the rest of his life.

Aye me too

not going to be easy adapting to society now, hope he get’s the support he needs

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’m assuming Starmer?

If so, this is straw grasping at Olympic standard

I was assuming so, but it was either some bloke called Ken MacDonald or David Calvert-Smith, depending on the exact date 

Either way, not quite the gotcha moment GD was hoping for. 

• Site Supporter

The dpp isn't the problem, unless something very malicious went to the very top, which I can't see.

It has been revealed today though that the police/prosecution found out that the dna evidence proved his innocence, but sat on it for years, and did nothing.

He was even refused an appeal whilst they knew this- what I can't understand is why?

If they knew who the dna belonged to back then, just go get him, surely?

Something very, very wrong here, and whoever was responsible for the cover up should be getting a stretch themselves.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The dpp isn't the problem, unless something very malicious went to the very top, which I can't see.

It has been revealed today though that the police/prosecution found out that the dna evidence proved his innocence, but sat on it for years, and did nothing.

He was even refused an appeal whilst they knew this- what I can't understand is why?

If they knew who the dna belonged to back then, just go get him, surely?

Something very, very wrong here, and whoever was responsible for the cover up should be getting a stretch themselves.

Never fail to add 2 and 2 and get political dogshit.

You know the rules. 😃

Edited by mickbrown

2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I was assuming so, but it was either some bloke called Ken MacDonald or David Calvert-Smith, depending on the exact date 

Either way, not quite the gotcha moment GD was hoping for. 

Well, early days, but it was on telly that they have known since 2009. Clearly mistakes have been made and covered up. It’ll be interesting to see at what level the cover up was. Might be DPP, we’ll hopefully find out.

Just now, globaldiver said:

Well, early days, but it was on telly that they have known since 2009. Clearly mistakes have been made and covered up. It’ll be interesting to see at what level the cover up was. Might be DPP, we’ll hopefully find out.

Ken MacDonald. 

• Site Supporter

Hang on Mick, it's not like left leaning posters never do such things eh!

Anyway, can't be arsed with it- politics and law can be unhealthy bedfellows, as we see across the pond.

There is a big moral (and presumably real) crime here that some have perpetrated for unknown reasons, and they must be persued.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

No, the key date was 2009, when an appeal  could have been granted.

Good read up in The Guardian.

Clearly Sir Keir wasn’t involved, just like he wasn’t for Jimmy Savile.

I know where you're going- there are parallels with the constant criticism of Boris by Starmer for not running a tight ship- but I hope it doesn't go down this route. Bit of a cat fight that doesn't paint any one in a good light.

Rishi will need to be more witty than that to have a chance at the next election I think.

25 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

No, the key date was 2009, when an appeal  could have been granted.

Good read up in The Guardian.

Clearly Sir Keir wasn’t involved, just like he wasn’t for Jimmy Savile.

The CPS isn’t the CCRC. 

Edited by mickbrown

• Site Supporter

Indeed.

Does seem to be concerns that the prosecution wouldn't release the info, in which case the ccrc wouldn't have anything to approve the request on.

Obviously a lot of information we don't know, but from what we're learning, the fault does seem to lie with the authorities who bring about the prosecution.