Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bwsa

globaldiver

which ones and why ?

Fair point, Now what about some realistic ideas like

Creating a 'lever end' (north upper tier) get the young kids in (they have a season ticket for 45 quid for fucks sake, what more can they do? ), the singers (I don't know what you mean, but I have a feeling I'll not like it), make it affordable for anyone (the price of going to the pictures) charge ?8 youth ?13 adult (not feasible to retain so a pointless arguement), did anyone notice the atmosphere on Saturday when the upper tier was full in the away end (I care not about the way end being full), because the singing supporters are closer to the roof, the noise bounces back down and creates an unbelievable sound, reminiscent of Burnden!(I know little about acoustics but know it won't be anything like Burnden)Make the corners family areas, with the ticket packages to fill them ie ?15 adult (why corners?Also, as previously said, the club have bent over backwards already for families)Make the upper tiers on the east and west ?22 adult with the lower tier ?28

Make away end ?18 adult ?8 junior, no better atmosphere when the away end is full, plus clubs will feel obliged to reduce the price of the return fixture, making it cheaper for us! (It won't make it cheaper for us, don't be naive, and again, I care not about the away end)Gate areas around the concourse outside the exits for smokers to go at half time! (Not practical & it's a game of football not a beer garden)Bring in better Beer Company, at affordable prices (A better beer company? Like who? They're multinational aren't they? The beer isn't astronomically priced)These are all doable, I suppose you can pick holes with everything, but there are a thousand things we as supporters can come up with to make the experience better !

Oh well then, everything that needs doing has been done, don't know why I'm bothering?

wish I'd have spoke to you 6mths ago!

You asked a question as to why I didn't think your ideas were great. I replied with my views. Being sarcastic isn't really connecting with other supporters view of the club.

Good luck to you. I just don't think your ideas are practical or doable & some have already been attempted.

Edited by no balls

You asked a question as to why I didn't think your ideas were great. I replied with my views. Being sarcastic isn't really connecting with other supporters view of the club.

Good luck to you. I just don't think your ideas are practical or doable & some have already been attempted.

I was being sarcastic because your main reason for not implementing the changes wasn't because you had alternative ideas yourself but because they've already been tried or tested?

All the things I pointed out where not my ideas, they are already in place in the bundesliga, and are very successful with full houses across the board and brilliant atmospheres in grounds and clubs not too dissimilar to ours

!

family areas in the corners?

did you go on saturday?

Perhaps it would keep the nobheads apart, a child wall

I hear what he is saying, but it feels like deja vu .

Would it really mean more people would attend? Is that the sole aim of this venture?

If so, would revenues be reduced?

• Moderators

BWSC - Good luck with your mission. My advice if you want to have a say in a football club would be to go and support a non-league club. BWFC wont be interested in what you have to say.

Wasting your time!

Thought about this and I think fans should engage with the club, I feel that our discussions with the club initially fell on deaf ears, however since quite a few of our ideas were taken forward. Fans moan that BWFC never listen yet when the club show an olive branch they react by throwing it back. If the club is to.re-engage with its fans, we must listen, it is important for continued success and growth that fans feel respected and listened to and even more important that areas and communities feel that BWFC care about there communitity and build lasting links.

Thought about this and I think fans should engage with the club, I feel that our discussions with the club initially fell on deaf ears, however since quite a few of our ideas were taken forward. Fans moan that BWFC never listen yet when the club show an olive branch they react by throwing it back. If the club is to.re-engage with its fans, we must listen, it is important for continued success and growth that fans feel respected and listened to and even more important that areas and communities feel that BWFC care about there communitity and build lasting links.

See i don't think the club is as distant from the fans as people like to make out.

The appointment of Zico, Fanzone, the ammount of good causes they send the 1st team players to visit, the Q&A with OC anfd Fat Phil etc etc.

Also for the club to be such strong promoters of the quit smoking mantra, to then spend money creating areas where people can infect themselves with cancer seems a touch hypocritical.

The only way BWFC will move forward is to cater for everyone. Talking of catering, sack the company responsible for the worst service I've ever experienced at any football ground. It is dreadful under the stands :(

see I've never had any problems.

Me: 'please can i have a meat and potatoe pie and a pint of bitter

Somalian behind the counter: 'here you go thats ?5.60 (or whatever it costs)'

Me: 'here you go'

Somalian: 'Thank you'

Me: 'cheers'

job done.

• Site Supporter

From what I've read (skipped through) up to now:

Singing stands have been done. It didn't work two seasons ago, it won't work next year. People are creatures of habit. Once they have found an area in which to sit, chat occasionally to the folk around you, etc. they're loathe to change. I tried the NSL when it was going to save me a few quid two seasons ago. It was crap. A view from behind the goals, dickhead family behind me who I spent most of the early games laughing at but as the season wore on it became tedious to the point I wanted to hit one of them.

Explaining to the powers-that-be at BWFC that reducing the entrance prices will increase the crowds and hence also increase the revenue behind the food/drink counters would be good.

I'm not sure about the reduced beer prices. I'm not sure a few thousand pissed up supporters is the future.

