Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Solihull Moors (H) - FA Cup R1

BeeversLeftPeg

Very comfortable & enjoyable in a relaxed kind of way.

Even allowing for Solihull being quite limited, we played some good football, Maghoma was probably the stand out & a serious option in midfield now & Bod looked fitter & was better but still well behind Charles & Vic in the pecking order.

& their no 4 was a dick, spent more time on his arse than his feet, niggling & then getting sent off when the game was over !!

Bodvarsson just looked well clear of Nlundulu, who still after 30+ matches I'm waiting for him to do something.

Happy to be proven wrong, but as of yet he looks real poor. Has an awful touch, looks nervy, can't shoot and can't score.

Bod although he's far from his pre injury form takes the ball effortlessly and links the play up well.

45 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Bodvarsson just looked well clear of Nlundulu, who still after 30+ matches I'm waiting for him to do something.

Happy to be proven wrong, but as of yet he looks real poor. Has an awful touch, looks nervy, can't shoot and can't score.

Bod although he's far from his pre injury form takes the ball effortlessly and links the play up well.

That's what I saw, good summary, the last line on Bod especially.  I've been his biggest fan but I accept he's no longer quite the player he was, he's maybe gone from an 8 out of 10 to a 7, no longer a nailed on "should be starting every game" but absolutely should be 3rd choice minimum.  Its getting a bit wierd that the smallest improvement in Dan, is greeted with a bit of "there may be a player in there".  Its coming across as just indecisive and desperate.  We could sign any number of players from up and down the country and latch onto small improvements pretending they have potential.  In comparison the much maligned Jerome looked streets ahead of him in leading the line intelligently.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Following this on Bolton News live- not mentioned any of the two forwards yet. Think they will off load Dan at Xmas

6 hours ago, Zico said:

Sky commentary on the app says he's had two shots from outside the box, one saved top corner and one hit the crossbar

Just seen the highlights 

Seems sky got Dan mixed up with Paris 

Had some dickheads sat around us. They were about 16/17 and I probably should just be able to put up with it by now but I just can't understand how they can't see that they're doing people's fucking heads in. Shouting shite repeatedly for 20 minutes solid and their mates giggle at their every utterance. It's always cup games with small crowds.