Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

St David’s Day

7 hours ago, Barnstoneworth White said:

Yep, in comparison Howfen is a metropolis.

I'm sure it is bigger but St Davids seems to be no bigger than Middlebrook. For me Pembrokeshire beats Cornwall and Devon for beaches and niceness. Less folk like me clogging up the place helps as well. Going again at the end of July - K2K

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Underpants said:

I'm sure it is bigger but St Davids seems to be no bigger than Middlebrook. For me Pembrokeshire beats Cornwall and Devon for beaches and niceness. Less folk like me clogging up the place helps as well. Going again at the end of July - K2K

Fishguard is incredibly colourful, and many a pleasant walk along cliffs from beach to beach.

Did some seal watching with an impromptu mini-crowd of fellow walkers a couple of years back. Great to see them chilling out in the seaweed so close in.

3 hours ago, Underpants said:

if your Driving and in no Rush  ( i drove back this way)

Chester - Mold A459  To   Bala 

A487 To Aberystwyth 

A487 To Fishguard 

A40 to where you want to go 

About 5/6 hours 

Amazing drive 

1 minute ago, little whitt said:

A487 To Aberystwyth 

A487 To Fishguard 

About 5/6 hours 

Amazing drive 

I can be in Greece quicker with much less hassle, so it's a no from me.

1 hour ago, little whitt said:

A487 To Aberystwyth 

A487 To Fishguard 

About 5/6 hours 

Amazing drive 

I've been every year, except for the great plague year of 2020, for the past 6 years. I cut across from Newtown to Aberystwyth and down the coast. Yes it is a long drive and probably the reason folk give Pembrokeshire a miss and go to Cornwall instead. 

2 hours ago, Traf said:

I can be in Greece quicker with much less hassle, so it's a no from me.

No hassle for me.

If I want to be surrounded by lobster coloured cretins then Greece is probably one of the places I would choose. Isolation and St Ds for me. 6hrs driving is nothing. I enjoy driving and is part of my holiday.

Each to their own I spose.

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Underpants said:

No hassle for me.

If I want to be surrounded by lobster coloured cretins then Greece is probably one of the places I would choose. Isolation and St Ds for me. 6hrs driving is nothing. I enjoy driving and is part of my holiday.

Each to their own I spose.

This: although the long drive is a ball-ache, spending hours in an airport either way is no bastard fun neither.

14 hours ago, Underpants said:

If I want to be surrounded by lobster coloured cretins then Greece is probably one of the places I would choose

If you think that's all there is to Greece, then you're better off staying at home.

3 hours ago, Traf said:

If you think that's all there is to Greece, then you're better off staying at home.

Here's me thinking that the majority of Brits went to Greece for the almost guaranteed certainty of baking temperatures and to lie on their beaches. I've not met many who are attracted there just for their history and snowboarding.