Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England V Algeria

Didledee

Friday 18th June: ITV 19.30 Kick off.

I'm very confident we will win, I know Switzerland have proved that we can expect the unexpected. But hopefully we can put the Robert Green mistake behind us and get 3 vital points. Capello has already said G.Barry will start, so it looks like we will have a different 1st team than what started against USA.

ENG.png2-0 ALG.png

Soccer-Ball-icon.png Rooney

Soccer-Ball-icon.png Lampard

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

Comfortbale 3-0 win

Green

Johnson

Carragher

Terry

Cole

Lennon

Barry

Lamps

Gerrard

Cole

Rooney

Same players for me also, except I would rather it be Hart or James in goal,didn't want Green to play against USA, never rated him and his mistake may have cost him, however Capello might not want to dent his confidence fully so I wouldn't be surprised to see him start, and he will get my support if he does.

James/Hart

Johnson-Carragher-Terry-A.Cole

Barry

Lennon--Lampard--Gerrard--J.Cole

Rooney

If that useless piece of shite Heskey plays then I have bad vibes. Were already two defenders down and the other two Upson and Carragher couldn`t stop a pig in a ginnel. Capello has taken the team backwards.

He's taken us forward from McClaren, Heskey isn't a world beater and hasn't done anything at club level to warrant a start, but he didn't let England down in the qualifiers and let others play their game. Against USA he did miss a 1 on 1 , but he played ok, he also got an assist for Gerrard. I would rather see Crouch or Defoe, but I think heskey gets a lot of stick when he actually doesn't do to bad when he plays for England.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

If that useless piece of shite Heskey plays then I have bad vibes. Were already two defenders down and the other two Upson and Carragher couldn`t stop a pig in a ginnel. Capello has taken the team backwards.

Aye qualifying with ease from a tricky group, beating Croatia twice with an aggregate score of 9-2, although after a dissapointing 1-1 draw with a decent USA side he's taken us backwards and we're shit.

Fuck me i wouldn't want to rely on you when push came to shove.

• Moderators

Aye qualifying with ease from a tricky group, beating Croatia twice with an aggregate score of 9-2, although after a dissapointing 1-1 draw with a decent USA side he's taken us backwards and we're shit.

not panicing yet

BUT

the first game had Sven written all over it and did suggest we hadn't actually progressed once it matters now we're actually at the WC

the gerrard/lampard in the middle scenario, playing unfit milner on the left, replacing with SWP, ending the game with carragher at centre half, starting with a player who hadn't started since March

all these don't bode too well if you're trying to suggest he's taken us forward as you'd have expected when he was appointed - he was meant to be no nonsense and capable of tough decisions? he bottled it and got it wrong

fortunatly it was the first game and the next 2 are easy

he's got to get it right in the next 2 if we are to get anywhere near the final

the bit I highlighted in bold is incredibly generous

Sorry, Frank but after Capello taking us a big step forward during the first 18 months of his reign, playing good international passing football, it seems to have gone backwards in the last 6 months. Maybe that's what Beckenbauer meant too.

Anyway, let's see if they can get going against Algeria .....

Same players for me also, except I would rather it be Hart or James in goal,didn't want Green to play against USA, never rated him and his mistake may have cost him, however Capello might not want to dent his confidence fully so I wouldn't be surprised to see him start, and he will get my support if he does.

James/Hart

Johnson-Carragher-Terry-A.Cole

Barry

Lennon--Lampard--Gerrard--J.Cole

Rooney

What do people see in Lennon :nea:

• Members

We'll fcuking pan em. Defoes and Rooneys mobility will be too much for Bougherra (much as I rate him). Minimum 2-0 but could see us scoring 3 or 4.

Can't believe folk are slating Capello. Too many instant gratification types around these days. The World Cup is most often won by slow starters who improve as the competition progresses. If we don't show a marked improvement against Algeria and Slovenia (note - many are underestimating that well organised USA team who will give others problems) I'll tip me hat to the negheads and say I was wrong.

Sorry, Frank but after Capello taking us a big step forward during the first 18 months of his reign, playing good international passing football, it seems to have gone backwards in the last 6 months. Maybe that's what Beckenbauer meant too.

Anyway, let's see if they can get going against Algeria .....

in the last 6 months we've played 4 games and won two games 3-1, one 2-1 win and drew with the yanks.

I'd be delighted wih those kind of results for bolton

With this side we'll shit 'em -

James

Johnson Carra Terry A.Cole

Barry

Lennon Lampard Gerrard J.Cole

Rooney

If Cappello plays this side we'll struggle our way to a narrow nervy victory -

Green

Barry

Lennon Lamps Gerrard

Heskey Rooney

Edited by Burndens Bogs

With this side we'll shit 'em -

James

Barry

Lennon Lampard Gerrard J.Cole

Rooney

If Cappello plays this side we'll struggle our way to a narrow nervy victory -

Green

Barry

Lennon Lamps Gerrard

Heskey Rooney

I'd fully agree with that team to start tonight.

4-0 England.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.