Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Car Insurance

The misses is trying to get car insurance but all quotes are over ?800.

Who are you guys insured with? Who could you recommend as cheap?

Not really bothered of the level of cover or excess just want to be road legal for the lest possible amount!

Thanks in advance.

The misses is trying to get car insurance but all quotes are over ?800.

Who are you guys insured with? Who could you recommend as cheap?

Not really bothered of the level of cover or excess just want to be road legal for the lest possible amount!

Thanks in advance.

Hope this helps matey.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/compare-cheap-car-insurance

• Site Supporter

http://www.tescofinance.com/personal/finance/insurance/carins/index.jsp?atlassource=paid

Try these, even if they don't come up as cheaper on the comparison websites, I rang them direct and got my insurance for ?200 cheaper than the next nearest and ?250 cheaper than quoted on the comparison and their own site, with few extras thrown in too, courtesy cars and breakdown cover being two of them.

My wife has been looking for car insurance and was told the price hike is down to the claim scams in Bolton when folk where slamming their brakes on and claiming off the car that hit the back of them and now it's a high risk area.

Wasn't there a spree on the A6 when some idiot got caught slamming on at a round-about? Think he got sent down.

• Site Supporter

Don't believe those GoCompare type sites, when you ring around for actual quotes you soon realise they are talking bollox.

Swift cover are usually cheapest I've found.

And I've had good service off 'em after an accident

Last five years I've flicked with Bell, Admiral, Elephant, who are all part of the Admiral Group

Make sure you do the following

Keep the annual mileage low

Social travel only

Add a second named driver such as a housewife with a full 5 years no claims

Tell them you have access/or drive another car

Bobs yer uncle

Use all 3 price comparison websites, Go Compare, compare the meerkat and Confused.com, this will give you an idea of which insurance companies/brokers are the cheapest for your requirements, DO NOT buy the policy through the price compariosn site, reason being is that built into the price is commission of between 15 and 20%

Now for say the 3 cheapest ring them direct or better still go directly onto there own website, thus bypassing the price comparison site and when they ask what your cheapest quote is, knock 50 quid off before telling them

• Site Supporter

our mavies is with sheals wheels cheep as chips for flat dicks

very true...

the missus is with them and its nearly HALF the price of norwich union, who where the next closest when compared.

Edited by HomerJay

I'm with Co-operative , have been for years.

Very fast at settling claims,when my car was stolen , they settled the claim within a couple of weeks.

What's also great is you can get break down cover for just ?5 per month!

link

Edited by Alien3

i work for coop, boltons a shit rating area unfortunately. Add a spouse on even if they dont drive it that often would be my top tip, can bring the price down a fair bit.

Also as said before its usually cheaper direct on their website than on the aggregators so do that. Most cases give em a ring as well, i think every company except us has some sort of price flex or matching so do the web quote then ring saying X are still ?20 cheaper like for like is there owt else you can do. Some wont budge but its worth a try.

Got mine down from Mercedes direct quoted renewal price of ?887 to a cheap (!) ?518 from express insurance. Exactly the same except with this I don't get the services of a trained physiotherapist chucked in for free like I do with Mercedes.

To be honest I'd never noticed until I rang them and said 'ey up, get your prices down'. It's obviously a Mercedes thing where they employ vestral virgins to polish grapes on their thighs before feeding them to you whilst you recline in a bath of warm goats cheese. At your expense, but 'included'.

Think I'll stick with the protected NCD, breakdown cover and zero excess for ?369 a year less......

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.