Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

• Moderators

I heard Bob Mortimer recommend two films this week. 'A Room for Romeo Brown' and 'Barbara'. I think he's a genius so I'm going to give them a look!

Do you mean Romeo brass,Shane meadows?

It's ok, but not a patch on dead mans shoes

Turing my TV on late at night as a kid and seeing Akira was one of the most disturbing things that happened to me as a nipper.

I do like a bit of Manga though and some of the Gibli studio stuff (if that's not manga?!)

Manga is the books, anime is the films/tv. Anime is basically any Japanese animation.

Gibli films are amongst some of my all time favourites. Mini Me love My Neighbour Totoro and Ponyo.

See enzo sorted it

Point stands, try dead man's shoes

Saw a clip of DMS the other week. It was enough to make me want to watch it. Although the main character was brilliant played I couldn't help but feel it was only that that was keeping me watching it. Although not a shit film it was a bit of a let down if I'm honest.

Manga is the books, anime is the films/tv. Anime is basically any Japanese animation.

Gibli films are amongst some of my all time favourites. Mini Me love My Neighbour Totoro and Ponyo.

Ah so!  :) 

Never read comics to be fair but like the anime.  Totoro and Howel's Moving Castle are ace

Saw a clip of DMS the other week. It was enough to make me want to watch it. Although the main character was brilliant played I couldn't help but feel it was only that that was keeping me watching it. Although not a shit film it was a bit of a let down if I'm honest.

It wasn't great.

Some of the anime TV series in recent years such as Death Note and Attack On Titan have been fantastic.

Aye Attack on Titan was good but, as ever with anime, weird as fook :)

Ajin Demi-Human on Netfilx was good too.  Will look out for Death Note

Aye Attack on Titan was good but, as ever with anime, weird as fook :)

Ajin Demi-Human on Netfilx was good too. Will look out for Death Note

Death Note is getting the Ghost in the Shell treatment from netflix.

Love action remake with barely a Japanese bod in sight.

I did enjoy Ajin, Black Butler is another good series worth checking out.

Japanese stuff can get a bit bonkers and shouty at times but still very entertaining and they love a plot twist or 27.

• Moderators

Death Note is getting the Ghost in the Shell treatment from netflix.

Love action remake with barely a Japanese bod in sight.

saw the faux outrage on social media re: ghost in the shell, but don't see the big deal about it to be honest

hollywood could've remade it but without a big name in the lead role and a jap instead, but it wouldn't have sold (to producers, or the public, relatively speaking)

unless you know of a big name japanese actress to rival scarlett johansen

don't get me wrong, I like asian cinema, that said i've the seen the film for attack of titan, it wasn't that good

saw the faux outrage on social media re: ghost in the shell, but don't see the big deal about it to be honest

hollywood could've remade it but without a big name in the lead role and a jap instead, but it wouldn't have sold (to producers, or the public, relatively speaking)

unless you know of a big name japanese actress to rival scarlett johansen

don't get me wrong, I like asian cinema, that said i've the seen the film for attack of titan, it wasn't that good

With Scarlet Johansson as the lead and a decent ammount of Japanese bods cast I'd have been happier.

It's like having a film set in lagos without any black people