Osasuna

• Moderators

were alreet for an hour, then the mass subs killed it

petrov will get folk off their seats

elmanders goal was a good un...in fact they both were

2 davies assists

guess crowd was between 3 and 4

• Site Supporter

my 14yr old who has just come in from the match and blurted out the following quote, make of it what you will:

you could sit any where you liked, Elmanders goal was a cracker, Lee scored with his head, blaked looked ok, had a good shot.Alonso looks good moving with the ball, dont think davies will get back in, he will go with Klasnic and Elmander, if we play like that all season we'll be in the UEFA cup, did you see Pakistan were bowled out for 78?"

then he left the room and has added nothing further to his match report.

knight was injured for tonights game and cahill went off with a wrist injury. i hope they're both ok for the opener against fulham.

wouldn't feel confident with a CB partnership of AOB and ricketts!!!

other than that a good nights football. some good play, particularly in the first half.

• Site Supporter

my 14yr old who has just come in from the match and blurted out the following quote, make of it what you will:

you could sit any where you liked, Elmanders goal was a cracker, Lee scored with his head, blaked looked ok, had a good shot.Alonso looks good moving with the ball, dont think davies will get back in, he will go with Klasnic and Elmander, if we play like that all season we'll be in the UEFA cup, did you see Pakistan were bowled out for 78?"

then he left the room and has added nothing further to his match report.

I hope you told him it was 72

Now I thought Alonso looked very promising.

I wish Davies & Elmander didn't look as though a bag of cement would bounce away from them, though they both did some good things too - not least Elmander's well taken goal.

Petrov looks exciting. Blake looks very useful off the bench. Lee looks as though he's just warming up. Holden did a lot of neat midfield work. Some others looked a bit rusty yet.

Promising for an hour, before the mass substitutions.

were alreet for an hour, then the mass subs killed it

petrov will get folk off their seats

elmanders goal was a good un...in fact they both were

2 davies assists

guess crowd was between 3 and 4

Bout reet that,i enjoyed it last nightwink.gif

Oh, 4847 were on

• Site Supporter

Adam Bogdan is the gingerest person ever, he should never wear orange again.

Elmander's goal was an unconfident shin that rolled into the net for me.

Maybe the unconfident shin-in may be the catalyst to ignite the goal machine.. :whistle:

Overall very impressive. started 442. Holden could well be the perfect partner for muamba. Always demanded the ball and came deep for it, also was willing to put in a few tackles.

However, the style of play has definatly not changed. First goal was direct to davies, flick on. The majority of the first half was direct to davies looking for the flick on. Very few times we would look to pass it about, but when we did, we looked like a good team. Also, Any attacking play on the floor was generally created by petrov himself as he would pick up a loose ball and then run at the right back.

Lee didnt really get in the game, but he got his goal and looked tidy if he did touch the ball. I fear that if petrov plays very high up, when playing 442, lee is going to have to sacrifice attaking and be more defensive minded in orded to accomodate petrov. If petrov gets plenty of goals and assists then this is fine, but up against a solid right back and we may be struglling.

Andy obrien was fantastic, won lots of headers, made some great blocks. Couldnt of asked for anything more. The last thing i would be doing is selling him. If cahill of knight do get injured he must be first choice replacement, ahead of ricketts.

Blake could also be another excellent signing. Looks tidy in possession, creative, tried bringing others into the game. Definatly cant play on his own upfront as he is consistently wandering the pitch, but could work alongside elmander or davies upfront.

Dont know where this criticism of alonso came from. Considering he was hardly tested i cant see how we can question his postioning. He also looked to get forward and run when he got the chance.

Our strength in numbers is very impressive. We can now field two very strong teams.

Good to see Sean Davis and JOB back too. Thought they both looked in fairly good nick. I did notice Joey O'Brien has taken to wearing his shorts half way up his chest which makes him look like he's got 5 feet of legs and 1 foot of body however. Alonso got caught a good few times, but lets not judge him just yet. Did anybody else think Petrov's touch was poor last night? Especially early doors. Having said that he's much quicker than I remember. Good to see Elmander getting some vocal backing from the crowd. As part of a new Reebok experiment into the effects of actually trying to raise the confidence of a player instead of getting on his back. Surely, it'll never catch on? Jussi made a couple of terrific saves and Bogdan did well. Holden and Muamba looked impressive. Bar the goal, Lee was quiet. Osasuna fans soft as shite, I personally offered to fight their entire away end and no takers. Grrrrr!

Adam Bogdan is the gingerest person ever, he should never wear orange again.

Elmander's goal was an unconfident shin that rolled into the net for me.

I thought it was good, I posted some highlights asseen above, and made this.

elmandervosasunanew.gif

Great performance and win for the whites last night.

Think the team that started could be the team against Fulham.May play Klasnic instead of Johan.

Great first game for junior fbat as a ball assistant as well.Opta stats say 4 touches of the ball.

She said she had a little chat with Elmander and had an argument with a gate :tongue:

Overall very impressive. started 442. Holden could well be the perfect partner for muamba. Always demanded the ball and came deep for it, also was willing to put in a few tackles.

However, the style of play has definatly not changed. First goal was direct to davies, flick on. The majority of the first half was direct to davies looking for the flick on. Very few times we would look to pass it about, but when we did, we looked like a good team. Also, Any attacking play on the floor was generally created by petrov himself as he would pick up a loose ball and then run at the right back.

Lee didnt really get in the game, but he got his goal and looked tidy if he did touch the ball. I fear that if petrov plays very high up, when playing 442, lee is going to have to sacrifice attaking and be more defensive minded in orded to accomodate petrov. If petrov gets plenty of goals and assists then this is fine, but up against a solid right back and we may be struglling.

Andy obrien was fantastic, won lots of headers, made some great blocks. Couldnt of asked for anything more. The last thing i would be doing is selling him. If cahill of knight do get injured he must be first choice replacement, ahead of ricketts.

Blake could also be another excellent signing. Looks tidy in possession, creative, tried bringing others into the game. Definatly cant play on his own upfront as he is consistently wandering the pitch, but could work alongside elmander or davies upfront.

Dont know where this criticism of alonso came from. Considering he was hardly tested i cant see how we can question his postioning. He also looked to get forward and run when he got the chance.

Our strength in numbers is very impressive. We can now field two very strong teams.

It was from Homer, and can therefore be disregarded

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.