Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Window - In And Out

It was in the Mirror before GM got sacked, then it was in the Mirror that the deal was on hold and finally Nixon was on the Burnley messageboard the other night telling Burnley fans exactly what was happening with the Coyle situation and the fact that Burnley has messed up, he said then that Guti would be Coyle's first signing. If we can land him on loan then i think it would be a good move.

Vaz Te, Shittu and Elmander can all go for me.

Not sure if Wenger would let Wilshire come to us on loan but he would be good. We where linked with that massive striker from Austria who has scored about 40 goals, he looked good on paper.

Would anyone be interested in Beattie? Would OC?

You got a link to that thread?

O Hara, Babel, would be decent additions

IMO he is nothing special and seen as Birmingham have had a ?10m bid turned down I don't think there's much chance of us going there.

I like the shout of O'Hara though, impressed me when I've seen him play (admittedly not that much) and would be available on loan, Wilshere is another that I would like to see here as he is a very talented footballer, however he would be a massive risk if we are planning on playing him regularly due to his age and size.

As for Beckford, I know he has his critics (many seem to be on here) but for ?2.5m I would be happy to see him sign for us. Is there a better young, English striker in the lower leagues with more potential to make it in the Premiership?

I know many say that he couldn't cut it in the Premiership, he misses too many chances, he has a poor attitude etc. But in answer to those, he is scoring goals for fun (granted in a lower league but you can only score against who you are playing, and he scored against the Munichs :good: ), I have a feeling the whole attitude thing may be due to the fact he feels he is far too good for the league and he wants a bigger challenge, and nobody will know whether he can cut it in the Premiership until he is given the chance, personally I think it is a risk that should be taken.

On top of those, a centre back is clearly needed and fast.

Any signings, or players let go should be a good indication on how OC is going to have us play.

Guest Frandsen08

i'd rather sign klasnic permanently than beckford.

we deffo need a centre half. but i cant think of a realistic target

It was in the Mirror before GM got sacked, then it was in the Mirror that the deal was on hold and finally Nixon was on the Burnley messageboard the other night telling Burnley fans exactly what was happening with the Coyle situation and the fact that Burnley has messed up, he said then that Guti would be Coyle's first signing. If we can land him on loan then i think it would be a good move.

Vaz Te, Shittu and Elmander can all go for me.

Not sure if Wenger would let Wilshire come to us on loan but he would be good. We where linked with that massive striker from Austria who has scored about 40 goals, he looked good on paper.

Would anyone be interested in Beattie? Would OC?

heard beattie will be swapped with jason roberts after the headbutt incident with pulis

If Coyle plans on two up front we will need 4 decent strikers. I would be chuffed with K Davies, Klasnic, Beckford and Nugent if we could manage to sign the latter 3. I would sell Elmander at the end of season if he gets another chance and still proves incapable.

• Site Supporter
If Coyle plans on two up front we will need 4 decent strikers. I would be chuffed with K Davies, Klasnic, Beckford and Nugent if we could manage to sign the latter 3. I would sell Elmander at the end of season if he gets another chance and still proves incapable.

after watching cov last night, both eastwood and best look far better players than beckford.

O Hara would be dificult to sign as special authorisation is needed to play from three premeir league clubs in a season

Caldwell (Gary) is quite similar to Gary Cahill on the rare times of seen him

Matt Kilgallen has rejected Burnley but they did look into signing him whilst Coyle was in Charge

i'll be quite controversial here and i'de keep elmander and sell kevin davies if coyle was to play 2 upfront as i dont think davies's game is suited to 2upfront.

after watching cov last night, both eastwood and best look far better players than beckford.

Eastwood was bloody awful last night, he didn't know whether he was going for a shite or a haircut when he was out wide and when he was in the middle he just fell over. The only decent player Cov had was the goalie and we've got 2 better already.

• Site Supporter
Eastwood was bloody awful last night, he didn't know whether he was going for a shite or a haircut when he was out wide and when he was in the middle he just fell over. The only decent player Cov had was the goalie and we've got 2 better already.

you must have been watching a different game to me then.

he was a striker playing on the right wing and although did not nothing spectacular, he did was neat and tidy on the ball, rarely gavy possession away and worked very hard for the team.

you must have been watching a different game to me then.

he was a striker playing on the right wing and although did not nothing spectacular, he did was neat and tidy on the ball, rarely gavy possession away and worked very hard for the team.

Is that you Gary? :rofl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.