• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd be after a proper wide right midfielder

davies aint that

elmander is as good a footballer as we have and needs to play

hes also the best finisher in the club, so needs to play

unless elmander plays as the attacking midfileder, davies hasn't got a place in the team

I thought that Davies and Elmander played up front together well against Portsmouth.

• Moderators
After this was posted I couldn't make any further posts - so the moderators can just zap you it would appear??

I thought it was all about the banter.....I'm taking my ball in now.

Too late, I've just popped it.

This thread should be called 'how long do we keep patience with Gary Megson'. Megson is not playing to SKD's strengths. Or Elmander's come to think of it. I could go on but I know I'm starting to sound like a stuck record so i won't.

But on Saturday KD was totally out of position (first half). A more efficient United side would have punished us more, they were going past him like he wasn't there.

This thread should be called 'how long do we keep patience with Gary Megson'. Megson is not playing to SKD's strengths. Or Elmander's come to think of it. I could go on but I know I'm starting to sound like a stuck record so i won't.

But on Saturday KD was totally out of position (first half). A more efficient United side would have punished us more, O'Shea was going past him like he wasn't there.

When did he last score?

Missed his kick totally against Wigan when it seemed easier to score

Very soft shot against Arsenal when it seemed easier to score

Header over the top against Man Utd when it seemed easier to score (don't care if it was offside or a goalkick the liner flagged for - that was a debate for after the ball hits the net)

I know he is being asked to play in a midfield position but this for me is because his goalscoring is poor and getting worse.

Many on here retain the SKD title but for me Kevin Davies is anything but Super.

For me, it is only injuries that is keeping him in the team.

=@ =@ =@ =@

iam with you yatesy, will never knock his commitment and effort but if we are going to play 2 up front then davies is not youre man. his finishing is dreadfull,

• Moderators
I thought that Davies and Elmander played up front together well against Portsmouth.

i thought davies played wide right

and once again, he destroyed hreidarrson, a makeshift fullback

if we can cart him around the country to play against davies, we'll be laughing

After this was posted I couldn't make any further posts - so the moderators can just zap you it would appear??

I thought it was all about the banter.....I'm taking my ball in now.

Perhaps you might fare better on www.the-wanderer.co.uk. They have a special section welcoming new members. However it does have people who ramble on too much, not got the incisive edge of WW.

Many on here retain the SKD title but for me Kevin Davies is anything but Super.

Yatesy stop talking like a f?cking arsehole. There wouldn't have been any European Tours but for Super Kevin Davies.

Are you a Bolton fan or a wind-up merchant or a nob head who doesn't know a good player when he sees one.

And if you think he should be dropped against Blackburn after the damage he did there, you have lost the plot.

Yatesy stop talking like a f?cking arsehole. There wouldn't have been any European Tours but for Super Kevin Davies.

Are you a Bolton fan or a wind-up merchant or a nob head who doesn't know a good player when he sees one.

And if you think he should be dropped against Blackburn after the damage he did there, you have lost the plot.

It's not often I say this to anyone, but Zozzy: I salute you.

Keep the faith.

Based on the that arguement I would suggest we give John McGinlay a ring. We wouldn't be where we are today without his goals in, what is now, The Championship, that got us promoted to The Premiership. :pardon:

You seem to have missed my point, Davies is a striker who Megson doesn't play as a striker. When Elmander is back in the side, who is now our first choice front man, what justification - on current form - does Davies have for a place in the team? I don't knock for one minute his commitment and hard work for the club but if he isn't scoring goals and if the manager isn't prepared to play 4-4-2 - then why are we playing an out of form striker in midfield? Because he is out of form - there should be no argument about that.

I stuck this thread on for a decent debate that wasn't linked to NewsNow transfer rumours and its good to see that we have a pretty good split of opinion.

He never had a good scoring rate for us, and I still haven't seen anyone produce figures on the amount of assists. Dioufy was top every season he was with us.....drop him, commitment obviously is better than having the ability to miss from 5 yards

He never had a good scoring rate for us, and I still haven't seen anyone produce figures on the amount of assists. Dioufy was top every season he was with us.....drop him, commitment obviously is better than having the ability to miss from 5 yards

The lad is having a bad spell, as is the team as a whole, as is a number of individual players who have had a rotton run for alot longer than SKD.

IMO it is players like Him, Mccann & Jussi that get slated on here that will be the diffrence between relegation and stoping up this season

as good as davies is with his physical presence up top, he struggles when he gets up against a rugged centre half like

hyppia

nelson

laursen

vidic

there all old fashion centre halfs who don't mind a battle,

you can add Bramble to that list :blink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.