The idea of having a family area in the corner of each stand could work. It certainly is an embarrasment at the moment. I sit in the corner of WSL near to the away supporters. The only game it gets busy there is ManU. Wonder where all the extra support comes from!

Smokers are acommodated at other grounds I've visited; Burnley, Wolves and WBA. A small fenced off area in each corner could be built fairly inexpensively.

The point regarding the atmosphere when the away end is full is a strange one. Teams that fill the away end; Everton, Liverpool, Ciddeh, Stoke and ManU have a large repertoire of chants and songs that all the supporters know and join in with. Bolton have "We are the one and only Wan-der-ers!" Owen Coyle's Super White Army!" and that's pretty much it. At Burnden there was never a better feeling than when every stand joined in with "Oh when the whites go marching in." (Even the Wing Stand!) Leaving a ground that had areas where kids could stand and have such songs passed from generation to generation.

• Moderators

I can understand why people on here would be sceptical of anything the club might suggest, but I'm gobsmacked at the negativity towards this venture from so many!

We're supporters just like you, we have the same apprehensions and misgivings when dealing with the club and the official supporters club, but the only way we feel we can change things is if we all come together and change from within!

You are wasting your time, not only for the reasons already stated but as it's fairly transparent that you aren't the person to head up this kind of all singing, all dancing organisation. Youthful enthusiasm is one thing, actual cold, hard business experience is another.

As I see it, people don't really want to unite, those with families seem happy to be getting in cheap as chips, and when Stoke come charging round the corner that's what they are mainly met with - families.

Lads who want the old times back want different things again - cheap ale, less coppers, less Nazi stewards and oddly tend to disagree with the kindergarten atmosphere BWFC have cultivated.

I've yet to see a compelling, or indeed any, reason why we should unite under the umbrella of your organisation. You try to pass of your ideas as fact without presenting any evidence, those of us who have responsibility in the real world are used to wading through bullshit and your posts so far have been loaded with it. I'd suggest going away, running a successful business for 20 years and then coming back when you understand the issues in hand.

In the meantime, you could pass on my thoughts to BWSA - they are a bunch of cunts.

see I've never had any problems.

Me: 'please can i have a meat and potatoe pie and a pint of bitter

Somalian behind the counter: 'here you go thats ?5.60 (or whatever it costs)'

Me: 'here you go'

Somalian: 'Thank you'

Me: 'cheers'

job done.

[/quo

They are rubbish at serving and proper food at a proper price = sales

They are rubbish at serving and proper food at a proper price = sales

Why do we need proper food? It's a 90 minute match. If people can't go that long without needing haute cuisine then I think they have issues.

Though I agree some of the staff are pisspoor. One short changed me on Saturday & really didn't seem to understand our currency when I pointed it out to him.

Maybe they're better in NS, Frank.

BWSA......

You need to be getting to grips with the key issues. The folk who pay through the nose, not those scruffs who get in for tuppence and let their kids run around wiping snot everywhere.

Do you know I can only buy a glass of Ros? in the Lion of Vienna Suite if a bottle is already 'open'.

How one becomes open in the first place is a big secret, but they refuse to open a bottle even though they have them in the fridge.

Shocking....

Sort it out boy.

good.gif

• Site Supporter

BWSA......

You need to be getting to grips with the key issues. The folk who pay through the nose, not those scruffs who get in for tuppence and let their kids run around wiping snot everywhere.

Do you know I can only buy a glass of Ros? in the Lion of Vienna Suite if a bottle is already 'open'.

How one becomes open in the first place is a big secret, but they refuse to open a bottle even though they have them in the fridge.

Shocking....

Sort it out boy.

good.gif

That made me laugh. Have you tried asking how the bottle first gets opened?

• Site Supporter

It's quite obvious that the corners of both upper and lower tiers are the least popular. How about making them a lot cheaper then? OK, you might get folk going for the cheap option and trying to sit in a seat towards the middle but, to be honest, so what? He runs the risk of being in a seat and being asked to move back to his own seat.

It's quite obvious that the corners of both upper and lower tiers are the least popular. How about making them a lot cheaper then? OK, you might get folk going for the cheap option and trying to sit in a seat towards the middle but, to be honest, so what? He runs the risk of being in a seat and being asked to move back to his own seat.

So what? I think you've got a possible riot and an excuse for the Orange men to wade in. So the scenario is someone who's got a cheapo ticket sits in a season ticket holders seat. The season ticket holder says, erm, I sit there mate. The cheapo says, so what fuck off - Mele?! Pile in!

Nar, Micky.

I went to the fans forum with Gartside and Coyle at the beginning of the season. Obviously the issue of filling the Reebok on a regular basis came up on more than one occassion. PG looked fairly exasperated and said the club have tried every concievable combination they can think of to get people through the turnstiles and none of them have made a significant impact on numbers. At the end of the day - the club can only do so much with ticket offers and so on. It's the town that needs to take a long hard look at itself. A lot of people are apathetic which is a sad state of affairs. Personally, I think the club do a decent job of making ticket prices pretty accessable. Kent aka PG's bumchum.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.