Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Atherton Window Cleaners.

leigh white

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I wish. its something like £15 quid a pop for a bay window and two bedroom windows. I get its a town house so the bay is on the second floor and the bedrooms on a third but they don't even go up ladders now, just spray that 'special' water

How much would you charge to drive to somones house and do a job?

On 01/09/2023 at 20:58, Winchester White said:

I think ours was £13 for a 4 bed detached but had to stop it because the dog would go apeshit and wake the missus who works nights. She's moving to days so thankfully can get him back soon as cleaning windows is shite without the kit or inclination.

Ours charges £18 and comes once a month. The house across the road have him twice a month and pay £36 a time. 

Some of the newer firms are charging mental prices round here.

Granted the operation costs a lot more to run nowadays and Im in a decent position as Ive already got so much work.

If you're just starting up and driving to stand alone houses you're just gonna have to go big. 

Trouble is if you're too high, you're not getting away with bowling up in 50mph gales, then the work becomes irregular and you cant run a proper business on irregular patterns.

Plus if you're too dear, you're the first to go when things get tough. Its a luxury service for houses at end of the day, nobody wants their windows doing that much unless its a business. Thats where you're balance of work comes in.

These new lads start up now with all singing and dancing vans, charging mega prices and offer every service under the sun. They dont last two minutes.

57 minutes ago, gonzo said:

These new lads start up now with all singing and dancing vans, charging mega prices and offer every service under the sun. They dont last two minutes.

I've seen some offering to do gutters and outside paintwork. 

A decent shiner should just be cleaning windows and selling weed as a little sideline, like they've always done. No need to encroach on other trades. 

5 hours ago, Nowack said:

Doing your gutters has always been an extra. Drop all the shit on the path round the house though as that's an extra extra. 

Yeah ours offers those.

My.mum and dad's loves working so.much you can see him on one of the meat stalls at bolton Market on his Saturday. He's done his round for years.

Ive been cleaning windows since I was probably about 12-13. 25 years+ (not always full time obviously)

Ive seen 2 dead bodies.

2 couples shagging.

One gay couple naked smooching.

Countless naked people...last one was a last in bed eating crisps with her tits hanging out. One before that was a guy brushing his teeth, completely naked and singing.

Ive seen smack heads jacking up, crack heads burning up, lads in hotel rooms doing lines.

Seen affairs, caught blokes wanking on sunloungers, young lads wanking infront of mirrors.

....and thats just through the windows :)

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Ive been cleaning windows since I was probably about 12-13. 25 years+ (not always full time obviously)

Ive seen 2 dead bodies.

2 couples shagging.

Countless naked people...last one was a last in bed eating crisps with her tits hanging out. One before that was a guy brushing his teeth, completely naked and singing.

Ive seen smack heads jacking up, crack heads burning up, lads in hotel rooms doing lines.

Seen affairs, caught blokes wanking on sunloungers, young lads wanking infront of mirrors.

I could write a book, some of the things you see are unseeable, some are well worth remembering for the tales to tell

A wench in Westleigh once brewed up for me and my mate, we sat there having the brew, her fella (my cousin) sat on a chair watching channel 4 racing, it had just come out on telly, a kid around 6 years old came into the room and she grabbed hold of him and pushed him towards me saying "that's  your dad" my mate spat tea up the wall, needless to say we left quickly. This was around 1985, oh happy days😇

Edited by athywhite1958

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

Ive seen 2 dead bodies.

2 couples shagging.

Again, in a George Formby style 👍