Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Playoffs

L/H White

9 minutes ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

It's bollocks if it is at 5:30 as the Prem finishes on Sunday so it doesn't clash with any of those.

last game of the season for the Prem is the day after, so no idea why they changed it from 3pm to 5:30pm

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Cheese said:

We might not even get there.

aye, if there is one thing I should've learnt this season it's not to get ahead of myself

nothing wrong with a bit of forward planning though, without looking at the small print my trainline ticket insurance says that I can get a full refund in case of emergency

be reet

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

aye, if there is one thing I should've learnt this season it's not to get ahead of myself

nothing wrong with a bit of forward planning though, without looking at the small print my trainline ticket insurance says that I can get a full refund in case of emergency

be reet

Indeed. Would look a bit fucking arrogant if the club released a statement confirming the kick off time of the Play Off final before the season has even finished. Basically be gifting our semi opposition something to pin on their dressing room wall.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Indeed. Would look a bit fucking arrogant if the club released a statement confirming the kick off time of the Play Off final before the season has even finished. Basically be gifting our semi opposition something to pin on their dressing room wall.

It wouldn't 

The club could just say semi finals are at this time, final at that time 

No arrogance whatsoever 

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

It wouldn't 

The club could just say semi finals are at this time, final at that time 

No arrogance whatsoever 

I disagree, and the Club might not even know yet either. Let the authorities confirm it.

Edited by Cheese

• Members
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I disagree, and they might not even know yet either. Let the authorities confirm it.

Which they would do once it's all in place in terms of the time

At present there's a conflict in what the relevant authorities are saying and fans are picking up on it 

Once it's all sorted then say as people may read the club's website before the EFL

Edited by DirtySanchez

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

For a final less than a month away I’d expect a concrete ko time 

So would I. But it's not up to BWFC.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

So would I. But it's not up to BWFC.

That's not what you said though

You said it would be arrogant if the club confirmed the KO time ahead the season finishing 

They can't confirm that until the authorities confirm it 

So how could the club be arrogant?

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

That's not what you said though

You said it would be arrogant if the club confirmed the KO time ahead the season finishing 

They can't confirm that until the authorities confirm it 

So how could the club be arrogant?

In response to Steejay saying the club should say something...

Edited by Cheese

• Members

I'm with @Cheese on this.  If BWFC put anything out about the KO time of the final then it looks extremely arrogant and will be something screenshotted and reposted many, many times if we don't get there ... and would most definitely be pinned on the dressing room wall of whoever we play in the semi.

As things stand it isn't a fixture with any relevance to us,

However, it wouldn't do any harm for them to contact the EFL and ask them to clarify things,

Just now, DazBob said:

I'm with @Cheese on this.  If BWFC put anything out about the KO time of the final then it looks extremely arrogant and will be something screenshotted and reposted many, many times if we don't get there ... and would most definitely be pinned on the dressing room wall of whoever we play in the semi.

However, it wouldn't do any harm for them to contact the EFL and ask them to clarify things,

Remember the Sheff Wed landlady selling coach tickets to Wembley before the first leg last year, and the subsequent piss take of her after the 1st leg, followed by the subsequent pisstaking of all those Peterborough fans who had text her ahead of the 2nd leg?

EFL just need to come out and state the time. On Wembley's web page the only one of the 3 with a confirmed kick off time is the L2 final on the 19th at 1.30.

• Members
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

In response to Steejay saying the club should say something...

5 minutes ago, DazBob said:

If the club know it's 3pm say so

If the club know it's 5.30pm say so

If they don't know, say so

There's nothing arrogant there 

As along as it is done with confirming the semi final dates 

Edited by DirtySanchez

• Members
1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

And he didn't put a time frame on it

Just 

It has got nothing to do with the club.  It's not a fixture with any relevance to BWFC.

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Why would the Club release a statement saying "We don't yet know the KO time of the Play Off final we might not even be playing in"? 😁 Just let the authorities confirm it ffs. It's like people are absolutely itching to find something to moan about.

Edited by Cheese