Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spurs 1 Wanderers 0

The last two years the Gilpin Bell has had bouncers on stopping away fans.

Last year I just covered the 'Away Supporter' section with my thumb and the thick c*nts let us in. I was even wearing my team shirt!

Guest bwfcdan

There will be about 800 of us i reckon. Along with the Everton and Liverpool this is my worst away trip of the season. Not a fan. The pub we go in is pretty decent though...

its 03:39am and im going to spurs in two and a half hours.this is not a healthy situation to be in.shall i go to bed? or shall i drink through? 24 hoursbender to spurs on the cards.oh hell.

its 03:39am and im going to spurs in two and a half hours.this is not a healthy situation to be in.shall i go to bed? or shall i drink through? 24 hoursbender to spurs on the cards.oh hell.

made it through! first tin at 9am.great day.got to take my hat off to their atmosphere,best in prem i reckon.

im also rather drunk now.

made it through! first tin at 9am.great day.got to take my hat off to their atmosphere,best in prem i reckon.

im also rather drunk now.

I said the same to my brother about the atmosphere and I have thought that the last few times, particularly the end next to us.

Also rather drunk :good:

Back from Tottingham - & a good fighting performance.

Steinsson & Robinson both did a good job against dangerous wingers, Cahill played well & used the ball well & IMO Knight defended superbly ( but didn't always use the ball well ) With Muamba doing his usual good job , the defenders played well individually & at last, looked quite solid as a unit against a strong attacking side. I can accept it was a good goal against us - so no blame.

Less good was Klasnic -piss poor. I doubt Coyle was impressed & Elmander looked a better ,fitter & more committed player.

Steinsson & Robinson both did a good job against dangerous wingers, Cahill played well & used the ball well & IMO Knight defended superbly ( but didn't always use the ball well ) With Muamba doing his usual good job , the defenders played well individually & at last, looked quite solid as a unit against a strong attacking side. I can accept it was a good goal against us - so no blame.

Less good was Klasnic -piss poor. I doubt Coyle was impressed & Elmander looked a better ,fitter & more committed player.

We knew from the Cup replay that Bale down the left was their main attacking threat. Therefore I can't for the life of me understand playing Weiss who basically couldn't tackle a decent dinner. I would hvae played one of our own like Basham if I wanted to learn for next season.

Agree with most of that apart from Elmander who runs aimlessly and complete useless with the ball. Davies, Weiss and Taylor had poor games also.

I was in a box diagonally across from our fans; looked around 600 which was an improvement from the cup turnout. Apart from a Liverpool fan the other 8 in our box where all keen spurs fans. Would have loved it if we had spoiled their party.

Thats it for me this season; world cup to look forward to now then another premiership season. Hope we get some fire power in the window and a couple of attacking midfield players. Next season lets fill those bums on seats

We knew from the Cup replay that Bale down the left was their main attacking threat. Therefore I can't for the life of me understand playing Weiss who basically couldn't tackle a decent dinner. I would hvae played one of our own like Basham if I wanted to learn for next season.

He played Weiss as he is trying to give Chungy a rest before the world cup, after not having had a close season last year

Re: Basham, Why would you play someone who is at best just coming back fromj injury?

Injuries

He played Weiss as he is trying to give Chungy a rest before the world cup, after not having had a close season last year

Re: Basham, Why would you play someone who is at best just coming back fromj injury?

Injuries

Because he could tackle, read elsewhere that Basham was fit, but it could have been anyone. Going into an away game with Weiss in the team is like starting with 10 men.

It's not difficult to see how Burnley broke the Premier League record of away defeats (17) with Coyle as manager for half the season.

Not sure if it's been posted before but I thought it was a nice touch when Robbo shook the ballboy's hand after he ran onto the pitch and touched the ball.

I would have hoofed the little twat up in the air personally. :dribble:

Edited by Zulu

Not sure if it's been posted before but I thought it was a nice touch when Robbo shook the ballboy's hand after he ran onto the pitch and touched the ball.

I would have hoofed the little twat up in the air personally. :dribble:

who, the ball boy or Robbo?

Edited by Gonk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.