Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Well That Was A Bit Shit

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the table says we have more points than last season, but I think that today's performance and many others this season have shown this to be the poorest Bolton side since the Championship days, IMO. I'm off to the bookies to get odds on our relegation next year.

Elmander is a disgrace to the shirt. Not only does he have a couldnt care less attitude, he's a crap player too and I dont get those who say he will get better.

Who produced those Mickey Mouse stats recently claiming to show Muamba was one of the best passers in the league? His first 6 passes today went to Sunderland and he even heads it to them. From what I have seen, Chris Basham is much better and it can only be an attempt to justify huge fees that keeps Elmander and Muamba in that line up.

Well done Cahill and Steinsson.

First half was crap. Re Muamba, yes a few passes went astray but he put in 2 fantastic tackles that prevented goals or great chances... that's his main job in this side.

Credit to Megson for the halftime change, looked much better with M Davies in the middle of the pitch. Muamba looked much better too, with him being able to just sit and do his job.

Elmander looks shattered in terms of confidence, not surprising given the flak he gets for making a mistake. He had a great run at xmas-ish, and I'm sure the goals will come, he just needs that one to kick start. Also think he looks better playing off Kev Davies, rather than on his own. Will come good next year. Drogba had a dogshit first season don't forget, and Elmander won't be the last to do so.

Overall, easily could've lost it in the first half, but easily could've won it in the second. Great save last min by their keeper, Rob Styles blowing up anytime we breathed near the keeper. M Davies and Riga both had good chances at the end too.

Not great, not bad. Point keeps us up and we've got a good solid base to build on over the summer.

all but safe though. The "money" signings Muamba and Elmander have not improved the team imo

i agree with you on both points.

Muamba will come good of that i'm certain, earlier in the season he was outstanding but at the moment he gives the ball away far too often

Dunno whats going on with ELmander but the he's not the player we saw in November.

With SKD going central and Mark Davies in midfield we looked much bnetter in the second half and should have scored

Absolute dogshit...

freebie or no freebie...i would rather of been at home cleaning the fucking car...

awful...

the thought of having to sit through that crap week in week out would be a punishment worse than genital warts...

and to see that some people still think that parts of the performance warranted some praise... :blink: :blink: the mind boggles...

only one to get a bit of praise would be Mark Davies...

Riga, Elmander... :rofl: :rofl:

I think the current state of affairs have been best sumed up by two little kids in the last two games for me. Against Wigan a kid of about 8 was leaving the ground with a huge smile singing " nil nil to the wanderers.." Def a child of Megson. Today a kid of about the same age was asleep across 2 seats infront of me..If Id been at the cinema today I'd of walked out with the level of entertainment...Unfortunately I've decided leaving early should be punishable by flogging so I've had to suffer all season

The "20" fans have again produced an unsavoury reaction from a fuming Megson. When Rob Styles went over to him to caution him for his moaning several thousand fans jokingly started to chant "off off!" This infuriated Megson similar to the Blackburn episode. He then turned to the fans behind him & muttered effin W**rs in front of many children. Megson seems to think that it is only the fans within his earshot that criticise him & that the totally negative tactics are everyone else's fault but his! He has stooped to making complaints to the police against fans who do not abuse him but merely comment on the defensive tactics. This man needs a sense of humour . I think all fans have been extremely tolerant this season but credit where it is due because he has managed to keep us up despite playing hardly any football!

Everyone bar Cahill seemed to already be on their holidays!

Was a good job Sunderland were awful in front of goal

I am currently on holiday in Gran Canaria but felt I just wasted 2 hours of it this afternoon watching that rubbish!!

Edited by farnworth white

The whole 'Off off' thing isn't remotely funny, and only serves to wind up members of the coaching and, more importantly, the playing staff in the middle of a game.

So yes, they are wankers.

The whole 'Off off' thing isn't remotely funny, and only serves to wind up members of the coaching and, more importantly, the playing staff in the middle of a game.

i though it was great =D> the sooner he does fcuk off the better

Edited by dannyc2

Guest westmidswhite
We're having a really poor end to the season, which is disappointing. Lets face it, apart from November when we picked up 12 points, the rest of the season has been relegation stuff.

Spot on there - we are lucky to be staying up and apart from a couple of games the entertainment on offer would drive the majority of fans away from the club

The sooner they get rid of this joker and replace him with someone with half a football brain the better

we are lucky to be staying up

No, we've got more points than at least 3 teams below us. That's how football works. United will win the league because they have more points than 19 below them. Over a season, teams finish where they deserve to be.

entertainment on offer would drive the majority of fans away from the club

No it wouldn't, fans are fans. Sure, the JCL's may drift away, and may well come back with a new manager, but the core 18,000 BWFC have got in every division will always be there.

The sooner they get rid of this joker and replace him with someone with half a football brain the better

His remit was to save us when he arrived. He did so. His remit for this season was to improve on last season and build the base for improvement again. He has done that. Is he the longterm answer, no I don't think so. But he's kept us up twice, this year above much bigger clubs and with a younger side. We've tried to play more passing football than anytime under Allardyce, sometimes it's come off, others it hasn't. Takes time to build a side, more than 18 months definately, and he's had to build while making sure there's enough there to keep us up.

The next manager will reap the benefits of the foundations he's laying.

Wow, in the middle of that first-half today, they ALL needed winding up - preferably with a big key ! What had the players & coaches been doing all week ?

I thought it was a mildly amusing incident, but that's neither here nor there. Megson isn't the only manager to be got at by some of his own fans - happens to some managers or other every week. The point is : he should treat it as a joke whether it was or not. Smile at the crowd, wave an imaginary card at them, laugh it off. This mutual loathing between some fans and the manager is corrosive & bad for the club. Easier for the manager to change his responses than for the club to try to change the minds of a few hundred anonymous people in the crowd, surely.

More important to me were the 10-15 minutes leading up to that. Why was it necessary for Steinsson to have several chats with Megson ? Why was Muamba looking at Megson ? Surely the players hadn't forgotten the match plan (whatever that was) 20 minutes into a home game after a week's preparation.

The whole game baffled me.

And, yes, it was a LOT sh*t.

Absolute dogshit...

freebie or no freebie...i would rather of been at home cleaning the fucking car...

awful...

the thought of having to sit through that crap week in week out would be a punishment worse than genital warts...

and to see that some people still think that parts of the performance warranted some praise... :blink: :blink: the mind boggles...

only one to get a bit of praise would be Mark Davies...

Riga, Elmander... :rofl: :rofl:

correct fella,

that first 45 mins were awfull,

problem is, its gettin more and more often,

unless theirs a big improvement or some new faces in the summer its a long hard slog next year.

Fucking disgraceful. Megson just fuck off you boring, negative bastard. Guess that must make me a wanker. I refuse to keep renewing my season ticket to watch the dross that is on offer every week. This guy would take 38 nil nil draws if he was told at the start of the season it would guarantee safety.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.