Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City (A)

mattbwfc19

23 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I never cease to be amazed when people who went away religiously seem to almost disappear overnight.

I know friendship groups change but It’s almost as though they were only there for the piss-up with their mates. 

TBF, if you were giving it the big 'un and got a pasting like Garrp did, you'd not want to show your face again.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, captainmed said:

I never cease to be amazed when people who went away religiously seem to almost disappear overnight.

I know friendship groups change but It’s almost as though they were only there for the piss-up with their mates. 

that's all I'm there for

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

How long a wait for another?

Went straight across to the next platform and got on a delayed Plymouth train. If all goes to plan (not guaranteed given we’re currently sitting in first class!) then we’ll be arriving in Exeter 50 minutes earlier than planned and duly heading to Ladbrokes to stick our mortgage on us winning tomorrow 😂 

7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Went straight across to the next platform and got on a delayed Plymouth train. If all goes to plan (not guaranteed given we’re currently sitting in first class!) then we’ll be arriving in Exeter 50 minutes earlier than planned and duly heading to Ladbrokes to stick our mortgage on us winning tomorrow 😂 

Nice one 👍

just hope the greedy train drivers don’t stay in bed tomorrow like these usually do to fuck up our trains. Messed my up with both Carlisle and Blackpool and the guy on the way back from Blackpool on the buffet bar told me it’s all down to the overpaid drivers not doing overtime and not turning up at weekends 

8 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Nice one 👍

just hope the greedy train drivers don’t stay in bed tomorrow like these usually do to fuck up our trains. Messed my up with both Carlisle and Blackpool and the guy on the way back from Blackpool on the buffet bar told me it’s all down to the overpaid drivers not doing overtime and not turning up at weekends 

Did Rishi Sunak text you that? 😂

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

If you believe they are not greedy bastards your a brainwashed lefty

So they choose not to earn overtime because they're greedy bastards? Something isn't adding up...

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

So they choose not to earn overtime because they're greedy bastards? Something isn't adding up...

The choose not to work additional hours as part of a disagreement with the TOC's. Nothing to do with the money.

The bigger issue is that the train companies have been flying by the seat of their pants for donkeys years, reliant on overtime drivers covering the weekends instead of recruiting and training enough drivers to actually cover the timetable.

One for another thread, anyway.

Stick to the game (and relevant travel updates 😂) for this thread at least 👍 

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, freds dad said:

The choose not to work additional hours as part of a disagreement with the TOC's. Nothing to do with the money.

Which they have every right to do. Do you think they should be forced to work beyond their contracted hours?

Edited by Cheese

Just now, Cheese said:

Which they have every right to do. Do you think they should be forced to work?

They should work their contracted hours and shifts.

Back to the match. 

Scrappy 2-1 victory.

7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

They choose not to work weekends and it fucks up the trains; won’t affect you though because you don’t do away games

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

They choose not to work weekends and it fucks up the trains; won’t affect you though because you don’t do away games

That's their choice. If the train companies want weekend cover, they should plan for it instead of expecting drivers to give up their free time to work beyond the contract they signed.

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The bigger issue is that the train companies have been flying by the seat of their pants for donkeys years, reliant on overtime drivers covering the weekends instead of recruiting and training enough drivers to actually cover the timetable.

One for another thread, anyway.

Stick to the game (and relevant travel updates 😂) for this thread at least 👍 

Hahaha. Brain washed lefty 

7 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Is it important if he goes to aways or not?

I think your conclusion is a tad flawed. I can understand it’s frustrating if you rely on them and but it sounds a bit fanciful to have a pop at not working overtime.

Too many train drivers wanting to see football matches at the weekend got to be  less stressful than driving a train full of happy go luck supporter on the piss

37 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Bloody buggers. Choosing to spend time with their families or on their social lives instead of carting a load of piss heads off to the football! 😁

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Bloody buggers. Choosing to spend time with their families or on their social lives instead of carting a load of piss heads off to the football! 😁

Yeah let’s not have any trains at weekends or when people need to get to work early or late during the week.

9am to 5pm Monday to Friday trains then?